VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still waiting on a public statement from the ACLU.
Spokesperson issues much?
They posted this on their website on May 18. Right in the middle of this trial. Before that I had thought that perhaps they would cut ties with her after the trial ended, especially if JD wins his case. This looks like a pretty clear message of support for her.
JMO

During the current defamation lawsuit between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard, some have claimed that the ACLU made Ms. Heard an ambassador for gender justice and wrote an op-ed on her behalf in exchange for her pledge to donate money to the ACLU. This is wrong. We do not write op-eds or offer ambassadorships in exchange for donations. Period. Becoming an ACLU Artist Ambassador is entirely voluntary; it is a favor to the ACLU, not vice versa.

In 2016, Ms. Heard pledged to donate $3.5 million over 10 years to the ACLU. Two years later, in 2018, the ACLU invited Ms. Heard to become an ambassador and to work with us on an op-ed to bring attention to the issue of sexual assault and domestic violence issues; she agreed. Through her ambassadorship, Ms. Heard supported our advocacy for gender justice issues, a cause that has long been central to our mission at least since Ruth Bader Ginsburg headed the ACLU’s Women’s Rights Project.

They posted this on their website on May 18. Right in the middle of this trial. Before that I had thought that perhaps they would cut ties with her after the trial ended, especially if JD wins his case. This looks like a pretty clear message of support for her.
JMO

During the current defamation lawsuit between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard, some have claimed that the ACLU made Ms. Heard an ambassador for gender justice and wrote an op-ed on her behalf in exchange for her pledge to donate money to the ACLU. This is wrong. We do not write op-eds or offer ambassadorships in exchange for donations. Period. Becoming an ACLU Artist Ambassador is entirely voluntary; it is a favor to the ACLU, not vice versa.

In 2016, Ms. Heard pledged to donate $3.5 million over 10 years to the ACLU. Two years later, in 2018, the ACLU invited Ms. Heard to become an ambassador and to work with us on an op-ed to bring attention to the issue of sexual assault and domestic violence issues; she agreed. Through her ambassadorship, Ms. Heard supported our advocacy for gender justice issues, a cause that has long been central to our mission at least since Ruth Bader Ginsburg headed the ACLU’s Women’s Rights Project.

I wonder if they’ll lose donations? People have not been impressed with what they have found out…

Going back to the smashing cabinets incident… what was JD so irate about? I cannot remember? It had to do with his work/finances, but I don’t remember specifics. You would think if he really was an abuser, he would have clocked in the head with that magnum wine bottle after everything she was putting him through.

Going back to the smashing cabinets incident… what was JD so irate about? I cannot remember? It had to do with his work/finances, but I don’t remember specifics. You would think if he really was an abuser, he would have clocked in the head with that magnum wine bottle after everything she was putting him through.

I think it was that he found out his friend and lawyer were swindling him, and if I remember correctly, Amber was across the street in one of the houses at the end of the cal du sac and she came over there and set up that camera while in he was in the middle of being upset. She wasn't even supposed to be in that house.

DBM. Already answered by wasnt_me

It will be a historic moment if the jury decides JD.

Only because AH is a woman she will win.

I WILL CRY.
Same here. I will cry, and probably never watch another trial. Didn’t think I’d ever watch another trial after Casey Anthony. Then I caved in and followed the Jodi Arias trial. At least she was convicted.

I can’t take another injustice or disappointment like the CA verdict, or if this one goes south. But that’s just me. I for sure could never have been a lawyer.

His mom passed evening before the cabinets.

His mom passed evening before the cabinets.
They said the cabinets happened February 8 or 10th. I can't recall the year. His mom died in May. She died May 20th, and he went to the penthouse May 21st, so the cabinet event could NOT have happened in between because he hadn't seen Amber for a month before he arrived at the penthouse that evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah