VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s offensive to me that AH and her attorney(s), have added the jury to their list of people who have done AH wrong

"I, [Amber Heard], believe Johnny's attorneys succeeded in getting the jury to overlook the key issue of Freedom of Speech and ignore evidence…”

Amber Heard’s attorney, [Elaine Bredehoft], said "lopsided" social media chatter and posts about the Johnny Depp defamation trial "influenced" the verdict and turned the courtroom into a "zoo."

Amber Heard posts statement minutes after verdict announced in defamation case: "The disappointment I feel today is beyond words" - CBS News
Amber Heard posts statement minutes after verdict announced in defamation case: "The disappointment I feel today is beyond words"

Amber Heard's lawyer says 'lopsided' social media frenzy influenced jury, actor can't pay over $10M in damages
Amber Heard's lawyer says 'lopsided' social media frenzy influenced jury, actor can't pay over $10M in damages

My view/thoughts
Agreed. I find it disgusting they are saying the jury 'demonized' AH. Finding who to blame is exactly what they were there for.

demonize verb

de·mon·ize | \ ˈdē-mə-ˌnīz
\
demonized; demonizing; demonizes

Definition of demonize

transitive verb

: to portray (someone or something) as evil or as worthy of contempt or blame : vilify

Prior to this trial I really was not familiar with the marriage of Depp and Heard. I just googled some information and I came away with the understanding they had a long term relationship before they married. They really seemed in love and had nothing but wonderful things to say about each other- I am left wondering how what seemed to be a wonderful love devolved into such ugliness- it is truly shocking. I believe Depp was totally smitten with her and I tend to think she was the one who really screwed this up- it is just really a sad thing. Does anyone have more in-depth information as to how this once loving relationship, devolved into the relationship from hell.

I recall JD stating while on the stand that both of them had trust issues. Which in Hollywood..is an understood issue. Each of them had spent time away from the other while shooting films. Trust faded in their marriage, along with the perceived insecurities of AH, " Don't leave me" 'You can't leave". These all built to a crescendo, with each of them having their own preferred method of coping. JD's was drugs/alcohol and withdrawing from a situation. AH's was the manifestation of drugs/alcohol and personality disorder rantings and abuse.

I would like to know in which recordings it was known by one or both parties that the situation was being recorded, and I'd like to know which party knew and which party did not know, if only one of them were aware. It can kind of put a different slant on things that were happening and what was being said, if one knew the recording was taking place. I notice AH gets very loud, demanding, and won't allow JD to even speak, while other times, she is so muted she can't be heard.. and I notice also she seems to be trying, still, in the middle of a fight, to beguile JD, using her lures to try to continue fishing him in to keep on keeping on with her and the status quo. imo.
Johnny has said it was his idea as a therapy tool - presumably, as many have guessed, because the lying liar who lies would continually tell him ‘I never, never said that’; as she in fact did multiple times contradict herself on the stand.

He has also said that he would always tell her when he was taping; she did not return the favor.

So I think with this information I provide, you have amply deduced why she is whispering and when.

I heard on one of the law sites that if she appeals, she has to post bond for the entire amount owed to him, plus ongoing interest throughout the appeal process. Also heard a couple of other things, that maybe the jury decided that one thing she won, to placate some juror and at the same time making an appeal less likely as she did win something, it wasn't a shut out decision.

Also heard some of the tube lawyers wondering if he has to pay her the $2M soon, to avoid non paying problems on his part. But does he pay if there is an ongoing appeal? They think it's the case that she owes him 10.3M, and he owes her 2M, each debt is separate. But yes, in effect he ends up with just 8.3M when a balance is taken.

I'm just presenting this as what I heard on Lawtube, or lawbytes. Just lawyers kind of chewing their cud so to speak.

Last edited:
Prior to this trial I really was not familiar with the marriage of Depp and Heard. I just googled some information and I came away with the understanding they had a long term relationship before they married. They really seemed in love and had nothing but wonderful things to say about each other- I am left wondering how what seemed to be a wonderful love devolved into such ugliness- it is truly shocking. I believe Depp was totally smitten with her and I tend to think she was the one who really screwed this up- it is just really a sad thing. Does anyone have more in-depth information as to how this once loving relationship, devolved into the relationship from hell.
AH wouldn't involve herself with a prenup and then a postnup was brought up in Australia and that's when AH lost it. He states this in his depo.

AH wouldn't involve herself with a prenup and then a postnup was brought up in Australia and that's when AH lost it. He states this in his depo.

It seems that ultimately, it was all about the $$$$$ for her. Not spurned love, or an affair, or anything else. And it STILL is.

Pre-nup
Post-nup

Massive defamation lawsuit for $50 million

Appeal of $$$ damages levied

What do they all have in common?

"They really seemed in love and had nothing but wonderful things to say about each other"

I also think she should have realized that honey is sweeter than vinegar and she would have come out much better in the divorce if she had been more civil and accommodating, and less confrontational and flammable.

I don’t think AH has ever had a very long term relationship. Maybe she just gets easily bored with people, and soon starts finding fault with everything they do. Nothing can satisfy her need for narcissistic supply for long, nothings ever enough. They suck you dry then want more.

Agreed. I find it disgusting they are saying the jury 'demonized' AH. Finding who to blame is exactly what they were there for.

demonize verb

de·mon·ize | \ ˈdē-mə-ˌnīz
\
demonized; demonizing; demonizes

Definition of demonize

transitive verb

: to portray (someone or something) as evil or as worthy of contempt or blame : vilify

I hope the judge reads that out loud to her attorneys in their appeal.

Now she's defaming the jury. Will the judge be next?

