VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On December 21, 2021, Respondents’ counsel sent Mr. Depp’s counsel a letter requesting reimbursement for the $85,156.59 in fees and $1096.67 in costs now requested in Respondents’ Motion. Id. at ¶ 6; NYSCEF No. 99 at 5. The $85,156.59 of fees requested by Respondents consist of: (a) 38.7 hours billed by a “senior associate” at $799.50/hour (for a total of $30,940.65); (b) 78.60 hours billed by a “junior associate” at $500.20/hour (for a total of $39,315.72); (c) 17.10 hours billed by a “litigation support manager” at $336.20/hour (for a total of $5,749.02); and (d) 31 hours billed by a “litigation support analyst” at $295.2 (for a total of $9,151.20)

(Gulp! Now I see how attorneys fees reach into the millions.)
Yes, this is… excessive, haha.

i have handled document production requests before as a simple legal secretary; and you can be certain that nobody billed for my time, lol.

basically what happens is, the IT department is tasked to run a search (I imagine “Amber” and “Depp” don’t take that much to find); and then some low level grunt (yours truly) prints them all out and looks them over. (They also didn’t bill for IT’s time.)

some attorney might take a couple hours to glance over them after listening to a verbal explanation of mine and - that’s it.

You’re not supposed to be editing what you get as a return of the search; and a discussion about permissible stuff to turn over between team members, should take a day at best.

they could have done it for $5,000, easily, start to finish.

The source says, "Amber is not in a good place and is worried in general and financially speaking."

Heard has announced that she plans to appeal the court's decision, but the source explains that Heard "feels very alone and like she lost a lot of friends. She is sad that people she hoped would support her didn't."
5Gh44e4.jpg

The source says, "Amber is not in a good place and is worried in general and financially speaking."

Heard has announced that she plans to appeal the court's decision, but the source explains that Heard "feels very alone and like she lost a lot of friends. She is sad that people she hoped would support her didn't."

While Heard is "still upset" over the trial's outcome, her main focus is being a mother after the six-week ordeal and staying out of the spotlight, hoping that this will begin to wane over time.

Heard is hoping to get her career back on track, and she is preparing to appeal the verdict set forth by the jury.

Maybe she should have thought about that before she decided to ruin a man's life because he couldn't take her crap anymore!
Staying out of the spotlight? As if she could bear it :rolleyes:

In JD’s first TikTok we can see him typing his statement regarding the Verdict.

Just wanted to share what Joelle Rich tweeted out right after the Verdict.

She was on his Team in the UK trial and has been in Court every day in Virginia as a part of his team here, too.
I attached a photo from the UK trial.

Attachments

• 0D8D8493-0543-4819-8699-9D5405703BFF.jpeg
    0D8D8493-0543-4819-8699-9D5405703BFF.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 23
This is Eve Barlow. She's more than a "friend" of Amber's if you get my meaning. And yes, she inserted herself into the trial, sitting on the front bench which was reserved for AH legal counsel. She misrepresented herself and misrepresented evidence which caused Gina Deuters to be struck as a witness (she showed a photo of a previous UK trial post of Gina's with date cropped out to imply it was about the US trial). She used her phone repeatedly in the courtroom which is against the rules (as she was not part of the legal team) and was permanently banned because of it.

Amber Heard’s friend Eve Barlow says women who ‘hate’ her have ‘low self-esteem’

Hear is the full court transcript of what transpired in the side bar at Fairfax:

I would not trust a single word that woman says. She's basically AH's mouthpiece and scarily obsessed with JD. For some reason, him moving on, him just carry on with his life is an affront to all women. Crazy attracts crazy, in my opinion.

Maybe she should have thought about that before she decided to ruin a man's life because he couldn't take her crap anymore!
Staying out of the spotlight? As if she could bear it :rolleyes:
It must really chap her hide ( as we say in Texas lol) that JD is trending on every platform- and has been since the verdict. Between all of the congratulations on winning in Court he’s receiving, his going on tour with Beck and now his first TT video getting a Million views an hour.

To top it off his mean lady lawyer is trending today for her well earned promotion.

Must be sheer torture.
JMO

I am sure if Amber gave Judy a smile and extended her hand to Judy, Judy would of shook Ambers hand also. Amber was the only one in the court room as far as I can see that did not even clap when Judge Penny was complimenting the court staff for their hard work during the trial.
Neither did the male lawyer sitting next to AH. IIRC

She has been soliciting people to report Judy the court reporter to the licensing agency, for the activities already discussed on this thread.

Angenette Levy of Law and Crime has actually felt compelled to get involved on Twitter, and inviting Judy to appear on the livestream with her, in order to try and combat this.

Eve Barlow and the rest of the Amber Heard coven are beyond Mean Girls - they literally are trying to ruin the stenographer’s career, because she showed up at the Depp hotel after the trial for 10 minutes to collect her steno equipment, and he insisted upon seeing her to give her a hug. (She had to leave the court for some reason; bailiffs needed to lock up, judge even okayed his team taking Judy’s stuff for safekeeping.)

