VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am secretly hoping that JD files an appeal for the 2 mil judgement .. just to shut her up. :rolleyes:

That would be a great comeback but I think he wants to be completely done with her. When he got into the car to leave court on the final day he said to a reporter ‘something tells me I will be seeing you again’. He knows firsthand the lengths she will go.

Dior has made a super smart bargain, they paid him less than $20M for original deal (I saw every 3 seconds at one point).

at I believe $160/bottle, that’s some serious change.

I also imagine part of the reason he spoke so confidently on Disney being happy to continue reeling in their cut of Jack Sparrow merchandise, is because his agent negotiated a cut of merchandise sales to him as well.
If Johnny gets money from Jack Sparrow Merch, I will buy that from Disney. How can we know for sure?

ETA -- the Pirates merch in their online store SUCKS. Nothing with Johnny on it, so............

WOW! Demonizing the jury? Really, Elaine? VERY poor form. I've watched and followed many trials in my long life and do not remember a case where the opposing counsel ripped the jury like Elaine did this morning. o_O

There's an argument that could be made that Elaine is suffering from a form of Stockholm Syndrome. IMO

Same! I don’t recall hearing any officers of the court ever lodging a low blow onto the jury. It’s unethical.

It could be SS. She is risking her career & reputation for Amber. That’s not normal, it makes no sense.

Why are they meeting?
The Judge set the date of June 24th for "Entry of an Order".

Ben Chew will draft the Order and send it to A.H.'s attorneys for any objections in wording of the Order.

The payment schedule may be discussed that day or not. I don't know yet.

The Judge speaks about June 24th at 5:28.17 of the following Court video:

I was at a Crossroads concert 10 + years ago, and saw Clapton, Beck, BB King along with many other guitar greats.
Must suppress jealousy! Must suppress jealousy! Must suppress jealousy!

If it's the one that PBS filmed and did a huge multi-hour show on, I can only imagine how great it was to be there in person.

I've always been a huge fan of Eric Clapton and admire his dedication to Crossroads.

I do hope Johnny immerses himself in music and art. His fellow band mate, Alice Cooper is also a good ally to help keep himself in check.

(FYI JD has been officially added to the Jeff Beck tour)

Meanwhile, pregnant bar manager Lauren Whittington posed with the star as he touched her baby bump and passed on some parenting wisdom.

She told ITV: 'He noticed I'm pregnant and was asking me how long I have left, then he was giving me some advice on nappies, lack of sleep, and the first few weeks of parenthood, saying it'll be the greatest gift I ever receive and I won't know love like it until I look into her eyes for the first time.

'He was also talking about his kids, who are grown up now, and how magical being a parent is.

'He left about an hour before the verdict and said he had a Zoom call about it, so we wished him luck and thanked him for being so kind, and he thanked us for having him.'

The star's appearance sent social media wild as he shook hands with punters and thanked pub workers before leaving the venue.

So during an appeal, wouldn't it be just a series of legal maneuvers between the court and counsels? How does that work? Who would turn over the decision, theoretically? Does the whole ball of wax go to an appellate court to review the current court's actions, etc? I guess you can all tell I am not a lawyer, lol.

Same! I don’t recall hearing any officers of the court ever lodging a low blow onto the jury. It’s unethical.

It could be SS. She is risking her career & reputation for Amber. That’s not normal, it makes no sense.

I agree. I was just coming to say the same thing.

She is surely flying in the face of having legal action taken against her? It is surely unethical and unprofessional to make such allegations and openly making a mockery of the Judge, the Jury members, and the entire justice system that she works within?

I was feeling so sorry for EB, I felt she was representing a difficult client to the best of her ability in an almost impossible scenario - she looked unwell and a bit tearful sometimes during the trial. Now I'm wondering if she isn't somewhat unstable? I wonder what her law firm partners make of this?

Formally recording the result of a lawsuit that is based upon the determination by the court of the facts and applicable law, and that makes the result effective for purposes of bringing an action to enforce it or to commence an appeal.

The Court of Appeals in Virginia decides whether an "Appeal" has enough merit for them to accept it.

They have the power to decide to accept an "Appeal" and put it on the docket or deny it. As per the below "excerpt",

"If all the judges of the panel agree the petition should not be granted, the order denying the appeal will state the reasons for denial and the case ends."

So, there's no guarantee that an Appeal by A.H.'s lawyers will either be denied or accepted.

Please note:
This is just my opinion and understanding of what I've researched about the Court of Appeals in Virginia. I am not a lawyer.

Links and Excerpts follow:

"Each petition for appeal is referred to one or more judges of the Court of Appeals. A judge may grant the petition based on the record, without oral argument.

"In a pre-trial appeal of a criminal cases, the Commonwealth is permitted to state to a panel of judges the reasons why an appeal should be granted. If all the judges of the panel agree the petition should not be granted, the order denying the appeal will state the reasons for denial and the case ends. If the judge or panel grants the petition for appeal, the case proceeds in the same manner as an appeal of right case."

I agree. I was just coming to say the same thing.

She is surely flying in the face of having legal action taken against her? It is surely unethical and unprofessional to make such allegations and openly making a mockery of the Judge, the Jury members, and the entire justice system that she works within?

I was feeling so sorry for EB, I felt she was representing a difficult client to the best of her ability in an almost impossible scenario - she looked unwell and a bit tearful sometimes during the trial. Now I'm wondering if she isn't somewhat unstable? I wonder what her law firm partners make of this?
I hope this is brought to the judge's attention. I don't know if anything can be done to her, but I sure would like the judge to address it, if she can.

I hope this is brought to the judge's attention. I don't know if anything can be done to her, but I sure would like the judge to address it, if she can.

Indeed. Also openly stating (with no proof) that she has proof of at least 12 incidents where JD was violent to AH but they weren't allowed to be submitted - wow - if this is not COMPLETELY TRUE then she's looking at JD taking action against her personally for saying such things surely?

Indeed. Also openly stating (with no proof) that she has proof of at least 12 incidents where JD was violent to AH but they weren't allowed to be submitted - wow - if this is not COMPLETELY TRUE then she's looking at JD taking action against her personally for saying such things surely?
If she had such proof, then why didn't she take her claims through the criminal courts? I'd suggest the reason would be because her hoax would have been discovered much quicker and her and her friends would've been facing jail time. There wouldn't have been any option to not turn over their phones either.

You can hear for yourself what went on.

There is audio tape out there that AH recorded herself in Australia just after the incident, without the knowledge of all other parties. It proves that AH's testimony is a total act of fiction, but unfortunately it wasn't allowed into evidence.

AH normally took 25 seroquel, the Dr. and nurse were talking about giving her 50-100, but ultimately she only took her usual 25. Ben King ended up flying back with her. They initially discussed sending someone with her who couldn't be manipulated, possibly someone bigger (in case she kicked off again). Let that sink in for a moment. It's important to realize that "glassing" is a serious offense in Australia. If they had not covered for AH to the police, she might have ended up with a lengthy prison sentence. Hence the need to send her back to the US immediately.

She can be heard stomping around in her high heels after claiming her feet were shredded with glass. There is no discussion of any of her claimed injuries. In fact she initially enters the conversation helping to look for Johnny's finger in the trash.

Just go find and listen to all of the secret audio tapes. All you need to know about the dynamics of the relationship are in there and Australia, in particular, is eye-opening.
Thank god for all the audio tapping that was done. This vindicated JD.

She had several different prescriptions and she was mixing them with alcohol every day. 1 - 2 bottles a day, reportedly. In the tapes she also talks about taking Xanax and Ambien. That's not including weed, cocaine, MDMA and mushrooms that are mentioned in nurses notes etc. Basically I wouldn't be surprised if her mixing drugs with alcohol contributed to her aggressive/abusive behaviors. I would even speculate she was more likely the one who often 'changed' when she was heavily intoxicated.
I have one sister who is a jovial drunk and one sister who is a violent drunk. AH sounds like a violent drunk. Then add the drugs...

Johnny's statement after verdict as compared to Amber's was very telling about each of their personalities IMO. He spoke of the experience and his peace and relief at it being at an end. He never once, either directly, or indirectly mentioned his ex wife.

Amber on the other hand, well she skirted dangerously close if not INTO yet more defamation. Her statement was grandiose (like her), overly dramatic (like her) with suggestions of her civil rights being taken from her, this being message to all women not to come forward, blah blah. Most importantly - her statement ONCE again defamed her ex husbands by name in basically the same ways she just lost this case over.

I took JD's as closure and thanks for the support, I can't wait to move forward. I took Amber's as more defamation (because it is) AND a threat. She is not going to shut up, she will continue to defame him and make his life miserable in any way she can. Hers is just another example of how hard she is still suckered onto him. Hers indicates the opposite of moving on. What happened to "I just want to move on"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member