DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How do you feel the jury will decide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard for me to take seriously, anything AH said in that OP ED, after the following testimony :

"Depp’s attorney read an email from the ACLU to Heard about the op-ed that said: “The goal is to get this out this week to capitalize on the tremendous campaign for ‘Aquaman.’”

Dougherty responded to the attorney, “I do recall that there was a conversation about the optimal timing for the op-ed piece.”

He said Heard agreed that the column should be released around the movie’s release. The piece was titled “Amber Heard: I spoke up against sexual violence – and faced our culture’s wrath. That has to change.” Dougherty said the ACLU was not responsible for the headline in the Post.

The paper published the piece on Dec. 18, 2018, three days before “Aquaman” arrived in domestic theaters on Dec. 21, 2018."

So this Op ED was essentially a promo for her latest film role? :rolleyes:

Yes. I certainly reads that way that ACLU was not acting as an independent agent in this respect but was manipulating the publicity that would accompany Amber in the opening of Aquaman, and with Aquaman's publicity being used without their knowledge to promote Amber's false claim by ACLU.

So really Amber was using Aquaman's publicity to link her to claim of SA by Depp.

Depp is well rid of this awful person.

Respectfully, I disagree.

Her 2 opening paragraphs refer to her own early personal experience and the realisation of the 'power imbalance' that makes women so reluctant to come forward. Her 3rd paragraph - referencing how she was perceived after her DA claims - is the starting premise for the rest of the op ed's much broader discussion of what happens to women when they speak up.

For clarity, domestic abuse is any, some or all of the following:

What is domestic abuse? - Womens Aid

Just also for clarity, I'm not arguing the many flaws in her own testimony in this trial, just looking objectively at the op-ed and its 'implications' since that's what the jury is tasked with making a judgement upon.

Yes, the other 20% of the article is about something other than sexual violence, just like I stated; however, the theme of it and the majority of it is about sexual violence and the #metoo movement, hence the title it was given. A title Amber heard either approved of or "recklessly" ignored when she republished it.

The #metoo movement is about sexual violence.

"#MeToo is a social movement originating among women, advocating for survivors of sexual harassment or violence to speak out about their experiences in order to expose and combat various forms of sexual misconduct."

Amber Heard has put herself up as an ambassador by talking about sexual violence and #metoo from personal experience. According her, that personal experience is that men in power get away with sexual violence and are protected. Hence, her title, republished by her using the words, "today I publish." One of her prime examples of that (besides her personal experience, which the article relies on the public knowing) is the SEXUAL misconduct of Donald Trump.

I have not seen one piece of the jury instruction that tells the jury how they must define domestic abuse, so that it is up to the individual's interpretation. They will not have any internet to look up what it means and must decide for themselves. That is why it is imperative to make the distinction because being accused of sexual violence is not the same as being accused of physical violence, so that we can figure out just what AH is defaming JD about. Physical violence is not once mentioned in that article.

I think trying to be objective goes without saying, but now that all the evidence is in, it's not required. What's required is rendering a decision based upon your interpretation of the evidence.

For clarity, the jury is not asked to look at the op-ed for its topic's implications on the reader. They are asked to look at the op-ed as whole when considering whether Amber Heard defamed Johnny Depp. I think a good hint about whether it has defamed him is seen in how they tried to change the article's title, which has sexual violence in it.

The hyperlink below says the new title is "I've seen how institutions protect me accused of abuse. Here's what we can do about it." Notice, the words 'Sexual violence," the defaming words, are removed.

Last edited:
It is hard for me to take seriously, anything AH said in that OP ED, after the following testimony :

"Depp’s attorney read an email from the ACLU to Heard about the op-ed that said: “The goal is to get this out this week to capitalize on the tremendous campaign for ‘Aquaman.’”

Dougherty responded to the attorney, “I do recall that there was a conversation about the optimal timing for the op-ed piece.”

He said Heard agreed that the column should be released around the movie’s release. The piece was titled “Amber Heard: I spoke up against sexual violence – and faced our culture’s wrath. That has to change.” Dougherty said the ACLU was not responsible for the headline in the Post.

The paper published the piece on Dec. 18, 2018, three days before “Aquaman” arrived in domestic theaters on Dec. 21, 2018."

So this Op ED was essentially a promo for her latest film role? :rolleyes:
It seems everything AH did, or does, is calculating!

Re: AH’s statement that she couldn’t tell if she was penetrated vaginally with a liquor bottle or not - she felt pressure on her pubic bone - and if she was penetrated with a liquor bottle, she doesn’t know if was broken or not
Still to this day…
(paraphrasing from my memory)

I was a nurse in my younger days- you would be surprised what people will put in their orifices or someone else’s- everything you can think of, and some you never imagined
Most often what brought them to seek medical attention was not being able to get the object back out

If it was me, and in a situation as AH described, one of my top reasons for seeking medical attention would be why couldn’t I tell one way or the other if I was being penetrated vaginally with anything, liquor bottle or otherwise
I don’t know how that information could not be known to her, regardless of how a dark a room was, what position she was in, what her eyes could or could not see, etc

It’s possible my life is too simple;)

My thoughts/experiences

Re: AH’s statement that she couldn’t tell if she was penetrated vaginally with a liquor bottle or not - she felt pressure on her pubic bone - and if she was penetrated with a liquor bottle, she doesn’t know if was broken or not
Still to this day…

I was a nurse in my younger days- you would be surprised what people will put in their orifices or someone else’s- everything you can think of, and some you never imagined
Most often what brought them to seek medical attention was not being able to get the object back out

If it was me, and in a situation as AH described, one of my top reasons for seeking medical attention would be why couldn’t I tell one way or the other if I was being penetrated vaginally with anything, liquor bottle or otherwise
I don’t know how that information could not be known to her, regardless of how a dark a room was, what position she was in, what her eyes could or could not see, etc

My thoughts/experiences
I don’t think your life is too simple and I thank you for sharing your experience as a nurse. Some people’s lives are filled with WAY too much drama, as we’ve been learning these last few weeks :rolleyes:

IKR.
She tells Camille that if she had wanted to set up JD by using the press, she would have done it bigger and better...

Camille replies : " I thought you testified you don't know how to do any of that ?"

Amber replies " I DON'T"

that^^^makes no sense, once again.

You have to be extremely quick to respond to anything AH tries to get on record. I think Camille did really well with her. It crossed my mind that she likely watched every bit of the UK trial to prepare for what she was going up against.

Anyone see any credible info as to whether either of them will be present for the verdict?

Still to this day…

My thoughts/experiences
It's true, and I think JD's attorneys hammered home that JD's version of Australia and his finger is the right one. If you believe him about how his finger was injured, then you won't believe she was assaulted with a bottle. For me, they made it convincing that he did not get his finger injury by smashing a phone to smithereens, as AH said. And I don't believe it happened and then he sat around for hours until he messaged his doctor, either, which is AH's version of events.

I only watched the last part of the trial, so if this has been discussed, please forgive. The video below appeared in the youtube sidebar as I was watching another one, and I was immediately intrigued. It's 11 minutes long. From what I understood, this was a huge mis-step and Judge Azcarate was really steamed. Can anyone elaborate or give more detail?

IIRC They kept her on contract but can't use her. I think.
Yes, her Entertainment Expert, when being cross examined was asked “ Now you said that L’Oréal could no long use the work that AH had done for them because people would write negative things..”

And she interrupted and said “ Not people, the Depp fan base “!

I remember thinking well, they are people too.
JMO

Yes, her Entertainment Expert, when being cross examined was asked “ Now you said that L’Oréal could no long use the work that AH had done for them because people would write negative things..”

And she interrupted and said “ Not people, the Depp fan base “!

I remember thinking well, they are people too.
JMO
Oh, yeah, the lady I was supposed to go back and watch. I forgot about her. Thanks!

Jessica Kovacevic, right?

Last edited:
It's true, and I think JD's attorneys hammered home that JD's version of Australia and his finger is the right one. If you believe him about how his finger was injured, then you won't believe she was assaulted with a bottle. For me, they made it convincing that he did not get his finger injury by smashing a phone to smithereens, as AH said. And I don't believe it happened and then he sat around for hours until he messaged his doctor, either, which is AH's version of events.
Yes !!! Agree!!! This ^^^^^^

Yes. I certainly reads that way that ACLU was not acting as an independent agent in this respect but was manipulating the publicity that would accompany Amber in the opening of Aquaman, and with Aquaman's publicity being used without their knowledge to promote Amber's false claim by ACLU.

So really Amber was using Aquaman's publicity to link her to claim of SA by Depp.

Depp is well rid of this awful person.
I think that to become the ambassador, she had to have, or felt she had to have, a sexual violence story. I think she was pretending she had one, but she was forced to fabricate one when JD filed this case.

<snip>

also, a couple of the most prominent of these eminences have seemed to me, as if they might in fact be getting some kickbacks from AH to espouse these thoughts.
I doubt she is rich enough to pay kickbacks to people for much of anything. Especially as her main source of revenue, the gravy train with JD, was derailed due to her own actions.

Jury Instruction on "Preponderance/Greater Weight of the Evidence"

"When used in these instructions, the phrase “the greater weight of the evidence,” also sometimes called the “preponderance of the evidence,” means the evidence which You find more persuasive when evaluated against all of the evidence that has been admitted in the case. The testimony of one witness whom you believe can be the greater weight of the evidence."

To me, this sounds like you can use ONE person's testimony and go off that above other evidence. If you had to pick whose testimony meets that standard for you, who would it be?

Last edited:
Jury Instruction on "Preponderance/Greater Weight of the Evidence"

"When used in these instructions, the phrase “the greater weight of the evidence,” also sometimes called the “preponderance of the evidence,” means the evidence which You find more persuasive when evaluated against all of the evidence that has been admitted in the case. The testimony of one witness whom you believe can be the greater weight of the evidence."

To me, this sounds like you can use ONE person's testimony and go off that. If you had to pick whose testimony meets that standard for you, who would it be?
I think the TMZ guy set the record straight about a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn