DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How do you feel the jury will decide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A seven-person jury on Wednesday reached a verdict regarding Johnny Depp’s defamation suit against his former wife Amber Heard.

Depp sued for $50 million in damages over a 2018 opinion-editorial essay in The Washington Post, in which Heard said she had become a “public figure representing domestic abuse.” Although the essay never mentioned Depp by name, his attorneys said it indirectly referred to allegations she made against him during their 2016 divorce.

Heard countersued for $100 million and said she was only ever violent with Depp in self-defense or defense of her younger sister. Heard’s countersuit, which centered around three statements made by Depp’s former attorney in 2020 to the Daily Mail, in which he described Heard's allegations of abuse as a "hoax."...

That is poor judgement on their part for a few reasons. They are losing credibility for their cause by getting into this.
Their biggest blunder was participating in the writing of the op-ed, in my opinion.

I wonder if they believe that the "pledges" which A.H. made to them would turn into "donations" if they provided the assistance to A.H. with the Op Ed.

The ACLU lost quite a bit of respect after their participation in the op-ed came out.

In my opinion, the ACLU needs to sue A.H. for that pledge money!!

And how about the Children's Hospital that suffered the same treatment. A Children's Hospital!

JMO

Last edited:
Since AH will be there (as reported), is she thinking she will win this case?
i don't think so but as I stated above it is all about the drama and will use this result to make the point that abused woman are not taken seriously especially when the abuser is a powerful man. It actually plays into her narrative. She will not just go away...

But only one of them went out in the national press to claim sexual abuse victimhood as her badge of honor. And that's what it is all about.

Correct and he on the other hand has not participated in slander or malice in reference to her for the last 6 years. One of his friends said he hasn’t said anything about her publicly or privately. Including about her father and sister.

I feel like I did the day they called with my sons autism diagnosis, I was so scared they would say we were wrong, even though I 150 % knew we weren't, all that fighting to be heard suddenly weighed on that one phone call and I was in bits waiting for the phone to ring.
This is how my tummy feels now too o_O
Big, calming gentle virtual hug. Xo

Woohoo! Depp will win and I’m guessing he will receive damages of at least the 7 million for the divorce settlement. I hope he is there is person. I believe they decided yesterday to sleep on it and come have lunch together one last time then announce their decision.

JMO but I also believe they will agree to talk in unison to reporters and attorneys. I think they will be proud of their work.

All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member