DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How do you feel the jury will decide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be a verdict on Tuesday, do you think?

I don’t think so.

Even though WE have been reviewing clips for days, the jury should not be, and they don’t have their court lap-tops. I think there is a lot to do. They have to elect a jury foreman. They have an awful lot of written testimony to read, then they have to discuss all kinds of issues. Review the instructions.

I think they will take this very seriously and I would say Wednesday at the earliest, possibly even Thursday.

It’s really a lot of work and I don’t think they want to appear to be superficial and risk an appeal because of some jury issue.

The ex-wife of a prominent NRL player has weighed into the Johnny Heard and Amber Heard dispute saying the Pirates of the Caribbean star has succeeded in ensuring “women won’t be believed”.

Phoebe Burgess, the ex-wife of former South Sydney player, Sam Burgess, took to Instagram late on Sunday to argue the shocking public reaction to the trial will stop other victims coming forward.

Big sign Johnny Depp has already wonWhy victim-survivors are turning on Heard
“Not only for Heard, but for any victim-survivor observing and seeing the attack that happens when someone speaks about the abuse they have experienced,” she told news.com.au.

Phoebe Burgess is the ex-wife of former South Sydney player, Sam Burgess

The ex-wife of a prominent NRL player has weighed into the Johnny Heard and Amber Heard dispute saying the Pirates of the Caribbean star has succeeded in ensuring “women won’t be believed”.

Phoebe Burgess, the ex-wife of former South Sydney player, Sam Burgess, took to Instagram late on Sunday to argue the shocking public reaction to the trial will stop other victims coming forward.

“Not only for Heard, but for any victim-survivor observing and seeing the attack that happens when someone speaks about the abuse they have experienced,” she told news.com.au.

Wow, did they ask her what she thought about JD coming forward with HIS abuse claims? I wonder how she feels about ensuring that MEN will be believed???

I disagree with her.

I think this trial shows that SA is an extremely serious charge that IS taken seriously, with huge consequences.

I think it shows that SA should be taken seriously, and corroborated by evidence.

Well anyone can say anything. But in a court of law it has to be proven. If it happened the way AH said those were some very serious allegations. Some that would have been substantiated by medical records.

Who she really SHOULD be very mad at, is Amber Heard. AH and her lies and manipulations will be the reason women no longer will be believed, NOT her alleged victim JD, even with verdict still pending, but certainly if the Jury finds for Plaintiff.

I disagree with her.

I think this trial shows that SA is an extremely serious charge that IS taken seriously, with huge consequences.

I think it shows that SA should be taken seriously, and corroborated by evidence.

I hope it helps real victims learn the importance of coming forward at the time, whether they think they have sufficient evidence or not. I know some might be afraid, etc, but that's just letting the criminal get away with it and making it harder to prove later. Keep your clothes, don't take a shower, and go to the doctor immediately.

I don’t think so.

Even though WE have been reviewing clips for days, the jury should not be, and they don’t have their court lap-tops. I think there is a lot to do. They have to elect a jury foreman. They have an awful lot of written testimony to read, then they have to discuss all kinds of issues. Review the instructions.

I think they will take this very seriously and I would say Wednesday at the earliest, possibly even Thursday.

It’s really a lot of work and I don’t think they want to appear to be superficial and risk an appeal because of some jury issue.

And, there's calculating any damages (should they decide in that direction).

There is a youtube video by Spidey, A behavioral analyst that talks about Amber's testimony about a fight in the house in Australia. I think it's the fight where his finger was cut.

He is really quite fair, and notes that he does not weigh in on guilt or innocence, but Amber's description of the fight appears to show a cluster of behavioural inconsistencies that imply she is not telling the truth. In addition, she makes some claims about being flung across the room and landing on a ping-pong table with her pulling Depp with her, bottles breaking, her holding something in her hands.....

He points out that it logistically doesn't work that way and at no time does she say JD had a bottle in his hand, she had the bottle.

Interesting

"Truthteller's tell, liars sell". Thanks for sharing this. It's very insightful.

I don’t think so.

I agree 100%. We have to remember that the Jury is just now getting to discuss and compare notes amongst themselves. This was a WEEKS long trial with a week long break in there.
I don’t remember ever seeing a trial where Jurors are provided a laptop with video/audio evidence to review in addition to other evidence such as Exhibits.
I would completely understand if some of them wanted to go back and refresh their memories.
Do they take a poll of those who need to review the first weeks of testimony? If so, do they make a game plan to review it as a group or individually?

The Judge read the verdict forms to them and instructed them not to take notes because they would be provided a written copy.
I would expect them to take at least a couple of hours, maybe half a day discussing it and making sure they are in agreement that they are all interpreting it the same way.

This is not a Criminal trial where their task is to determine Guilty or Not Guilty.

So if they take all day Tuesday and Wednesday, I will not be worried that they are “ not on the same page “.

I would think that they are appropriately weighing the evidence as they have been tasked to do .

There are several elements that they have to consider here.. JD’s claim and AH’s counterclaim and then damages awarded.

These are just my thoughts and opinions about when a verdict might come back.
I know I will be on pins and needles in the meantime.

Do you all think there was enough dialogue about there not being ANY proof/medical docs of the SA she is claiming? I can’t recall paramount rebuttal on it, but I’m still processing parts of it, especially Friday.

"Truthteller's tell, liars sell". Thanks for sharing this. It's very insightful

I’ve watched 2 others YouTube’s he’s done about the trial and I thought they were very informative. I like his approach better that the Body Language Guy because he is looking at behaviour and patterns. I think he tries to be fair in his comments. It’s very interesting.

He did a segment on Depp, too. Depp is far more natural and spontaneous is his testimony.

The video that includes the Law & Lumber fellow is particularly good because he was in the courtroom and lays out AH’s testimony as it relates to the jury and their reactions.

AH is not convincing these analysts of her story.

Last edited:
Will there be a verdict on Tuesday, do you think?
I think the jury has so much to sort through, between the evidence, the audio clips, video clips etc. that it will take awhile to do that first. Then, they will have discussions and finally try to figure out those verdict forms, which I found challenging. I’m thinking it may be Wednesday, UNLESS all of them are ready to put this all behind them and pretty much made up their minds during the final days of the trial (they’re not supposed to, I know) …. In which case it could be Tuesday! :)

Battered women will lie about there bruises and try to cover up for the abuser before they decide to get out. Why are we just seeing photos where she claims he has abused her? She said she was trying to protect him and keep from getting him in trouble? If he battered her as much as she claims where are the pictures of bruises being explained away in public ? She is always around someone. Yet no testimony .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298