VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there are a few actual bruise pictures-arm and eye and the video of JD with the cabinets and her racks of clothing all knocked down and the messages written in blood on the mirror and walls in AUS. It seems that what was found not believable was AH's own narrative testimony IMO.

Correct but that isn’t the same as verifiable evidence, medical documentation is. This would be a far different case if she had medical documentation. Johnny would be prosecuted.

I wonder if her counsel genuinely believed her. Perhaps they thought that she had a good chance of winning considering she won the 2 previous trials. They proved to be inferior on many points but they also had the disadvantage of representing a stealth liar.

Im not sure why they thought they could get very far without ANY proof of SA. That is standard and customary in litigation. Any ideas/thoughts on why they went forward without any?
BBM.
Operative words. Stealth liar. You nailed it.
MOO.

does anyone think she will make some kind of First Amendment appeal? Or will she go away to raise her daughter?

No chance! The liar had her chance on the stand, in a public trial no less...to speak. She did so for 4 plus days. And she chose to lie. No one silenced her speech. She lied...and got caught

She recently posted that?!? It’s aloof and conniving, like game playing.
She made the mistake of playing the he said/she said game thinking the playing field was level and it was a game of 50/50. What she failed to understand was that credibility and evidence would be the deciding factors and that she has neither. She started the game without the pieces required to win.

I always wonder in situations like this if lawyers are honest with their clients or if they just play along for the $$$. After discovery wrapped up Heard's lawyers had to have known the battle was all but lost. Did they tell her that, I wonder? IMO

I agree with you there. She kind of made herself radioactive for now.
yes she is toxic right this minute...time changes things and no matter what you say about her she is beautiful and will get the attention of men...she may even meet some that have not followed her career or the last years. I think it will be important for her to be seen with attractive A List men. Time will tell.

The jury spoke and held her accountable. She shouldn't get off the hook. If he doesn't want her money he can donate it to a good charity. jmo.
I am wondering if AH's attys will ask that the award be lowered or eliminated. Since the jury initially tried to decide the case with no monetary awards, it makes them seem less deliberate. Also, there were no questions incident to the awards as with the defamation charges so it makes them seem less substantiated. No idea what VA precedent is for that but I bet EB does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024