VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still sickened by the testimony that AH put a damn cigarette out on JD's cheek! That is some mafia-like, terrorist-like behavior. MOO Who does that?

And also, the surreptitious recording of JD in an extremely hard to listen to threats of self-harm moment.? Who does that?

You call the suicide hotline 800-273-8255 if someone you (claim to) love is threatening the same. You call 911, or you call a loved one. You just don't record them in their angst to later use against them.

She's extremely twisted in my eyes. And so far from what I have seen in the trial, she is highly capable of defamation which she is accused. I wonder how the jurors feel.

The 'evidence' of JD’s abuse is from years ago. I'm wondering if there has been any contact between the two, except for trials and what relates to that? When they divorced did all of Johnny's abuse of women stop? Has there been anymore reports of him abusing women or any abusive behavior at all?

No, never before or after Amber. And usually they come out of the woodwork after the first abuse claim.

I am still sickened by the testimony that AH put a damn cigarette out on JD's cheek! That is some mafia-like, terrorist-like behavior. MOO Who does that?

And also, the surreptitious recording of JD in an extremely hard to listen to threats of self-harm moment.? Who does that?

You call the suicide hotline 800-273-8255 if someone you (claim to) love is threatening the same. You call 911, or you call a loved one. You just don't record them in their angst to later use against them.

She's extremely twisted in my eyes. And so far from what I have seen in the trial, she is highly capable of defamation which she is accused. I wonder how the jurors feel.

Yeah, the recording is ill-advised and beyond the pale.

I mean, I can absolutely understand someone prone to self-harm and how helpless you may feel in connection to it, as my first love was "a cutter" and I must confess I didn't always know what to do either; but even if this was in the days of cell phones, I wouldn't have recorded him, and that really means she doesn't have much wiggle room IMO.

By the time you reach the level of recording this instance of self-harm, you're looking to score points.

Yeah, the recording is ill-advised and beyond the pale.

I mean, I can absolutely understand someone prone to self-harm and how helpless you may feel in connection to it, as my first love was "a cutter" and I must confess I didn't always know what to do either; but even if this was in the days of cell phones, I wouldn't have recorded him, and that really means she doesn't have much wiggle room IMO.

By the time you reach the level of recording this instance of self-harm, you're looking to score points.
I am shocked she would even think to record such a demoralizing event. I would be calling 911 or at the very least the doctor. Her phone seems to have become a tool she used against JD. I wish he'd done the same. Unless I missed it, the attorney didn't say when or where, or the events leading up to that recording did he?

I am shocked she would even think to record such a demoralizing event. I would be calling 911 or at the very least the doctor. Her phone seems to have become a tool she used against JD. I wish he'd done the same. Unless I missed it, the attorney didn't say when or where, or the events leading up to that recording did he?
He did record her. He admitted on the stand he recorded a lot of their conversations, so after an argument, he could play it back when she disputed something she'd said. He also said that Heard knew he was recording.

Most of the ones we've heard so far, are the ones Depp recorded.

However great my dislike for Heard, he is not innocent in all this.

He did record her. He admitted on the stand he recorded a lot of their conversations, so after an argument, he could play it back when she disputed something she'd said. He also said that Heard knew he was recording.

By my lights we've heard one recording of his.

He certainly didn't record himself smashing up the cabinets; he didn't record himself moaning on the airplane (I mean, I don't know why he would - if you're that far gone you're not interested in remembering to press a record button); and I strongly doubt he would record himself asking her to mutilate him, because it adds nothing to his side of things and I should think anyone would realize that before they pressed the "record" button ("I begged her to cut me and she wouldn't. Does that strike anyone else as fair?")... no, I can't see it, I'm sorry.

The point in his pressing "Record" in any context would clearly be in an effort to catch her in lies; and having done so with that intent, I should think he'd be circumspect in what he himself said.

By my lights we've heard one recording of his.

He certainly didn't record himself smashing up the cabinets; he didn't record himself moaning on the airplane (I mean, I don't know why he would - if you're that far gone you're not interested in remembering to press a record button); and I strongly doubt he would record himself asking her to mutilate him, because it adds nothing to his side of things and I should think anyone would realize that before they pressed the "record" button ("I begged her to cut me and she wouldn't. Does that strike anyone else as fair?")... no, I can't see it, I'm sorry.

The point in his pressing "Record" in any context would clearly be in an effort to catch her in lies; and having done so with that intent, I should think he'd be circumspect in what he himself said.
I get what you're saying. I'm just trying to look at both sides here.

I can't make excuses for the texts and e-mails he sent to friends, because let's face it, they were vile. Yes, I'm sure many of us have had a rant about our partners at one time or another, but to that extent?

I believe he's been on self destruct before he ever met Heard and his actions can't all be attributed to her. It appears he was self-medicating and blaming her for that. Someone who is self-medicating will pretty much find any excuse to continue.

I don't think he hit Heard. I do believe she was physically and emotionally abusive toward him.

I just don't think he's a saint and not all of his actions/reactions can be pinned on Heard. The focus seems to be on the fact that she recorded him, rather than on his behaviour in that video. There could be an explanation, but until I hear a convincing one, I can't ignore it.

Thanks for that info. I didn't realize it was his recordings. I remember his testimony regarding them both recording.
I think it's pretty obvious he's not innocent as far as his drug use, but the complaint isn't about drug use. So far that's what the defense has presented, but I guess we can expect more coming up. It seems to me Mr. R. is using lots of info from the UK proceedings. That's an interesting read, but can't discuss it here, I don't think, and I can't find an article from an approved source. It's all been interesting so far.
Johnny said himself he knew it was over as soon as her article was published. He's just trying now to clear his name and reputation. I really don't understand why she lingered so long if he was abusing her so badly. Which one usually leaves the relationship first? The abuser or the abusee...I really don't know!:(

As those texts were being admitted and read on cross, I got the feeling some of them would be cleared up after cross.

Meanwhile, I bet Rottenborn won’t be getting much rest this weekend. I imagine he is furiously going through stuff as he still has Depp on cross come Monday morning. He’s like a dog with a bone that won’t let go.

I also expect Depp to be be rehabilitated on a lot of this on re-direct.

jmo

Rottenborn is like a dog chasing a parked car!
Priceless. Only one JD for sure.

Thanks for that info. I didn't realize it was his recordings. I remember his testimony regarding them both recording.
I think it's pretty obvious he's not innocent as far as his drug use, but the complaint isn't about drug use. So far that's what the defense has presented, but I guess we can expect more coming up. It seems to me Mr. R. is using lots of info from the UK proceedings. That's an interesting read, but can't discuss it here, I don't think, and I can't find an article from an approved source. It's all been interesting so far.
Johnny said himself he knew it was over as soon as her article was published. He's just trying now to clear his name and reputation. I really don't understand why she lingered so long if he was abusing her so badly. Which one usually leaves the relationship first? The abuser or the abusee...I really don't know!:(
I know they keep harping on about the drug use, but I think they're trying to pick his timeline apart in an effort to discredit him.

From what little I know, I think it's usually the abused who leaves first. The abuser, I believe, struggles to relinquish control over them.

I've been tempted to look up the UK libel case, but I quite like not knowing what's coming next!

However, he told her every time that he was recording her. And she didn't give him the same courtesy.

At this point, I have way more respect for him than I do for her. She hopped aboard the #MeToo bandwagon, in a deceptive, malicious way to get revenge on him. And she was just as abusive, if not more so, than he was, imo.

However, he told her every time that he was recording her. And she didn't give him the same courtesy.

At this point, I have way more respect for him than I do for her. She hopped aboard the #MeToo bandwagon, in a deceptive, malicious way to get revenge on him. And she was just as abusive, if not more so, than he was, imo.

BBM
I believe she threw the bottle that sliced off his finger. IMO he said/wrote he chopped it off to protect her from getting in trouble. Which tells you a great deal about him, his loyalty ,his apathy.
On the contrary …The fact that she will not admit THAT and he keeps admitting the things he,in fact did , is very telling. I’m sure she will try to explain away admitting she hit him….during one of the few times he recorded her.

MOO

This attorney is coming across to me like a used car salesman. I didn't watch to the end of the interview, but I'm wondering if he closed by shouting out his telephone number....

yeah, I’m not paying much attention to many pundits/commentators outside of Chanley Painter on-site, because one thing nobody except the participants has, is the benefit of being able to look at and see the eyes of the jury.

BBM
I believe she threw the bottle that sliced off his finger. IMO he said/wrote he chopped it off to protect her from getting in trouble. Which tells you a great deal about him, his loyalty ,his apathy.
On the contrary …The fact that she will not admit THAT and he keeps admitting the things he,in fact did , is very telling. I’m sure she will try to explain away admitting she hit him….during one of the few times he recorded her.

MOO
With regards to playing a part in their toxic relationship, what has he actually admitted to?

So far, all I've seen is him trying to explain away the digital evidence he's been presented with.

Otherwise, it's a he said, she said, at this point. We haven't heard her testimony yet, so have no clue if she's willing to take any accountability.

In respect to - "one of the few times he recorded her". How do we know how many times he recorded her? Just because we, the public, have only heard approx. 2 hrs. doesn't mean there isn't a whole lot more.

IMO if the tables were turned this would be viewed entirely different.
How so? because I honestly can't see how that argument works in this case. I don't see Heard as a victim and her advocating and claiming to be part of #metoo is abhorrent to me.

However, if this case was clear cut then Depp wouldn't have lost the UK libel suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298