Is there somewhere we can see what was not allowed at this trial?
No you cannot; for the simple reason that, well, evidence not allowed in the trial was (a), deemed inadmissible; (b), not entered into evidence, which means it truly remains "secret".

Of course, we don't know why all the evidence was suppressed; most of it may have been suppressed because Amber Heard tampered with the metadata.

And yes, her counsel absolutely knows that when she is calling "evidence not allowed", could have been "evidence disallowed because it is rotten to the core"; and not because there is anything suspicious about the rationale behind it; and I'm pretty sure she has to have told Amber Heard this fact honestly. This is just standard nonsensical "losing side" bluster, IME.

You can, however, peruse a line item plaintext statement of Amber's "evidence", because they did file that.

Apologies to anyone whom I've spoken to about this already, but at the risk of stating the obvious, an "evidence list" overstuffed with 1080 items is ludicrous overkill; and if they didn't make it into evidence, we have no choice but to determine that this is because the judge decided it was rotten evidence.

I will say that, if you look at the list, 140 (!) of her putative and inadmissible "evidence" pieces are critical reviews of JD movies; which I have zero problem with Judge P. refusing to admit these because, as anyone with the vaguest knowledge of movie reviews knows, there's literally no way to determine anything about JD vis-a-vis these movies, because he's not the only factor in the movies (I believe her side was trying to say that all of these should count as proof of the devolution and devaluation of him as star. Again, unless we read all 140 of them, nobody has any idea);

And... I'm not a lawyer, but I'm also fairly certain that any time the entries say stuff like (I kid you not): "Amber Heard note to self"; "Amber Heard Diary", that these are WILDLY inadmissible because, well, I don't know what "talking to yourself" is supposed to prove... this isn't a law firm where you're writing memos to the file, lol;

and I've also got questions about multiple smaller blocks of items which seem like they state/represent the same thing, such as 20 photos of her with "bruise on arm", but you guys can be the judge:

I also note, that some of these are clearly items which the Depp side successfully placed into evidence (I can't say which ones for certain, but some of the descriptions sound super familiar for stuff we did in fact see).

That's kind of the point of discovery, although it often gets lost - since they trade items, either side of the case can draw from the contents of it and decide that they will in fact use it.

(And yes, in light of the above I really do wish that when AH had told JD on the one phone conversation, "(they) tell me I have the most evidence of any DV survivor they've ever SEEN!", that he had in fact said "I strongly doubt that, lol"; but, based upon his testimony, he said that he and the entirety of his team, knew and operated under the principle that it was better to placate her "so she wouldn't kick off", regardless of the cost.)

It seems that ultimately, it was all about the $$$$$ for her. Not spurned love, or an affair, or anything else. And it STILL is.

Pre-nup
Post-nup

Massive defamation lawsuit for $50 million

Appeal of $$$ damages levied

What do they all have in common?
Don't forget her extortion attempt in regard to her divorce settlement in return for not filing a restraining order.

Don't forget her extortion attempt in regard to her divorce settlement in return for not filing a restraining order.
And the 15 hours’ worth of unanswered texts she sent him begging him to call her, all but frothing at the virtual mouth and winding up insulting him, the next day when he was so plainly engaged in ‘gray-rocking‘ her…

My take today is that the Jury had to answer yes to the one count for AH regarding the staged destruction of the condo and the 2nd call to police hoax statement could not be proved. They gave her 2 million. They answered yes to all the JD questions. The gave him 15 million. Subtract her judgement from his and that left 13 million for JD. That would give JD his 7 million paid in the divorce to AH and the 6 million for his attorney fees which they may have thought attorney fees may be since AH mentioned that amount in her testimony.

It’s offensive to me that AH and her attorney(s), have added the jury to their list of people who have done AH wrong

"I, [Amber Heard], believe Johnny's attorneys succeeded in getting the jury to overlook the key issue of Freedom of Speech and ignore evidence…”

Amber Heard’s attorney, [Elaine Bredehoft], said "lopsided" social media chatter and posts about the Johnny Depp defamation trial "influenced" the verdict and turned the courtroom into a "zoo."

Amber Heard posts statement minutes after verdict announced in defamation case: "The disappointment I feel today is beyond words" - CBS News
Amber Heard posts statement minutes after verdict announced in defamation case: "The disappointment I feel today is beyond words"

Edited to add:
And after they thanked the jury in their closing arguments
Which is it?

My view/thoughts/sassy self

More remarks about the jury that I can’t stop myself from commenting on

Re: 1st quote
Is AH’s attorney implying that the jury read things on the internet during the trial, in violation of the judges’s orders, and in addition considered and used that information to render their verdict?

Re: 2nd quote
So she’s not implying anything in that quote - she’s flat out saying the reason the jury rendered the verdict they did is because they were “confused”
(aka stupid)

i can’t believe what AH and her attorney(s) are doing, yet they just keep right on doing it out loud and in public, here there and everywhere

(1st)
“During her appearance on Today, Bredehoft also went into detail about how she believes her client was "demonized" during the trial and that internet favor was "absolutely" in Depp's corner. She feels it ultimately affected the outcome of the case.”

(2nd)
"A number of things were allowed in this court that should not have been allowed, and it caused the jury to be confused."

Amber Heard's Attorney Says Actress Can 'Absolutely Not' Pay $10.35 Million to Johnny Depp After Verdict
Amber Heard's Attorney Says Actress Can 'Absolutely Not' Pay $10.35 Million to Johnny Depp After Verdict

My views/thoughts

Assigning the term ‘demonized’ to the jury is not ethical, though more immediately concerning is setting these individuals up for harm. She could be sued for slander! I am shocked that she is implicating the jurors and in doing so she is attacking the entire court system.

Now that I know she represented AH in her previous cases I don’t feel the same sympathy for her. She knew what she was dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member