VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whaaa? What mountain of evidence?! Was she even at the same trial?!

Her response is bordering on defamatory. She better be tread lightly.

There was a mountain of evidence. Evidence that showed she is a lying liar that lied and an abuser.
I don't think that's quite the mountain she is scaling though.....

That gross text was NEVER sent to her or said to her, at any time. It is not abusive or illegal to say disparaging thoughts about someone to a 3rd party. If he had sent that to her directly it could have been seen as threatening.

I have said some very awful things when venting to a 3rd party back in my dating phase of life. I don't think that is illegal or immoral.

Depp was saying these things during the time that she was sneaking other men into his penthouse in the elevator at night while he was out of town. Who doesn't disparage their wife when that is going on?
I’m not fond of that quote myself but he was joking, quoting dialogue from fear and loathing in Las Vegas. He has an odd sense of humor.

She was given a big dose of seroquel ASAP by Dr. Kipper and flown out of the country with a big guy ASAP, so I would not have been surprized if she was hazy on the details, but you all have pointed out how frequently she testified to the minutest of details.

That was after she had taken sleeping pills, slept all night and then woken up to bring JD coffee. She wasn't hazy when she told that story on the stand. IMO

She wore the same dress today that she did getting the TRO. I think she thought she had this won.
Are you kidding me?! Same dress?? I've gotta go look....
By god you are right...ugh!
She really doesn't get it does she?
For 6 weeks all she wore were dominate power suits, now her TRO dress.
I am disappointed in her as a human...

She was given a big dose of seroquel ASAP by Dr. Kipper and flown out of the country with a big guy ASAP, so I would not have been surprized if she was hazy on the details, but you all have pointed out how frequently she testified to the minutest of details.

That was after she had taken sleeping pills, slept all night and then woken up to bring JD coffee. She wasn't hazy when she told that story on the stand. IMO

That gross text was NEVER sent to her or said to her, at any time. It is not abusive or illegal to say disparaging thoughts about someone to a 3rd party. If he had sent that to her directly it could have been seen as threatening.

I have said some very awful things when venting to a 3rd party back in my dating phase of life. I don't think that is illegal or immoral.

Depp was saying these things during the time that she was sneaking other men into his penthouse in the elevator at night while he was out of town. Who doesn't disparage their wife when that is going on?
I’m not fond of that quote myself but he was joking, quoting dialogue from fear and loathing in Las Vegas. He has an odd sense of humor.

GROAN! How embarrassing for the jury. They got sent back to jury room to award damages. It appears jury assessed liability but thought they didn't need to assess dollar amount. Probably means jury didn't want either party to benefit monetarily. Sooooooo. Is jury writing down $1.00 on the verdict form right now?
weird

Seroquel will typically not knock you out for more than 24 hours. It can vary depending on weight and tolerance but it’s off label as a sleep aid. Regardless what country you are in or how sleepy you are you are going to want to get to a hospital asap.

That point alone made her not credible. Combine no evidence with all the other lies and you have no case. I don’t understand how her attorneys went forward without any evidence of SA.

The only person Amber ever accused of domestic violence is Johnny Depp. Any future reference to being a survivor would again implicate Johnny Depp, and we would have a whole new trial, possibly. She has to zip it, no book for her, no tell-all. Any reference to her being abused will be again attributed to Johnny Depp as the perpetrator, IMO!!

Also, her statement is still blaming him and accusing him, IMO
She has created quite a situation for herself. Any future statements she makes about being a victim of sexual violence or a victim of domestic violence she is going to have to clarify names. And that name cannot be Johnny Depp, or she's going to find herself on the receiving end of another $15 million dollar judgement. If not more. She would be wise to just zip it at this point, but she can't even do that. Even now, after the verdict, she is doubling down as a victim of Johnny Depp's sexual and domestic violence. Continuing the defamation. Which has just been disproved by a jury. Yet she continues.

Don't her lawyers have an obligation to tell her she is opening herself to further lawsuits if she continues to persist in defamatory behavior? Or does she not care? Or is she just not bright enough to understand legal jeopardy? From her statement today after the verdict, she's just using a shovel to dig herself deeper into the hole.

Not only that, does she not recognize that people are not going to want to work with her? Who is she going to accuse next? A movie studio? A fellow actor? Who is even going to want to be alone in an office with her? Or work on a movie set with her? Anyone with an ounce of self preservation is going to stay 100 yards away from her. Does she have no one telling her the reality of her situation or does she just not listen? IMO

She wore the same dress today that she did getting the TRO. I think she thought she had this won.

She wore it for the UK trial too. Her Instagram caption said something like "Sometimes it's good to wear the same dress twice"

Excellent post!!

"...do you think people learned today that DV happens to men too”, the correspondent said “I think what people should learn from today is that you don’t lie."

"terrible witness,
she’s not credible
she is conniving."

"Every outfit was strategic, including the hair."

In a word ‘Liar’ right?!

I honestly wouldn't be at all suprised for him to say he doesn't want her money.
He got what he came for,his good name and his life back.
I don't think he would want to cause any hardship for her daughter.
I'm not sure if he can refuse to collect or indeed just waive any claim legally though?
The jury spoke and held her accountable. She shouldn't get off the hook. If he doesn't want her money he can donate it to a good charity. jmo.

don't the OpEds usually have a disclaimer that the opinion is the author's, not the publication's?

It's not as easy to discern what is opinion and fact in online media. I don't know the year of the study referenced below below but I'd guess newspaper subscribers numbers have dropped even more since then.

The study, titled Americans and the News Media: What they do — and don’t — understand about each other, found that 75% of the general public said it was “very” or “somewhat” easy to distinguish news articles from opinion pieces in the news outlet they rely on most often. But only 43% said they could easily tell the difference on Twitter or Facebook.

Those who subscribe to a newspaper seem more knowledgeable than nonsubscribers: The study reported that 70% of subscribers to local papers said they could easily tell the difference between news and opinion, while fewer than half (49%) of nonsubscribers said they were able to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe