DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How do you feel the jury will decide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yucca Valley is a hellhole in summer. Really unbearable. Even with AC. I surmise she also must have an apartment closer to LA for work and the summers. On a good day, it's a 2.5 hour drive into central LA from that region.

And that site, with a wash right next to it is full-on coyote, rattlesnake and scorpion territory. Not a place to leave your bedroom doors open at night to let the cooler night air in. I wouldn't be all that comfortable with a toddler or small child unsupervised there. Also doesn't appear to have a perimeter fence or a gate. Looks to have a privacy fence, maybe. No pool or water features. I would want full fencing, a gate, and at least some water feature there.

Yucca Valley has a reputation of being a druggie and low-life hangout, but due to the influx of cash-wealthly young LA types looking for their minimalist or mid-century modern Joshua Tree moments, rather than gated golf-course second homes, it has had a stunning number of 1$million + homes built.

Real estate values are up almost 47%, with the higher numbers trending to have the Joshua Tree zip codes.
I agree. It's terrifying thinking of a rattlesnake or scorpion hiding in outdoor toys and the threat to curious dogs. And the long wooden bridge with no railing/sides to the gazebo is not toddler/kid friendly either. To each their own.

Having reviewed those verdict forms online with a couple of attorneys and many people in the chat, I really think it takes awhile to go through not only the jury instructions, but all the questions on the verdict forms, not to mention calculating any monetary damages. I’m not at all surprised they didn’t reach a verdict today.
Thanks to everyone for your replies. It’s helpful to read your thoughts.

I think Issac was on one of my first days watching the trial...I got hooked. What a guy.....
On the stand they aggressively sneered at him...."You didn't pay rent, DID YOU". His reply "No one did." lol. Then he could have, but didn't, list all of Amber's freeloaders.

I'm just now going thru the trial, I started out just kind of reading headlines, and had no idea she was (IMO) so bad. The part that really jumped out at me was the constant snarky goading when he tried to avoid her. For instance on that one famous tape that she (appears to have given to the press), she goaded and goaded him into reacting,while she filmed him then gave it, IMO, to the tabloids.

Last edited:
I am wondering how many jurors, if any, saw or heard things about the trial, during their 3 day weekend. If they went to any BBQs or family events, I'm thinking they may have heard conversations by people, even if they never commented themselves.

That happened to me all weekend, everyplace I went. And it made me wonder if the jurors were experiencing the same.

I have to admit, I'd be so very tempted to look up some things if I was on a break as a juror. :eek::p

On the stand they aggressively sneered at him...."You didn't pay rent, DID YOU". His reply "No one did." lol. Then he could have, but didn't, list all of Amber's freeloaders.

I'm just now going thru the trial, I started out just kind of reading headlines, and had no idea she was (IMO) so bad. The part that really jumped out at me was the constant snarky goading when he tried to avoid her. For instance on that one famous tape that she (appears to have given to the press), she goaded and goaded him into reacting,while she filmed him then gave it, IMO, to the tabloids.

Her snarkiness knows no bounds. She is such a gaslighter too. And she chases HIM around when he is trying to get away from her. I really hope the jury saw all of the dynamics between them.

Oh, btw @Nuttmeg, love your BWagz avatar! Let's Goooo....

I agree. It's terrifying thinking of a rattlesnake or scorpion hiding in outdoor toys and the threat to curious dogs. And the long wooden bridge with no railing/sides to the gazebo is not toddler/kid friendly either. To each their own.

By the time the kid is old enough to use the bridge large parts of it will need replacing, sitting totally exposed in that relentless desert sun all year.

He was never there in his black mesh shirt

Because he let us know he doesn’t own one, and with confidence said “that’s not even something I would ever wear” He really didnt appear the type to wear anything like that which made it even funnier.

He was a hoot! A simple kind citizen that was all about doing the right thing. Clearly he did not want to be there, despite Elaine thinking he was there so he could be on Tv:D

I am wondering how many jurors, if any, saw or heard things about the trial, during their 3 day weekend. If they went to any BBQs or family events, I'm thinking they may have heard conversations by people, even if they never commented themselves.

That happened to me all weekend, everyplace I went. And it made me wonder if the jurors were experiencing the same.

I have to admit, I'd be so very tempted to look up some things if I was on a break as a juror. :eek::p
I was worried about magazine tabloids at the grocery store stands. It's hard to avoid those, they are right in your face.

Her snarkiness knows no bounds. She is such a gaslighter too. And she chases HIM around when he is trying to get away from her. I really hope the jury saw all of the dynamics between them.

Oh, btw @Nuttmeg, love your BWagz avatar! Let's Goooo....
Oh yeah, I've always liked him, class all the way, and the SeaH's treated him like you know what.

I found a different article about Paul McCartney apparently supporting JD during his recent concerts. It was even cooler than reported elsewhere. It wasn't just a photo projected up on the screen, but a dual music video of "My Valentine" with JD and Natalie Portman using deaf sign language. So it appears to be something which was made a few years back. People are commenting on it because Paul has decided to keep showing it during his concerts (including one in early May), which some interpret as him being supportive of JD during the trial.

Paul McCartney Shows Support for Johnny Depp in Viral Concert Footage

The article includes a full clip of the music video as well as concert footage.

It was in this guys taped deposition

The ACLU’s general counsel Terence Dougherty complicated that portrait in a videotaped deposition played in court on Thursday, where he estimated that Heard donated only $1.3 million of the $3.5 million that she pledged.

[. ]

On Dec. 18, 2018, Heard published a Washington Post op-ed titled “I spoke up against sexual violence — and faced our culture’s wrath. That has to change.” Her byline identified her as the ACLU’s ambassador on women’s rights.

Undisclosed in the op-ed’s byline, the draft had a co-writer and a bevy of lawyers striking out any explicit reference to Heard’s former husband.

Asked about the ACLU lawyers scrutinizing the draft, Dougherty said: “I think there were four.”

The piece did not mention Depp by name, and the ACLU’s lawyer testified that this was by design.

Depp’s lawyers claim that his name was not necessary because the piece referred obliquely to their well-publicized and tawdry legal proceedings in 2016, when Heard filed for a restraining order.

An email pitching the piece to the Post’s op-ed editor Michael Larabee suggests that those involved in the op-ed knew the subtext was clear.

“Hey Michael, [I’m] wondering if we might interest you in a piece by Amber Heard (who, as you may recall, was beaten up during her brief marriage to Johnny Depp), on what the incoming Congress can to do to help protect women in similar situations,” the email said, with the parenthetical in original.

Dougherty agreed that sizing down references from her marriage and divorce to Depp made it more impactful. One of the co-writers of the op-ed, Robin Shulman, opined that the legal team had “neutered” references to Heard’s marriage and allegations of domestic violence.

@Cindizzi Good work posting this. You got those important names correct. Seems to me, everyone involved publishing this "piece" bears responsibility.

I'm just grateful that they didn't bring a child into the world in that environment.

You would have to about crawl under a rock to avoid hearing anything. If you even go to eat they have tvs with Fox News or other channels turned on. Its almost impossible to avoid not hearing something about it. jmo.

I believe the laptop that the Judge gave the jurors to take with them into deliberations has on it all testimony that is in evidence. So they should be able to review it all at their leisure.
I thought the laptop had all exhibits loaded onto it from the trial . I think they need to rely on their memory and notes for the actual testimony. Someone please correct if that is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn