VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question regarding objections here...
I typically follow criminal trials and not so many civil. I am suprised at the talking objections being allowed from EB. I find her to be disrespectful to the judge with the way she is argumentative about the objection even before the judge has a chance to rule on it. Depp's team, for the most part, request to approach as most attorneys do in a trial to further explain the objection out of earshot of the jury. Is this etiquette not required and/or more lax during a civil trial? Or is EB just that awful of a lawyer?

I just saw her glance up and look at the jury for their reaction, while the jury and court hears JD moaning etc. Her puppy dog eyes and sad frown were on display as well. You are not fooling me, AH.

Sorry me again.
so she recorded him groaning (awful)
But none of the yelling, taunting or hitting her??? mmmk

You will notice all her clips in the evidence folders are super short… most under 3 minutes. Of course she’s curated them.

Conversely, JD gave us two clips comprising 5.5 clearly unedited hours, just letting things spool out as they happened with no attempt to edit.

oh, I’m sure she thinks she’s wonderful doing wonderfully, and is pitching fits behind the scenes about why the public and jurors are seeing through her, this same schtick mysteriously worked a treat in the UK…

It would be fascinating to observe her watch the footage of herself, and process!

Maybe it's just me but... to see a young woman dressed like a public school librarian (complete with a sensible hair bun) and then drop F bombs... it just doesn't fit.

I was just going to say .. why does AH look like she just walked out of a library today? Great minds and all of that :D totally different look then she has presented for the last 2 weeks.

I typically follow criminal trials and not so many civil. I am suprised at the talking objections being allowed from EB. I find her to be disrespectful to the judge with the way she is argumentative about the objection even before the judge has a chance to rule on it. Depp's team, for the most part, request to approach as most attorneys do in a trial to further explain the objection out of earshot of the jury. Is this etiquette not required and/or more lax during a civil trial? Or is EB just that awful of a lawyer?

IMO/IME her side is comparatively glaringly unscrupulous.

For example, they've let her PR person run wild for 2 plus days in the courtroom, and tried to defend having a AH girlfriend (either platonic or non- we’re not positive) sitting in the courtroom internet-spying on Plaintiff witnesses and passing notes to AH about it before she got kicked out.

It is not good decorum. Defensive, argumentative, etc.

Sky News

Warning: Graphic details of alleged abuse

Amber Heard is now telling the court about an incident of alleged abuse.

'He kicked me in the back... I fell to the floor'

One of the incidents of alleged violence towards Heard is said to have happened on a private plane flight between Boston and LA, in May 2014. Heard had flown from New York to Boston to meet Depp, and the couple were due to fly to LA together. She now describes the flight.

She starts off as she was waiting in the plane in Boston for Depp to get onto the flight: "I knew in every cell of my body something was wrong... He comes up to me and doesn't say a word to me, but just goes and sits in a different seat across from me."

She goes on: "At some point he's asking me, do I have something to tell him, about what happened yesterday... He wreaks of weed and alcohol... I could anticipate this was a no win situation here, there was no talking him down...

"He's asking me questions and I know to not engage. I'm being polite, but not engaging. Moving slowly. Eventually he went from 'do you have something to tell me' to 'tell me how much you like it, did he slip you the tongue."

During this time, Heard was filming The Adderall Diaries with actor James Franco, and says it was her working relationship with Franco that had upset Depp.

She goes on: "He was being really explicit about my body, saying really disgusting things about how much I liked it. He said 'I know you liked it'. He called me a go-getter, a *advertiser censored*. Also, this was happening in front of his assistants and his security on the plane. I struggle to tell you how embarrassed I was he was saying this all in front of him."

She says he kept asking her: "If I liked it and I was wet. I wasn't looking at him, and he said that was 'proof'." She says Depp accused her "of wanting or deserving it".

Heard says she then moved away from Depp - "very slowly" so as not to "anger" or "trigger" him. She says she moved away from him several times more and Depp was "taunting me, having a laugh, screaming". She says he then slapped her, and that was in full view of one of his friends on the plane.

Heard goes on: "He kicks the swivel chair into my hip" and then asked "What are you going to do?" She says she "just stared at him" as "I wanted to get through to him". She says it felt "like he wasn't seeing me... There was a blackness in his eyes. I wanted him to see me, it didn't even feel like him". She goes on to describe "wanting to penetrate the monster, to find the man she loved inside of that".

She says as she walked away, Depp told her to "hurry up". She says: "My back is turned to him, I feel this boot in my back. He just kicked me in my back. I fell to the floor, and it felt like I was looking at the floor of the plane for a long time." Heard says she couldn't believe what had happened, but there was silence on the plane, "you could hear a pin drop".

Heard becomes emotional as she describes this, and emphasises that she was embarrassed such a thing could happen in front of so many people, but also that "I didn't know what to do about it".

Sky News

A recording of Depp 'moaning'

The court is played some short extracts from a recording Amber Heard says she took on her phone during the flight between Boston and LA in May 2014. She has said she would record things like this as, as often when he was drunk or on drugs Johnny Depp would often not remember his behaviour afterwards.

In the extracts we hear someone moaning and mumbling incoherently. Heard says this is Depp.

oh, I’m sure she thinks she’s wonderful doing wonderfully, and is pitching fits behind the scenes about why the public and jurors are seeing through her, this same schtick mysteriously worked a treat in the UK…

It wasn't public over here, we don't get live streaming or any cameras, we do usually get a twitter feed that updates quite regularly.
We weren't party to any of her nonsense and the press were on the side of Dan Wootten so the reporting was biased in my opinion.

I think she hates that this is public and I also think it's telling that JD wanted it that way. He knows all his faults will be laid bare and he admits to them freely,he also knows what she will say about him and he still wants the world to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member