VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence has experienced an onslaught of hatred from Depp fans since the high-profile case, especially after expressing they stood with Heard.

In a statement posted to their website, NCADV analyzed the implications the case might have, saying, “What spilled out of the courtroom and into the media, including social media, was an abuser exerting control and manipulating the media and a loyal fan base to attack his victim on his behalf.”

The organization claimed that the non-sequestered jury “could have very well been influenced by the well-paid and highly-targeted smear campaign,” which could have a “chilling effect” on women seeking justice.

(IMHO The elephant in the room is that AH did this to herself.)

The time for her to be vocal is over. She said she wants to be “out of the spotlight and move on.”

Her PR is fervently doing all of this in an attempt to recover her damage and to shift the focus on to Johnny as the bad guy. Continuing with the lies.

The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence has experienced an onslaught of hatred from Depp fans since the high-profile case, especially after expressing they stood with Heard.

In a statement posted to their website, NCADV analyzed the implications the case might have, saying, “What spilled out of the courtroom and into the media, including social media, was an abuser exerting control and manipulating the media and a loyal fan base to attack his victim on his behalf.”

The organization claimed that the non-sequestered jury “could have very well been influenced by the well-paid and highly-targeted smear campaign,” which could have a “chilling effect” on women seeking justice.

(IMHO The elephant in the room is that AH did this to herself.)
I just hate this. We need strong coalitions against DV for all victims. Yet, this is what we get.

I think there are many of us who are not now, nor have ever been, part of the "loyal fan base" who watched the trial and found the verdict to be consistent with the testimony and evidence.

Politicizing important issues and binning people into categories is the death of our society. It makes it impossible to have any real conversation over the issues. Aaarrgh.

JMO.

I can’t believe I missed seeing this post yesterday. This morning I was looking forward to the Depp Team interviews and scouted for any comments about them, and saw your wonderfully written post. I can’t put into words how meaningful it is, an excellent summation of the situation of an abuser vs the abused. I hope this trial opened people’s eyes to how it can work either way, a female being abused by a male or a male being abused by a female. Your explanation is so clear and concise, and I thank you so much! This is why I love Websleuths … so many insightful
I wish the poster would write an article that would be picked up by reputable magazines. It's newsworthy.

They are his notes from the few days he was allowed in court. The inside cover has signatures from lawyers and reporters. He would write as fast as he could until his hand cramped up. And it's a shame he didn't vet the childhood friend better. It tarnished his credibility.

It most definitely did. He lied to his followers, the people who gave him credibility. I wouldn’t be interested in his notes because he had a motive, who knows what he wrote. It’s not like they are the judge or the jurors notes.

I don’t want anyone to be scammed.

I have been following him. When the bids got past $10,000 he wondered if the defense was interested in the book. Today on Twitter, he said he wasn't going to mail it until after the appeal was filed.

Let’s hope Larry is telling the truth… isn’t he one of the people who tried to sell people on the ‘Elaine crying’ story (She hasn’t seemed sorry…)? Then we know he went ahead with the ill advised fake ‘Amber’s childhood friend’… I kind of feel like his inability to vet this faker first, isn’t very professional-lawyer-standards of him….

How was he able to be in the courtroom everyday? He is a young personal injury lawyer, not a reporter. He would have to have AP credentials for daily access.

How was he able to be in the courtroom everyday? He is a young personal injury lawyer, not a reporter. He would have to have AP credentials for daily access.
"The notebook has about 20 pages per day, and covers days 23-26 of the trial". IIRC there were days he tried to get a pass but was denied by the deputies. Wondering the court knew that he was posting videos of himself going over the days testimony/jurors and tweeting about jurors reactions?

Long-in-the-works docuseries Boston George, about drug trafficker and smuggler George Jacob Jung, is set to premiere on streaming service Fandor on July 22.

The five-part series features a decent chunk of interviews with Johnny Depp, who portrayed the late Jung in 2001 film Blow. This will be the first new film or TV content featuring Depp to be released since his lengthy U.S trial against former wife Amber Heard.

He queued up in the daily line for wristbands.

