VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do want the jurors to take time to do their job correctly

I don't want any chance for a mistrial.

I can wait the 3 day weekend out.

I feel sorry for JD. I don't fee sorry for AH.
It could be several days. I remember it was the longest 4 days (I think) waiting for the Jodi Arias verdict. I could not figure out what was taking THAT long to figure out JA was guilty, but they came back with the right answer. I believe it was 4 days.

EB and BR sure said “ it doesn’t matter” about a lot of things.
BR actually said “ it doesn’t matter how JD’s finger was cut, AH could have cut it off with an axe … “
Sorry I don’t remember how he finished that sentence.
Lot of don’t look at this… look over here.

JMO

Whut!?! Oh my, what is that supposed to mean 'it doesn't matter how...'?

This makes me a bit nervous.
Maybe a poll showed they're not all on the same page and need lots of time to discuss? They aren't even staying for a couple of hours.
I'd probably want to go home early too, if I was on the jury. They had a very long stressful week already.

those jury instructions are a lot to get through before they can even begin looking at the questionaires.

I bet they talked a bit, chose a jury foreman- maybe took a quick vote, maybe not--but they realised they weren't getting through all that in a couple of hours. Time to go home and relax and have family time over the holiday weekend.

well trial watching has taught me that you can conclude nothing from this ...however I would have thought if they were all on same page they would have stayed to work thru each point which becomes pretty easy if all thinking the same. Does make me wonder.
I never thought they would have had a verdict today because they didnt get to deliberations until late afternoon. That is not enough time.

They have had a very long week already.
And now they had to choose a foreman, talk a bit about the 6 week case for the first time together, then try to tackle the complicated jury instructions. And they had two long questionnaires sitting in front of them for after that.

I'd go home early too and take the holiday weekend to refresh and unwind.

I kind of liked that she said it.

My husband is a comedy writer. Also a screenwriter and an author. He has been a professional for 45 years. Has been a member of the Writer's Guild, the Animation Guild, SAG and the Directors Guild for decades.

If, God Forbid, LE subpoenaed his texts and emails, it would be highly embarrassing because he and his writer friends have competed with each other over who can write the most flowery but denigrating insulting but humorous things to each other and about each other, for years.

He is the kindest, most compassionate husband and father. But if you read some of the language he creatively concocted, it would be very awkward to read in public.

When I saw some of JD's rants I totally understood what it was about. He is describing his anger towards the anger and betrayal he felt about her shenanigans and vicious lies. He did so like my husband does---with a creative, dark humorous flair. That is what artists do when they want to release emotional angst. JMO

All good points that I know nothing about. Thanks for inside info, that makes me feel better. My thoughts were considering the sensitive nature of the trial I would have stayed away from ‘Dark’. I might have used esoteric, abstract, unusual…

I think many people would be misrepresented if their text were being read to the world, I know I would.That’s a scary thought!

As much as I would have liked a quick verdict today, I understand the jury wanting to go home, breathe, celebrate the Holiday weekend and return on Tuesday. For cryin out loud! They couldn't talk to each other about this case for 6 + weeks!

They probably got to their jury room, and busted out laughing. Finally! They could say...OUTLOUD to each other.... "5 Penthouses?' 'His own Island"? "Did ya see that wedding drug party itinerary?" " Did you see the huge bags of weed?" "Did ya hear that crazy cackle-laugh?"
" Who the fudge is Marilyn Manson?"

"Did she just say what I think she said?" ( Suck my....)?

Also, they had to discuss their opinions and views of all the attorneys presenting the case, and closings. That would have been interesting also.

I guess I can wait a few more days...:cool:
Absolutely the best post of the day

I wonder if AH was happy/satisfied with her teams closing arguments?

For some reason I think she'll be there when the verdict is read. It'll be something to watch whether she wins or loses. IMHO

I believe Depp and have personal experience of it. The mother of my grandson abused my son and continues to harass him to this day. She's thrown a pot of hot water over him (luckily it wasn't boiling), whacked his head with a drawer front, threatened to drive herself and my grandson into a brick wall. She's not in my life anymore as I've told her she better never come near my door. Unfortunately she continues to use my grandson as her weapon of choice, even though she stood in front of me and promised she'd never do that. He's only got a few years to go before he's out of her clutches and I'm so looking forward to that day.

I believe Depp and have personal experience of it. The mother of my grandson abused my son and continues to harass him to this day. She's thrown a pot of hot water over him (luckily it wasn't boiling), whacked his head with a drawer front, threatened to drive herself and my grandson into a brick wall. She's not in my life anymore as I've told her she better never come near my door. Unfortunately she continues to use my grandson as her weapon of choice, even though she stood in front of me and promised she'd never do that. He's only got a few years to go before he's out of her clutches and I'm so looking forward to that day.
Sorry about that. I can't imagine going through that. I'm glad JD inspires people to speak about their truths. I don't know that I've seen AH inspire anyone to do that.

I take it back. I did hear AH inspired someone. I saw on a youtube video, someone did a superchat, and they said in it that AH had shown them how badly they look to their family. Apparently, that person is like AH and is now inspired not to be. I think that took a lot of courage to admit, so maybe I'm wrong. Maybe AH can inspire folks.

You guys will get through it, just like JD did. And hopefully, JD's story will inspire your grandson once/or if he's old enough to grasp it.

Wonder where Johnny and Amber went? Theyll have to stick around close until after verdict.

I would love to have dinner this evening with Johnny and crew just to talk about all the funny things. I can see BC inviting Johnny over for the holiday.

Johnny may be on a private plane for a quick trip to Europe for all we know.

JD had left how many days before she showed those fresh bruises Outside court?

6 I think. Also when Rottenborn pulled up the arm bruise photo and scolded CV statement about her face. He showed the date and said it was a two week old bruise,well OK fine Ben, but where are the two week old bruises to her face that she said was beaten at the same time?.
Makes no sense, the arm is still bruised from a supposed grab but the punched face is fine?.
Crazy imo

Surely the jury must have noticed AH’s smirking, sniggering and note passing throughout Camille’s rebuttal.

Did anyone else notice when Camille said AH lied about being raped with a bottle AH shook her head and closed her eyes as if to feign tears, then within seconds was back to smirking and sniggering.

If I was on that jury and had any doubt before today, the doubt would be all gone now. Watching AH great the court with such blatant disrespect I was half expecting the judge to remind her where she is. And EB joining in on the sniggering too!

It’s all just a joke to this woman, and an absolute insult to actual victims of physical and sexual abuse. She’s a stone cold narcissist.

Are any of the public actually supporting AH? After her demeanour today I’d guess not many.
All MOO

Possibility that EB has developed Stockholm Syndrome at this point in time. She may need de-programming when she's released from service to AH's circus.

I would love to have dinner this evening with Johnny and crew just to talk about all the funny things. I can see BC inviting Johnny over for the holiday.

Johnny may be on a private plane for a quick trip to Europe for all we know.
Doubt he will be back now since they dont have to be there for the verdict.

Bredehoft and the $100million. Get real Elaine you just doubled Depp’s claim but never justified it.

(video at link)

In #AmberHeard's closing argument attorney Elaine Bredehoft told the jury they only sued for $100M to send a "message"because #JohnnyDepp sued for $50M.\ She said they don't expect the jury to award $100M. "...be fair and reasonable."

And who will compensate EB both in terms of reputation and emotional distress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper