VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm catching up but I do remember hearing (or rather,reading) in the past Johnny referring to them affectionately that way, cos I rolled my eyes when she said it!.
I also rolled my eyes at the sex drive comment,such an obvious attempt to belittle a man who has been idolised as some kind of sex symbol for so many years . Newsflash, the man is a whole adult older than you not a spritely young buck anymore ;) . That was a low blow,but not unexpected from someone so clearly superficial imo.

Thanks for the confirmation!

I wonder how many of the jury members/gallery immediately thought ‘jeez lady, he’s dealing with you; nobody’s gonna be surprised if he’s short term too depressed for sex’, lol.

I'm bewildered as to why AH mentioned the Kate Moss/stairs incident in both the UK trial and during her testimony in VA knowing the incident didn't happen - and Moss has and does support/defend JD. Why did AH think it would be helpful to twice mention this tidbit of nonsense?? The only reason must be because AH believes the jurors (and the rest of the world) are idiots. AH has insulted us all.

BTW, I admire everyone who can watch even snippets of AH's testimony more than once. I believe the video clips with body language and psychological experts ARE helpful (so please keep sharing and watching!). I tried but gave up, opting instead to watch the meme's and tiktok's (whilst indulging a bowl of raspberry dark chocolate chip ice cream).

jmo
I have found it indeed helps to have someone else in the picture (skeptical lawyer/body language/psych expert), because they absorb the ire I would normally expect to have to fight from screaming at the screen/function as my surrogate.

As for the Kate Moss in particular, I see it as part jealousy; part desperate flailing about to sling mud; and part ‘she just can’t help herself’.

Plus, she’s far too young. She has no contemporaneous memory on these events, unlike those who grew up seeing these stories on People Magazine covers in the checkout line at supermarkets etc.

She doesn’t know they were widely discussed at the time - thank heavens, or else she wouldn’t make these mistakes - and she probably had no idea that JD broke up with KM because Kate was drinking and drugging overmuch. (Not saying they weren’t complicit together; just pointing out how out of control you have to be before Johnny Depp gets alarmed at your habits, lol.)

I'm bewildered as to why AH mentioned the Kate Moss/stairs incident in both the UK trial and during her testimony in VA knowing the incident didn't happen - and Moss has and does support/defend JD. Why did AH think it would be helpful to twice mention this tidbit of nonsense?? The only reason must be because AH believes the jurors (and the rest of the world) are idiots. AH has insulted us all.

BTW, I admire everyone who can watch even snippets of AH's testimony more than once. I believe the video clips with body language and psychological experts ARE helpful (so please keep sharing and watching!). I tried but gave up, opting instead to watch the meme's and tiktok's (whilst indulging a bowl of raspberry dark chocolate chip ice cream).

jmo
Name dropping is her thing, even when testifying before a jury.

Leave Kate alone, she is a whole different league.

I'm catching up but I do remember hearing (or rather,reading) in the past Johnny referring to them affectionately that way, cos I rolled my eyes when she said it!.
I also rolled my eyes at the sex drive comment,such an obvious attempt to belittle a man who has been idolised as some kind of sex symbol for so many years . Newsflash, the man is a whole adult older than you not a spritely young buck anymore ;) . That was a low blow,but not unexpected from someone so clearly superficial imo.
The sex drive comment from AH is one of the many, many comments she's made that shows who she really is. And IMO it normalized JD. When someone is ultra famous like JD I think it's good to normalize him to the jury.

The sex drive comment from AH is one of the many, many comments she's made that shows who she really is. And IMO it normalized JD. When someone is ultra famous like JD I think it's good to normalize him to the jury.
Agreed.

Also, not to get down in the mud with her but… she’s bisexual.

This should not be a deal breaker for her.

AH has insulted us all.
And she is a shame to all victims/ survivors of DV. MOO JMO

I tried but gave up, opting instead to watch the meme's and tiktok's

"My dog stepped on a bee" is my favorite. And her facial expression right after saying it sums up how i feel about her testimony. She's trying too hard to come off as a victim by describing irrelevant events in an overly dramatic way. She is acting and she's terrible at it. MOO JMOO

JMO MOO MO JMO

jmo

The tiktok's .. I am right there with you! I wonder if she's been watching any of those lol

"My dog stepped on a bee" is my favorite. And her facial expression right after saying it sums up how i feel about her testimony. She's trying too hard to come off as a victim by describing irrelevant events in an overly dramatic way. She is acting and she's terrible at it. MOO JMOO

JMO MOO MO JMO
And Johnny’s companion dog is fat, too… whereas hers is a health model, I’m sure…

Can someone post the link for the exhibit list? I keep looking back, but can't seem to find it in them.

Can someone post the link for the exhibit list? I keep looking back, but can't seem to find it in them.

Here are the exhibits already shown

Exhibit lists on on this page. There are several lists on the page

Here are the exhibits already shown

Exhibit lists on on this page. There are several lists on the page

Thanks so much!!!
I was on the Fairfax County website, but couldn't figure out where i Needed to chop it off at and it was loading ridiculously slow

Of note, there are correlations between methadone treatments, opiate addiction and sexual dysfunction (ED in men). And, I'm assuming AH was both insulting JD AND referencing his substance abuse. I don't have links but google will provide info.

I've seen some legal analysists online say that they don't think that JD can win this judgment, however, they think that he knew that going in, that his sole purpose is to get the truth out there.

What truth though? He and Heard are unreliable witnesses.

Are you watching the trial?

ETA .. not meaning that in a snarky way. I was truly curious if you are following the trial or basing your opinion on other things you've seen or read.

Yes, I'm following it. I also followed in daily depth the earlier libel case trial to its (imo) inconclusive conclusion. I'm seeing nothing here in this current defamation trial that has made me change my opinion about either Depp or Heard.

As I said above, I don't believe either one of them can be regarded as reliable witnesses here because both were so deep in 'dysfunction' during their relationship.

I don't understand how anyone can pick a side here.

The only emotion I have is sadness that someone as talented and as gifted as Depp has reduced himself to this.

Yes, I'm following it. I also followed in daily depth the earlier libel case trial to its (imo) inconclusive conclusion. I'm seeing nothing here in this current defamation trial that has made me change my opinion about either Depp or Heard.

As I said above, I don't believe either one of them can be regarded as reliable witnesses here because both were so deep in 'dysfunction' during their relationship.

I don't understand how anyone can pick a side here.

The only emotion I have is sadness that someone as talented and as gifted as Depp has reduced himself to this.
I believe someone can be completely dysfunctional and a drug addicted alcoholic without being an abuser.

No doubt in my mind JD abused drugs. Maybe he even went on benders lasting for days but that is a far cry from beating someone repeatedly.

I also believe you can be completely dysfunctional, a drug addict and alcoholic but still don't deserve to be physically and emotionally abused. I believe AH abused him and despite his lifestyle choices, he didn't deserve it or the loss of his reputation.

JMO MOO MO JMO

I read someone,somewhere,saying that you can tell when she is lying (no,not because her lips are moving :p) because she talks and talks,so many details, but when she is recounting an actual truth she is short and to the point and I think this is very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220