‘Demonic’ might in fact be closer to an assessment of their behavior.
IIRC from a video, Judy left to get her oil changed.

Amber Heard’s fans started a “#CutForAmber” trend and Johnny Depp fans are begging her to condemn it.​

“I went to hospital I was bleeding heavily and they asked me why did you do this? I proudly said for amber #IStandWithAmberHeard #cutforamber,” read one of the many tweets under the #CutForAmber hashtag.

“This is for ANYONE that is considering #CutForAmber as an option. We will facetime you with the alpacas for free in exchange of you not going through with this,” read another tweet that included an image of five adorable alpacas.

Emails can be manipulated so easy. Get an email, set it to forward: change the names, dates and add more info. Unless there are digital forensics I don’t believe it. That’s the only way it can be proven. Johnnys team did call for forensics to debunk what was or wasn’t truthful. That is how he proved her photos and dates were manipulated. Amber refused to give up her digital devices so a good attorney is going to do their due diligence.

What ‘studio’ testimony are you referring to? I’m not familiar with it.

As far as “objecting to her presentation of physical abuse“, there was nothing to back that up. We saw that she deceptively recorded various things to imply domestic abuse. There aren’t any police reports she filed, ER documents or photos of the alleged physical abuse (bottle). If that really happened she would no doubt have evidence, anyone would. A woman is not going to let glass in her vagina just go away on it’s own.

On your last point about “how the jury decided, what exactly they found persuasive or not” We do know what they found, and thats the reason for the verdict. It was unanimous! To imply anything else would be inaccurate.

I’m not sure if you watched the trial, imo anyone, Juror or not would come away with the same conclusion. Her snarky behavior on the stand, combined with the lies, make it near impossible to rule otherwise. It was proven again and again that she was lying under oath. Johnnys presentation spoke for itself. The ONLY person that could say they saw Johnny hitting AH was her sister. Her sister could have filed a report on her behalf, she didn’t.

I don’t see how anyone can be doubtful of the verdict if they watched the trial. I look at it as being 3-fold on her part: her lies, her obnoxious behavior and no evidence to back up what she claimed. The jury witnessed that, it wasn’t Hearsay.
I think I listened to most of the trial testimony- as I have stated before, it is a little choppy as a viewer from outside. What I was trying to express is that abuse is more than flat out physical violence and I think there is evidence of abuse. IMO. The focus on physical aspects which AH invited and which most commenters seem to read as false or outright lying and fraud was not the whole story for me. I did not start watching the trial with a a "side" and I guess the proof for me will be what happens in the future, but I am really unwilling to try to predict what this specific trial means for the whole rest of the world or for the justice system. The cause of action- "defamation"- almost got lost in the sauce. The thing with "stars" is that as much they are just people, their lives are different. They are uniquely able to cover things up and they are uniquely able to attract false claims and fraudsters, so everything is magnified, IMO. If you talk to people who deal with abuse victims, I think you would find that many of them are damaged in various ways and that if you apply the usual tests of truthfulness, consistency, etc., to them, they may not measure up the way some one else would. IMO.

It must really chap her hide ( as we say in Texas lol) that JD is trending on every platform- and has been since the verdict. Between all of the congratulations on winning in Court he’s receiving, his going on tour with Beck and now his first TT video getting a Million views an hour.

To top it off his mean lady lawyer is trending today for her well earned promotion.

Must be sheer torture.
JMO

And that the mean lady was mainly the one who exposed her lies in court, which as a direct result of that became a partner in the firm.

Amber’s lies=Camille’s promotion
Amber‘s lies=Johnny’s landslide victory
Amber’s lies=Amber is a liar

I think I listened to most of the trial testimony- as I have stated before, it is a little choppy as a viewer from outside. What I was trying to express is that abuse is more than flat out physical violence and I think there is evidence of abuse. IMO. The focus on physical aspects which AH invited and which most commenters seem to read as false or outright lying and fraud was not the whole story for me. I did not start watching the trial with a a "side" and I guess the proof for me will be what happens in the future, but I am really unwilling to try to predict what this specific trial means for the whole rest of the world or for the justice system. The cause of action- "defamation"- almost got lost in the sauce. The thing with "stars" is that as much they are just people, their lives are different. They are uniquely able to cover things up and they are uniquely able to attract false claims and fraudsters, so everything is magnified, IMO. If you talk to people who deal with abuse victims, I think you would find that many of them are damaged in various ways and that if you apply the usual tests of truthfulness, consistency, etc., to them, they may not measure up the way some one else would. IMO.
As stated again and again ad nauseum, she didn't accuse him of emotional or financial abuse in her false online op-ed. She accused him of Sexual abuse.

IMO the tik toks about Amber Heard started because her "acting" and story was so ridiculous. The stepped on a bee (insert funny face) wasn't because people were JD fans but because it was comical.

Some papers are reporting people are acting out her alleged abuse and making fun of it. Not really, they are portraying exactly what she said happened - or trying to since its impossible for the abuse to have happened like she testified.

Lots of things go viral - she just gave tik tok so much material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue