VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else getting the feeling that someone else ( EM?) is encouraging her behind the scenes to try to re-run the trial in the court of public appearances, and in so doing either humiliate JD or make up lies degrading him, only for their own personal benefit?

There has to be a way to stop her from using the media to violate the oaths that were all taken, and bypass the legal and sincere effort by the judge, the court, and the jurors to allow fair testimony.

Name a media outlet that is supporting this and I will be happy to boycott them.

I don’t think she needs encouragement from anyone to humiliate Johnny. She is solely driven by her own hatred, she has all that she needs within herself. It is substantial, far reaching and it runs very deep.

Can you imagine...

going to the media with a fantastic story of violence and SA,
then being sued for defamation because your story was a full on lie,
then losing in court, the jury agreeing that your evidence is lame, and your testimony is unconvincing,
then going right back to the media, and repeating the very same defamation lies all over again?

These are not the actions of a mentally balanced person.

jmo

Great summary, the definition of Insanity.

I don’t think she needs encouragement from anyone to humiliate Johnny. She is solely driven by her own hatred, she has all that she needs within herself. It is substantial, far reaching and it runs very deep.
Shes trying to antagonize him. She wants him to speak out. She NEEDS to fight. She needs a fix. jmo.

Amber Heard interview

Part 2

Interviewer
: There's a text message where Johnny promises total global humiliation for you. Do you feel like that came true?

Amber: I know he promised it. I testified to this, I'm not a good victim, I get it. I'm not a likeable victim, I'm not a perfect victim, but when I testified I asked the jury just to see me as human and hear his own words, which is a promise to do this, it feels as though he has.

Interviewer: Having been found libel are you nervous, as we are here today, about what you can say now?

Amber: Of course. I took for granted what I assumed was my right to speak.

Interviewer: Do you feel like you could be sued again by him for defamation?

Amber: I'm scared that no matter what I do, no matter what I say or how I say it, every step that I take will present another opportunity for this sort of silencing. Which is what I guess a defamation lawsuit is meant to do. It's meant to take your voice.

Interviewer: Life had seemingly moved on and you decide to write an op-ed. Why did you do that?

Amber: Because the op-ed wasn't about my relationship with Johnny.

Interviewer: But it alluded to him, it was unmistakable.

Amber: You know what the op-ed was about was, you know, me loaning my voice to a bigger cultural conversation that we were having at the time.

Interviewer: Did you worry - gosh I'd love to be a person weighing in on these cultural issues, that that's going to stir this all up again?

Amber: I obviously knew. It was important for me not to make it about him or to do anything like defame him. I had lawyers, teams of lawyers, review all the drafts of this. (lawyers fault...OBVIOUSLY :rolleyes:).

Interviewer: When you wrote this op-ed, it was at the height of metoo. Legions of powerful men being cancelled, losing their jobs. Did you want that to happen to Johnny Depp?

Amber: Of course not, of course not. It wasn't about him.

(Amber is asked about May, 16th and the restraining order).

Amber: This was a hoax according to his team. Why didn't I co-operate with the police? As I've testified before and I will stand by until my dying day, I didn't want to co-operate with them. I didn't want this to be out, I didn't want this to be known. I didn't want to co-operate with them because I didn't want to get him in trouble. If it was a hoax, I could have done that.

Interviewer: But 5 days later you went to court and it came out.

Amber: 5 days later I made the decision to stand up for myself and protect myself. You can't get a restraining order in private, which of course I didn't understand the night when the cops were called.

Interviewer: An employee of TMZ testified at court and said that TMZ was tipped off about when you were going to be going to the courthouse, and what side of your face bruises would be apparent. Did you tip off TMZ?

Amber: I was going to say, he certainly didn't get tipped off by me or anyone I know. Why would they?

Interviewer: You asked no-one to do that?

Amber: As I testified to before, it had nothing to do with me.

Interviewer: There were different instances that you testified to, and the Depp legal team would put up pictures of you, publicaly, right after that, or in the days following and say "why are there no bruises".

Amber: Again, it's that thing if you have bruising, if you have injuries, "it's fake". If you don't have any then you aren't injured.

Interviewer: You had promised to donate 7 million dollars of your divorce settlement to charity. It was revealed at trial that you haven't done so yet, however, they played a tape where you state on the air that you have donated it. Do you think that raised questions as to your credibility with the jury?

Amber: I made a pledge and that pledge is made over time by it's nature and...

Interviewer: You say "I donated". You know that everybody thinks that you've donated it, not that you'd pledged to. So the jurors sitting there, do you think like that was you getting caught in a lie?

Amber: I don't know, because so much of the...I feel like so much of the trial was meant to cast aspersions on who I am as a human. My credibility, to call me a liar in every way you can...

Interviewer: That was the trial. It was a credibility contest, and that was it.

Amber: This is another one of the examples, where if you pull back and you think about it, I shouldn't have to have donated it, in an effort for it to be believed. I shouldn't have to have ear marked the entirety of that in order to have....

Interviewer: You shouldn't have, but once you said you did...

Amber: Right, which is where it was intended to go.

Interviewer: How do see your future now?

Amber: I get to be a mum, like full-time you know, where I'm not having to juggle calls with lawyers.

Interviewer: One day you may want to tell your daughter about this, or have to tell your daughter about everything that you've gone through. What would you want to say?

Amber: I think no matter what, it will mean something. I did the right thing, I did everything I could to stand up for myself and the truth.

Interviewer: On the first day of the trial you issued a statement, and part of the statement said "I still have love for Johnny".

Amber: Yes.

Interviewer: Is that still true?

Interviewer: After everything?

Amber: Absolutely, absolutely. I love him. I loved him with all my heart and I tried the best I could to make a deeply broken relationship work, and I couldn't. I have no bad feelings or ill will towards him at all. I know that might be hard to understand, or it might be really easy to understand. If you've ever loved anyone, it should be easy.
She’s from Texas and calls herself a “mum”.

Is anyone else getting the feeling that someone else ( EM?) is encouraging her behind the scenes to try to re-run the trial in the court of public appearances, and in so doing either humiliate JD or make up lies degrading him, only for their own personal benefit?

There has to be a way to stop her from using the media to violate the oaths that were all taken, and bypass the legal and sincere effort by the judge, the court, and the jurors to allow fair testimony.

Name a media outlet that is supporting this and I will be happy to boycott them.

Oh yes because Elaine AND AH BOTH stressed there was so much information suppressed In court.

I don't get the feeling it's EM, but yes, I understand. The more air time AH gets the better it is for this person, as it affords them an opportunity to stay 'relevant' also.

I think it's quite likely someone who is supposedly close to her, ostensibly a friend/supporter, but - (IMO) - has their own set of similar issues, ie., not willing to take accountability for their own words or engage with anyone who has a differing opinion who might call them out and hold them accountable for their words; holds an inflated, self-assigned view of their own importance; has an outward willingness to cause commotion that in doing so draws attention to themself; is known for goading; has little regard for rules if they believe they are above them; is opportunistic in attaching themselves to something or someone to get/retain exposure; etc. In many respects, the two are quite similar.

You can learn a lot about people and their motives by turning the sound OFF. In other words, watch what they do, not necessarily what they say.

MOO, from where I sit (in the rando balcony).

Can you imagine...

then losing in court, the jury agreeing that your evidence is lame, and your testimony is unconvincing,
then going right back to the media, and repeating the very same defamation lies all over again?

jmo
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

IMO

I don't get the feeling it's EM, but yes, I understand. The more air time AH gets the better it is for this person, as it affords them an opportunity to stay 'relevant' also.

I think it's quite likely someone who is supposedly close to her, ostensibly a friend/supporter, but - (IMO) - has their own set of similar issues, ie., not willing to take accountability for their own words or engage with anyone who has a differing opinion who might call them out and hold them accountable for their words; holds an inflated, self-assigned view of their own importance; has an outward willingness to cause commotion that in doing so draws attention to themself; is known for goading; has little regard for rules if they believe they are above them; is opportunistic in attaching themselves to something or someone to get/retain exposure; etc. In many respects, the two are quite similar.

You can learn a lot about people and their motives by turning the sound OFF. In other words, watch what they do, not necessarily what they say.

MOO, from where I sit (in the rando balcony).

With the sound off it is polarizing!

We are all rando’s in our own rando locations. Especially like Kate Moss, she is a Rando coming out of the woodwork from her lovely UK balcony;)

Going to Johnny’s concert and grandly participating in the Jubilee is synonymous with “Rando coming out of the woodwork“

Him and 2 other actors donated their salary to Heath Ledgers daughter.
I love that JD, Jude Law and Colin Farrell came together to honor their friend and make sure his last movie was completed.

Director Terry Gilliam ( of Monty Python fame and also Fear and Loathing among many other films) had said that several very famous actors asked to be a part of completing Heath’s last film, but he decided that it could only be actors who actually knew and loved Heath.

This is a great synopsis of

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus​

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - Wikipedia

Depp, Farrell, and Law opted to redirect their wages for the role to Ledger's young daughter, Matilda, who had been left out of an old version of Ledger's will,[46] and Gilliam altered the part of the credits saying "A Terry Gilliam film" to "A film from Heath Ledger and friends."[13]

Gilliam also positively recalled people's commitment to Ledger's memory: "Everyone in the cast and everyone in the crew was determined that this film would be finished and everybody worked longer, harder and somehow we got through. It was really [...] people's love for Heath that propelled this thing forward."[58] "All the actors already in the film had to change their schedules, and there wasn't a moment's hesitation. [...] They all said, 'We'll do what's necessary.' It's really a love letter to Heath by everybody involved. He was beloved by so many."[14]

Can you imagine...

jmo
Bam! @Ontario Mom exactly! And lest we forget AH was slapped with 5 million in punitive damages.

Punitive means punishment.

Her punishment, by the jury, for her actions, cost her 5 million!

GMA just had a story on this morning about a juror. Sounds like no one believed Heard’s testimony, her staring at the jury was weird. Her not donating the money to the charities was a fiasco. They found Depp more credible. They believed she was the abuser. As far as the attorneys, they thought Depp’s team was sharp and Heard’s team had sharp elbows.

They’ll probably post a video of this later. The juror was not shown and wanted to remain anonymous. It was just a story about the interview.

Sounds like the jury were seeing what most of us here saw.

“Watching a real life version of Fatal Attraction……”

“Love and Obsessive Hate are synonymous to AH”
Couldn't agree more with this tweet. She will do whatever it takes to get his attention. She doesn't even care if he sues her again. Then she can see him all the time. He just needs to have good security at all times, refuse anything that comes from her, ignore her and keep moving forward. But the more he does that the more her obsession becomes. Its actually warning signs of a bigger problem. A JA problem. Scary crap. This sounds like the beginning of her becoming unhinged. jmo.

Amber Heard interview

Part 2

Interviewer
: There's a text message where Johnny promises total global humiliation for you. Do you feel like that came true?

Amber: I know he promised it. I testified to this, I'm not a good victim, I get it. I'm not a likeable victim, I'm not a perfect victim, but when I testified I asked the jury just to see me as human and hear his own words, which is a promise to do this, it feels as though he has.

Interviewer: Having been found libel are you nervous, as we are here today, about what you can say now?

Amber: Of course. I took for granted what I assumed was my right to speak.

Interviewer: Do you feel like you could be sued again by him for defamation?

Amber: I'm scared that no matter what I do, no matter what I say or how I say it, every step that I take will present another opportunity for this sort of silencing. Which is what I guess a defamation lawsuit is meant to do. It's meant to take your voice.

Interviewer: Life had seemingly moved on and you decide to write an op-ed. Why did you do that?

Amber: Because the op-ed wasn't about my relationship with Johnny.

Interviewer: But it alluded to him, it was unmistakable.

Amber: You know what the op-ed was about was, you know, me loaning my voice to a bigger cultural conversation that we were having at the time.

Interviewer: Did you worry - gosh I'd love to be a person weighing in on these cultural issues, that that's going to stir this all up again?

Amber: I obviously knew. It was important for me not to make it about him or to do anything like defame him. I had lawyers, teams of lawyers, review all the drafts of this. (lawyers fault...OBVIOUSLY :rolleyes:).

Interviewer: When you wrote this op-ed, it was at the height of metoo. Legions of powerful men being cancelled, losing their jobs. Did you want that to happen to Johnny Depp?

Amber: Of course not, of course not. It wasn't about him.

(Amber is asked about May, 16th and the restraining order).

Amber: This was a hoax according to his team. Why didn't I co-operate with the police? As I've testified before and I will stand by until my dying day, I didn't want to co-operate with them. I didn't want this to be out, I didn't want this to be known. I didn't want to co-operate with them because I didn't want to get him in trouble. If it was a hoax, I could have done that.

Interviewer: But 5 days later you went to court and it came out.

Amber: 5 days later I made the decision to stand up for myself and protect myself. You can't get a restraining order in private, which of course I didn't understand the night when the cops were called.

Interviewer: An employee of TMZ testified at court and said that TMZ was tipped off about when you were going to be going to the courthouse, and what side of your face bruises would be apparent. Did you tip off TMZ?

Amber: I was going to say, he certainly didn't get tipped off by me or anyone I know. Why would they?

Interviewer: You asked no-one to do that?

Amber: As I testified to before, it had nothing to do with me.

Interviewer: There were different instances that you testified to, and the Depp legal team would put up pictures of you, publicaly, right after that, or in the days following and say "why are there no bruises".

Amber: Again, it's that thing if you have bruising, if you have injuries, "it's fake". If you don't have any then you aren't injured.

Interviewer: You had promised to donate 7 million dollars of your divorce settlement to charity. It was revealed at trial that you haven't done so yet, however, they played a tape where you state on the air that you have donated it. Do you think that raised questions as to your credibility with the jury?

Amber: I made a pledge and that pledge is made over time by it's nature and...

Interviewer: You say "I donated". You know that everybody thinks that you've donated it, not that you'd pledged to. So the jurors sitting there, do you think like that was you getting caught in a lie?

Amber: I don't know, because so much of the...I feel like so much of the trial was meant to cast aspersions on who I am as a human. My credibility, to call me a liar in every way you can...

Interviewer: That was the trial. It was a credibility contest, and that was it.

Amber: This is another one of the examples, where if you pull back and you think about it, I shouldn't have to have donated it, in an effort for it to be believed. I shouldn't have to have ear marked the entirety of that in order to have....

Interviewer: You shouldn't have, but once you said you did...

Amber: Right, which is where it was intended to go.

Interviewer: How do see your future now?

Amber: I get to be a mum, like full-time you know, where I'm not having to juggle calls with lawyers.

Interviewer: One day you may want to tell your daughter about this, or have to tell your daughter about everything that you've gone through. What would you want to say?

Amber: I think no matter what, it will mean something. I did the right thing, I did everything I could to stand up for myself and the truth.

Interviewer: On the first day of the trial you issued a statement, and part of the statement said "I still have love for Johnny".

Interviewer: Is that still true?

Interviewer: After everything?

Amber: Absolutely, absolutely. I love him. I loved him with all my heart and I tried the best I could to make a deeply broken relationship work, and I couldn't. I have no bad feelings or ill will towards him at all. I know that might be hard to understand, or it might be really easy to understand. If you've ever loved anyone, it should be easy.

Thankyou for this!.

Are any of her thoughts and words ever her own?, like EVER?!.
When she is asked if she will tell her daughter one day her early is basically what Johnny said on the stand. "No matter what happens, I did get here and I did tell the truth and I have spoken up about what I have been carrying on my back for the last 6 years"

It's as though she doesn't know we can see and hear plagiarising the words,thoughts,feelings and opinions of those around her. It's bizarre.

GMA just had a story on this morning about a juror. Sounds like no one believed Heard’s testimony, her staring at the jury was weird. Her not donating the money to the charities was a fiasco. They found Depp more credible. They believed she was the abuser. As far as the attorneys, they thought Depp’s team was sharp and Heard’s team had sharp elbows.

They’ll probably post a video of this later. The juror was not shown and wanted to remain anonymous. It was just a story about the interview.

Sounds like the jury were seeing what most of us here saw.
Here’s the video from GMA about the juror interview…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState