VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is.

While I have no argument against Heard's refusal to mea culpa - and it is to her real detriment in credibility terms and is doing her absolutely no favours - Depp is extremely practiced at presenting himself in a light that, on the surface, looks like honesty and humility, but is, when examined in the cold light of objectivity, Depp admitting only to things that he knows will generate sympathy and empathy. He knows his audience. JMO.
BBM

This is way beyond generating sympathy.

> Depp stated that he was suddenly wrong about everything because Heard couldn’t ever be in the wrong. This escalated into frequent arguments in which Heard would name-call and demean him. Depp describes this arguing as something he would defend himself from in the beginning but which became unbearable and took a toll on his mind. “It's not a happy day, week, month when you're constantly being told how wrong you are, what an idiot you are. Then it increased and increased and became an endless circle, so as it escalated, I went straight to what I had learned as a youth which was to remove myself from the situation so that it couldn't continue,” Depp said on the stand. Heard also started being more controlling, down to when he was ALLOWED to go to sleep.

> Uber oath, JD testified about many different incidences of AH initiating physical fights. As we know rhe most explosive altercation between Depp and Heard took place in Australia, and it cost him the tip of his finger. During an argument over a post-nuptial agreement, Depp alleges that he was sitting down at the bar in his house when Heard grabbed a vodka bottle and threw it at him. The first bottle blew past his head, so she picked up a second large vodka bottle and hurled it at him, which hit his finger and shattered everywhere. It completely severed fingertip. All of the bones in the finger had also been crushed, and he ended up in the emergency room.

> AH also regularly accused him of having a drinking problem but refused to help him with his sobriety by quitting herself. He also testified that she regularly drank two bottles of wine a night and took drugs and magic mushrooms. When Depp would have a glass of wine, Heard would allegedly call him weak, an alcoholic, and tell him that his kids aren’t proud of him.

> JD stated that Heard has a need for conflict and a need for violence that erupts out of nowhere.

> There was the the incident, where AH was striking Depp anywhere she could get a shot in. Depp testified that they then didn’t see each other for an entire month.

> Depp , in telling how Heard would use information he had confided in her or things that were important to him against him, stated, "There were several occasions where Ms. Heard would tell me what a bad father I was and that I had no idea how to parent." Depp would tell Heard how important it was to him to see his kids and spend time with him, and this would allegedly send her into a tailspin, calling him a horrible father and preventing him from seeing his children because she needed him for her own needs.

> Depp went in for detox. The doctor who was supposed to oversee his detox and administer drugs that were meant to help alleviate withdrawal symptoms at some point handed the responsibility of administering these drugs OVER TO Amber. This became a problem when Depp felt intense withdrawal symptoms coming on and asked for his medication, which Heard refused to give to him. "I believe that was about the lowest point in my life. That was the lowest I'd ever felt as a human being because I had to say ‘please, please may I have the meds, because it's really kicking in?’ and she was adamant ‘no, it's not time,’” Depp testified under oath.

> JD then began to cry and beg, but AH would not let up. This required Depp to resort to scalding hot showers to distract his brain from the withdrawal. This led to Depp leaving his island where he was detoxing and asking Heard to stay away from him for five or six days to complete his detox. This was met with accusations of abandonment, but she eventually obliged.

> JD testified that if he tried to prove his version of a story or if he tried to stay and argue with her, he was sure it would escalate into violence, and it often did. He said: "Ms. Heard, in her frustration, rage, and anger, she would strike out. It could BEGIN with a slap, it could begin with a shove, it could begin with throwing a TV remote at my head, it could begin with throwing a glass of wine in my face… it was constant.”

And there's so much more...

It's called 'reactive abuse' - when someone has been provoked and pushed to the edge and then finally 'goes off'. Reactive abuse as far as I know is not generally considered to be the same thing as being a perpetrator / abuser but I suppose it could be, depending on context and how far it went. Otherwise it could be considered a form of self defence?
Exactly....it's a reaction from being provoked.
But EB seemed to stress that it counts as abuse nevertheless. That worries me.
I hope the jurors see through this.
Hopefully this will be addressed in the rebuttal by Team DP.

I didn't follow it but wasn't the kicker there that a juror said they all thought she was guilty but there was something about the law that meant they couldn't return that verdict?.
Please forgive me if I've got that totally backwards because I'm just pulling a memory from something I think I've read before, so MOO and hopefully someone who actually knows the case will be able to tell me :)
IIRC, the reason that they've been judged so harshly is because they were mentally applying "the CSI effect" (we need to have information beyond ALL doubts tied up in a convenient knot; not to worry about the in fact legal standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt"), and allowed themselves to, yes, be baffled and bamboozled by her defense attorney's flailings:

> Depp , in telling how Heard would use information he had confided in her or things that were important to him against him, stated, "There were several occasions where Ms. Heard would tell me what a bad father I was and that I had no idea how to parent." Depp would tell Heard how important it was to him to see his kids and spend time with him, and this would allegedly send her into a tailspin, calling him a horrible father and preventing him from seeing his children because she needed him for her own needs.
Let's just stop and think about this for a moment... because as confusing as the above may seem, it's actually a legit statement based upon recordings we had.

Amber Heard would literally say "you are a deadbeat father", WHILE she was simultaneously trying to bar him physically from going away from her to see his daughter Lily-Rose, in just one instance for which we've got recorded statements.

??? The person wanting to bar you from seeing your child saying you are "a deadbeat" is pretty rich, considering seeing the kids is the opposite of "deadbeat"; and kowtowing to your wife's demands to shun them to spend time with said wife instead, in fact WOULD be the exact definition of "deadbeat"... yet again, IMO, MOO, Amber Heard literally makes no sense because her main goal is to make him out to look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member