VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another quote from a AH “ insider “ . And LOL that the movie the article chose to identify AH with is “ Drive Angry “.

The Texas native will only have to pay $10.35 million after the amount was reduceddue to a Virginia law capping punitive damages. Following the verdict, a source revealed to Us Weekly that the Drive Angry actress intended to appeal the decision.

“She is 100 percent appealing on freedom of speech and is telling friends she is determined to take it all the way to the Supreme Court if she has to,” the insider said. “She is not able to comprehend that she lost.”
This whole trial was about freedom of expression/speech and the very fact that libel and slander are not covered by the first amendment. It seems circular to me to say that she is appealing on freedom of speech.
A big "huh?!?" on my part. ("huh" was the polite version).
JMO.

I wonder if it was PR for their law firm? They won one count. I think it was easier to blame everyone else for their loss than to look at their client or at the work they performed. Maybe they thought there is no bad press if it get the firm name out there? I don't know. IMHO
Stockholm syndrome? Desire to get paid?

While we’ve been speculating a lot about the role of the insurance company in paying her bills, I note it looks as if nobody has ascertained if they have to pay them contemporaneously.

Maybe it’s all on a contingency basis, and they haven’t seen a dime in actual money yet.

Another quote from a AH “ insider “ . And LOL that the movie the article chose to identify AH with is “ Drive Angry “.

The Texas native will only have to pay $10.35 million after the amount was reduceddue to a Virginia law capping punitive damages. Following the verdict, a source revealed to Us Weekly that the Drive Angry actress intended to appeal the decision.

“She is 100 percent appealing on freedom of speech and is telling friends she is determined to take it all the way to the Supreme Court if she has to,” the insider said. “She is not able to comprehend that she lost.”
oh, I just realized I forgot to mention… some YouTuber used a section of Drive Angry as their exemplar for her acting ‘career’, and it was a rare kind of Razzie worthy horrible.

So if any of you’ve ever been curious about her acting in front of a camera, don’t go with that one. ;)

Linda Kenney Baden (she/her)
@KenneyBaden· 18h

As a practicing attorney & p/t host of @LawCrimeNetwork #JohnnyDepp #AmberHeard the advice I would give my client is not to walk away from judgment. I'll tell U Y on air tomorrow when I host 12-3pm EDT-has to do w/ her team response to #BenChew #CamilleVasquez #GMA @Angenette5 twitter.com/KenneyBaden/st…

What happened to ‘moving on with her life’?

It’s the same as not moving on with your life for her. Things mean different things to her when it benefits her.

One thing is clear, she isn’t going to go away. I think her PR person is trying to launch an entire new movement that she will be the face of. And I think she will be able to afford an appeal all the way up because ‘the movement’ people are going to pay for it. They get to stand up for ‘a good global cause’ and have a tax break.

The next worse thing that could happen for her is for Johnny to become the face of male domestic abuse. They are working hard for that not to happen. Ughh, it’s awful that she is so hate driven.

Losing is not an option for a narcissist.

Sandler went on to explain that when he got into bed, he noticed that the sheets were tucked in too tightly for his liking, so he attempted to kick them loose while forgetting that his iPhone was on his lap.

He said his actions sent the smartphone flying into the air, before it landed on his face, leaving him with a bloody injury in the early hours of the morning.

"I was bleeding terribly," Sandler said. "I mean, I thought it was pitch black in the room, and I feel wetness and I tricked myself. I go, 'This is probably just thick tears.' ... I didn't want to get up, you know, because I was tired. And I was like, 'Ah, we'll fix that later.'"

"I woke up, it was horrible," he went on. "It was bleeding all over, it was gushing still and there was blood on the bed and all that stuff. So I said, 'I've got to get this fixed.' So I went to the Apple Store."

Depp has amassed more than 10 million followers after joining TikTok on Monday.
And that is with only one video. Clear that some people were only waiting to be told it was ok to like him publicly again...

Ben Chew *is* the human version alpaca

He's very sweet and super healthy looking for his age! Hope I could look that well when I get to sixty... which isn't too far off in the distant future.

I must say the casting for this courtroom drama was totally on point. On the one hand we had JD's character, world weary and jaded but surrounded by a super cute fresh bright sharp team.

On the other hand we had angel faced AH, almost cartoon like, fronting up for a self-righteous 'powerpuff girl' scuffle she felt sure to win, surrounded by a sketchy off-kilter team who couldn't quite hang it together.

It's all been quite surreal in many ways.

IMO JMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member