DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How do you feel the jury will decide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I get it now.

The jury, when they asked that question, they were confused as to whether -- when they saw the title -- it was signifying the article as a whole. For example, when I say, "Aquaman sucks," do I mean the title sucks or the whole movie sucks. So it sounds like they were confused on whether they were being asked if the WHOLE article was false or if just the title is false.

The judge says, "the confusion came in this one because the "statement in question" is the title of the op-ed, so I think they're just confused whether it's the while op-ed..."

Oh, I get it now.

The jury, when they asked that question, they were confused as to whether -- when they saw the title -- it was signifying the article as a whole. For example, when I say, "Aquaman sucks," do I mean the title sucks or the whole movie sucks. So it sounds like they were confused on whether they were being asked if the WHOLE article was false.

The judge says, "the confusion came in this one because the "statement in question" is the title of the op-ed, so I think they're just confused whether it's the while op-ed..."

Is that good or bad? :oops:

Well to each their own...that looks hot...hot...hot and not a pool in sight. In those photos she looks just like her sister. Somehow I don't think she will be spending much time out in the desert.
Agree, looks so hot. And so bright it hurts my eyes. I have to have trees and greenery. But to each his own.

Johnny Depp has been camped out at the Ritz-Carlton in Virginia during his marathon defamation trial against ex-wife Amber Heard, recuperating from his daily courtroom grind with chicken Parmigiana dinners and red wine, sources told Fox News Digital.

The veteran thespian and his entourage routinely drop $1,000 a night on fine wines and have opted for the $35 chicken Parmigiana entrée as their default dish, according to another source.
this is probably the sweetest "gig" those attorneys and team ever had. I am sure they are working hard but not your average case.

Is that good or bad? :oops:
Well, if it's like I think, they were asking if the verdict form for the statement "I spoke out against sexual violence...." is asking them to evaluate JUST the title or if the form is asking them to evaluate the WHOLE article. Am I making sense?

It's very confusing, but I think they wanted to know if they were being asked what they thought of the title versus what they thought of the article. Am I making sense?

The interesting part is, that to evaluate the statement within the title, they have to take it in the context of the article. confusing.

Johnny Depp has been camped out at the Ritz-Carlton in Virginia during his marathon defamation trial against ex-wife Amber Heard, recuperating from his daily courtroom grind with chicken Parmigiana dinners and red wine, sources told Fox News Digital.

The veteran thespian and his entourage routinely drop $1,000 a night on fine wines and have opted for the $35 chicken Parmigiana entrée as their default dish, according to another source.

Scribbling notes: Check out Chicken Parmigiana at Ritz-Carlton in Virginia

I wonder if any of the jurors have ordered Chicken Parmigiana, too. Just thinkin'

Now I'm hungry

what is the point now?? Why did they not object at the time. I agree it was wrong but no one said anything at the time as I remember.

I would have expected them to object on this when they had the chance. An oversight?

Based on her denial I’m assuming that the law states you can’t file a motion once deliberations begin? If that is correct I’m surprised Chew would attempt it.

MOTION BY DEPP
MEMO IN SUPPORT OF

What the motion was asking was for a special jury instruction that they jury should NOT, as Heard's team suggested, take into consideration what "message" they will send to abuse victims in the public - that they will somehow send a message to abuse victims that they can never have enough proof, never enough pictures, or witnesses etc. They are not here to worry about curing all of society's ills. They are here about this small limited matter between two parties.

It was a long shot IMO but had to be filed simply to preserve the record so to speak. They objected and asked for a cure via a revised jury instruction about NOT listening to that part of the closing by Amber's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member