VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not replying to recent post. JD fan forever! Don't know how to start new. You are all great. This is the best site ever.

Why is everyone "giving" Johnny's money away. Why should to it all go to charity? Let him decide. It's none of our business.
The money is already spent...on professional work lost, a drop in the bucket, and on lawyers' fees to protect himself from her defamation. Too bad about the 350K cap on punitive damages.

I was talking to my cousin today and she said her daughter brought up that text as showing how disturbed JD was.

My cousin reminded me that we used to describe the many ways we would 'disable' our cheating ex's if we could. Like thinking of ways to set their crotch on fire with gasoline and a BBQ lighter. We discussed various methods in flowery, vulgar terms and laughed about it.

We were VENTING. I don't think that makes us troubled or disturbed. We were hurt and traumatised by their cheating ways and the betrayal so we said the most shocking things we could imagine about what we would like to do in response. Lighting a cheating boyfriend's crotch on fire sounds very vicious but it is a joke and also a way to release pain and anger.

I think JD was doing the same thing by joking about what to do with his cheating wife's corpse. It is not unusual for someone to vent that way during a contentious divorce. JMO
I bet the very people who say JD's texts prove he is "disturbed" are deleting their venting texts as we speak. I'm really over people trying to act like they are beyond reproach and would be saints and speak Bible verses after what Amber did to him happens to them.

By the way, she's also telling people she "won" the UK case in another Carly Simon Song moment. That case was not even about her and she was not the defendant.
Just like she kept saying during the trial she left Johnny....um no, he told you he was getting a divorce and he left you, Amber. It was not the other way around!

I bet the very people who say JD's texts prove he is "disturbed" are deleting their venting texts as we speak. I'm really over people trying to act like they are beyond reproach and would be saints and speak Bible verses after what Amber did to him happens to them.
I know one thing. I wont be turning over my phone either.

Wow! I generally don't really care for Judge Jenine, but she got this right, for sure.
Dear @Recidivist,

I fully agree with you on this. Well-said!

All I know of Judge Jeanine is that she has worked for decades for domestic violence victims. So, to me, she also brings this wealth of knowledge and experience to her response in the video.

Judge Jeanine covered this in an excellent manner.

Many (if not all) of us agree that what A.H. did was detrimental to all women who genuinely suffer domestic violence.

Last edited:
Thank you. I thought maybe there was a "special" JD alpaca stuffy.

I might just opt for a JD quote coffee mug so I can smile every morning ;)
I'd want some of this stuff....but.....if it isn't merchandise from Johnny or going to a charity, I'm leery of paying money for stuff people created just to profit off JD.

During a three-month investigation Baresi interviewed 100 people across the US and Europe who worked with Depp on films dating back 30 years.

Yet when Baresi couldn't find any dirt he was fired by the Heard.

From some of Depp's closest friends he learned the A-lister was surrounded by so-called pals who leeched off him financially and emotionally.

Baresi told MailOnline: 'When Amber hired me she wanted proof that Johnny was a serial abuser for women and I couldn't find that.

'I couldn't find another women who said Johnny abused them.

Baresi said he interviewed more than a dozen people whose rent, medical bills, house payments, car payments and even bail and even legal fees were paid by Johnny.

He said: 'Johnny was besieged by people who ingratiated themselves into his domain.
Once they were there, they'd scratch his back with one hand while the other took in the feed.'

'All of the people around him have been on the take for so many years.

'They feel comfortable with taking things from him. He's a very passive guy.

He added: 'Even Amber in some respects was an opportunist on par with everyone else.

'She obviously knew his power in Hollywood and she seized upon that power in the hopes of furthering her career.

Does anyone know the time limit to pay the damages each side has been levied by the jury verdict?

I read or heard something yesterday about it being tied to the appeal. Something to the effect that the appealing party has to pay damages before the appeal can be filed. I’m totally going off of compromised memory with the barrage of info I’m processing. If that is correct I think she would have to pay her damages before an appeal. I hope it applies.

She said she didn’t fulfill her charity commitment because Johnny sued her. She ‘pledged’ to that charity several months before the suit was filed. There will be more concocted lies as to why she can’t pay Johnnys damages.

OK, that's pretty cute, Sharon...

Speaking of his true character, Sharon – who spent the evening with Johnny at London's Royal Albert Hall on Tuesday - revealed: "He is a gentle soul. I can tell you last night, he spent about 45 minutes in his dressing room on his knees, talking to this little girl that was reading her diary to him.

"Now, I don't know many guys that would sit back and do that. There weren't any cameras around, there were no film crews. He did it because he's a gentle soul."

She added: "He wanted this little girl to read the diary for him and she did. She must have been all of eight years of age.

"And the thing is, he is a gentle soul, but we know what alcohol and drugs do when you mix them together, they change you. Sometimes, I suppose, he lost his rag, but as a human being he's a good human being."

Wow. In the full interview Elaine says one of the very first things Amber said post-verdict was “I am so sorry to all these women” implying that she felt she let all these other women down. Elaine really doubled down during this interview, going so far as to say that so much of the evidence was surprised and Depp had the “celebrity status” (though she would not go as far to say that Depp had more celebrity status that Amber as that would undermine many of her arguments made in Court…) that affected the jury and their verdict. She also thinks “how could you not?” avoid the media and social media and the news of the jury, especially when they had that several days long break during the trial.

She closes with mentioning Amber’s next step is appeal. I would think not, but seeing her try and double down on all of this today makes me wonder if there was any contingency on winning? It’s one thing to make these arguments in court, but to double down on many of the same arguments after the verdict is rendered on national media no less, tbat seems like a poor choice that I don’t know why EB would make otherwise. JMOO.
WOW! Demonizing the jury? Really, Elaine? VERY poor form. I've watched and followed many trials in my long life and do not remember a case where the opposing counsel ripped the jury like Elaine did this morning. o_O

There's an argument that could be made that Elaine is suffering from a form of Stockholm Syndrome. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member