DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How do you feel the jury will decide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does look like a party place, to me. Add a mini-trailer park and a pool and you have a miniature Hicksville back yard.
i found the decorating dark and gloomy and frankly tacky. I mean lets put it this way...bad enough that I would not rent it even for a couple of nights as an air BNB. home in the desert without a pool? Now maybe those are shots early on and she has added one.

Well it looks like I didn't miss much today while I was away. I'm glad to hear the jury having questions though. Asking for clarity before coming to a decision is a very good thing.

I'll go out on a limb and predict the verdict comes in tomorrow, before lunch. ;)
I hope so. I hope things were clarified and discussed today, in favor of JD, and that tomorrow will be filling out the paperwork and determining damages.

That's just my hope...

Yes. The question and answer struck me as bad news for team Depp, but the way Chew’s head was bobbing up and down signals he was happy w/the Judge’s response. I have to assume Chew’s far more on the ball than I am when it comes to understanding this stuff.

He probably has a really good idea of where the jury is in the process and finds it to be favorable.

Yes. The question and answer struck me as bad news for team Depp, but the way Chew’s head was bobbing up and down signals he was happy w/the Judge’s response. I have to assume Chew’s far more on the ball than I am when it comes to understanding this stuff.

Every detail that has to be considered is overwhelming! Not just the fact-finding!

absolutely...however this comes out an appeal is certain.

I want this to be a strong and non-contestible verdict.

I don't think an appeal is fair to the other citizens of Fairfax County whose far less sensational and entertaining cases are being held up by this case.

If they can't even pay for meals for the jury, they are getting to a point where the only way people will serve is if they can make money off of TV appearances or writing books about the case.

Which, I think, should not be allowed.

He probably has a really good idea of where the jury is in the process and finds it to be favorable.
i found the Q an A really strange after reviewing again. It seems to say this entire trial is about a headline rather than the contents of the Op-Ed? I don't honestly see how either side agreed with that answer especially the JD team. Guess I am/have really missed what this case was about.

I’m disturbed. What is it that the jury cannot agree on? Thoughts?

Will there be a hung jury?
Having reviewed those verdict forms online with a couple of attorneys and many people in the chat, I really think it takes awhile to go through not only the jury instructions, but all the questions on the verdict forms, not to mention calculating any monetary damages. I’m not at all surprised they didn’t reach a verdict today.

Well to each their own...that looks hot...hot...hot and not a pool in sight. In those photos she looks just like her sister. Somehow I don't think she will be spending much time out in the desert.
Not a very toddler friendly home. What is the baby going to do out there when she is walking age? Too hot to go outside and play and too many snakes, spiders,scorpions and coyotes for her to be unsupervised.

Not many little friends around to play with either.

Last edited:
With what was it , nearly 40 questions to answer on that jury form, and all the jury instructions to first understand, AND monetary damages to agree on.... My own estimate of Wednesday after lunch starts to sound too optimistic to myself. Maybe I am more on @Herat 's fence now too, with a Friday verdict.

i don't think we can assume they are NOT agreeing on anything...but rather methodically going over each instruction and now deciding a $$ amount. That part could bring a wide range of opinions...probably more discussion that even guilty or not.

Is the jury able to review testimony footage?

i found the decorating dark and gloomy and frankly tacky. I mean lets put it this way...bad enough that I would not rent it even for a couple of nights as an air BNB. home in the desert without a pool? Now maybe those are shots early on and she has added one.

I believe those interior shots would be the ones done by the original owners at the time the home was listed for sale in 2019, and not what AH is currently living in. Those dark leather sofas, ugh.

It's OK inside, a bit tract house-like, especially the bedrooms. The bathroom pictured is so much more expensively finished than the bedrooms. The kitchen is OK, but not hipster-trendy with that very ordinary granite and those ugly poles.

I'm assuming she's had some of it remodeled. The exterior appearance is private and quite nicely done. Add some high-end rock and cactus landscaping in the front and privacy fences, too.

and did you see the big side hug that CV gave to BC after this? I think team Depp was satisfied with the answer the judge was giving ..or with the question the jurors were asking.

I want this to be a strong and non-contestible verdict.

I don't think an appeal is fair to the other citizens of Fairfax County whose far less sensational and entertaining cases are being held up by this case.

If they can't even pay for meals for the jury, they are getting to a point where the only way people will serve is if they can make money off of TV appearances or writing books about the case.

Which, I think, should not be allowed.
if these jurors are serving and getting a per diem of $30/day to cover transportation..https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/jury/jury-duty-faq. and that if for meals too that is way too low. Cost of living out there is high. Unless they have employers that are paying them for this time I don't know how they can do it. Often juries are made up of retirees or even unemployed etc. but from what I understand this jury is not retirement age at all. No wonder they don't want to hang around and order dinner etc. Fairfax is a fairly well off area of VA. so maybe some are business owners but still a huge sacrifice.

Do you know who the parties are in the email exchange that the jury saw?
It was in this guys taped deposition

The ACLU’s general counsel Terence Dougherty complicated that portrait in a videotaped deposition played in court on Thursday, where he estimated that Heard donated only $1.3 million of the $3.5 million that she pledged.

[. ]

On Dec. 18, 2018, Heard published a Washington Post op-ed titled “I spoke up against sexual violence — and faced our culture’s wrath. That has to change.” Her byline identified her as the ACLU’s ambassador on women’s rights.

Undisclosed in the op-ed’s byline, the draft had a co-writer and a bevy of lawyers striking out any explicit reference to Heard’s former husband.

Asked about the ACLU lawyers scrutinizing the draft, Dougherty said: “I think there were four.”

The piece did not mention Depp by name, and the ACLU’s lawyer testified that this was by design.

Depp’s lawyers claim that his name was not necessary because the piece referred obliquely to their well-publicized and tawdry legal proceedings in 2016, when Heard filed for a restraining order.

An email pitching the piece to the Post’s op-ed editor Michael Larabee suggests that those involved in the op-ed knew the subtext was clear.

“Hey Michael, [I’m] wondering if we might interest you in a piece by Amber Heard (who, as you may recall, was beaten up during her brief marriage to Johnny Depp), on what the incoming Congress can to do to help protect women in similar situations,” the email said, with the parenthetical in original.

Dougherty agreed that sizing down references from her marriage and divorce to Depp made it more impactful. One of the co-writers of the op-ed, Robin Shulman, opined that the legal team had “neutered” references to Heard’s marriage and allegations of domestic violence.

Attachments

• 139AABB2-AF2F-426A-AA1B-BD225937BAEB.jpeg
    139AABB2-AF2F-426A-AA1B-BD225937BAEB.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 14

I agree, very 80’s. Remember AH took a lot of JD’s furniture from the penthouses according to Isaac‘s testimony.

IMO Isaac was the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member