Law and Crime’s Angenette Levy also had to queue up for wristbands, which I remember because once she had tweeted that she couldn’t get any closer than the overflow room with monitors.

"The notebook has about 20 pages per day, and covers days 23-26 of the trial". IIRC there were days he tried to get a pass but was denied by the deputies. Wondering the court knew that he was posting videos of himself going over the days testimony/jurors and tweeting about jurors reactions?
FWIW towards the end of the trial, Chanley Painter was also tweeting juror reactions; which surprised me too, but I guess that means it’s not verboten.

That spoke volumes about his credibility! Vetting someone properly is common sense. Now it’s being said that he planned it that way so he could say he is the one who was able to quickly identify the scam. I unfollowed him that night.

He is reaching far to keep his followers. The trial is how he gained a lot of followers and now that’s it’s over he doesn’t like being out of the spotlight.

I would warn anyone not to participate in anything without knowing all details.
I agree and always have said, people are far too trusting, far too quickly of many a true crime and legal YT’er, and too quick to defend them… I mean, this is basic lawyer vetting a witness: and in fact has a negative-halo-effect on his skills as a lawyer for me. He absolutely should have gotten the photos from the childhood friend ahead of time.
They are his notes from the few days he was allowed in court. The inside cover has signatures from lawyers and reporters. He would write as fast as he could until his hand cramped up. And it's a shame he didn't vet the childhood friend better. It tarnished his credibility.
Yes, that’s the flip side… I do think he meant well, and from what I recall I think he understood a lot of things accurately about the jury. This is a valuable service… I just don’t know if we can trust him to give all the money to charity, and that’s a shame.

People do assume a certain level of automatic probity from lawyers, regardless of their occasional sleazy trial tactics (Elaine, Rottenborn); for example in NYS, you can become a notary public just because you have passed the bar and believe me, it is a new experience to find out that you studied to pass the actual notary exam, while your lawyer who ‘did not need’ to take said exam, clearly doesn’t understand the notary law (!).

It most definitely did. He lied to his followers, the people who gave him credibility. I wouldn’t be interested in his notes because he had a motive, who knows what he wrote. It’s not like they are the judge or the jurors notes.

I don’t want anyone to be scammed.
He’s starting to look like your typical ambulance chaser isn’t he?

As per above article, “Oh, here we go again” …*rolleyes*

Heard’s team says she intends to fulfill the pledge.

I wonder/worry that if JD doesn't accept the settlement from AH if she'll say he feels guilty because he knows he abused her. On the other hand, I don't know if AH will learn a lesson about telling the truth if she isn't made to atone for the lies she told. IMHO

He paid someone $4,000 to hold his spot either the last day of testimony or for closing arguments. The last few days of the trial the line situation was chaotic and ripe for fights breaking out. On the day DUI had paid someone to take his spot the deputies changed the way people line up and split the line, sometimes separating families that had stood in line together. My understanding of the what happened with the DUI guy is the deputies had already split the line, they saw him walk up and before he got in line the person holding his spot had left the line. The others in line were not happy with DUI just walking into the line. The deputies were not putting up with anyone's crap that day and did not allow him to get in line and he lost $4000. From reading tweets from other's in line that day it appears DUI guy might have caused a bit of a scene.
He then went on a rant and insinuated other Lawtubers had had him barred from going into court. This was the immediate days following a disagreement between DUI guy and another Lawtuber. One day when DUI guy was in court he tweeted about being able to see Amber's team laptop screen, he also tweeted descriptions of what the jurors were wearing and I believe what kind of car one drove. The disagreement with the other Lawtuber stemmed from the Tweets and DUI's behavior in the courtroom - showing very visible reactions to testimony which the other Lawtuber felt lacked a degree of professionalism for an attorney in a courtroom. The other Lawtuber sent DUI guy a private message saying she would not be extending invitations to appear on her channel and DUI guy read it during a live show which created a firestorm of his fans trolling the other Lawtuber.

I tried to watch one of his streams one night - he was eating while doing the show.. really sloppy eating and talking with food in his mouth.

He maybe an okay guy but he hurt his own credibility when he tweeted about seeing the laptop screen and the descriptions of the jurors.

IMO and all that jazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member