VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When she is on the stand, will Depp’s counsel ask her who she meant in the article? And will they ask her who else abused her, if she didn’t mean Johnny Depp? That should really put her in the proverbial ”poop”

Frightening indeed. The lack of objectivity as far as JD's long time, long documented, out-of-control addiction to numerous substances and history of violence while on those substances is being downplayed to an egregious level by fans/supporters of Depp, in order to rip AH to shreds.

Bottom line, AH is not responsible for what JD is accusing her of ie. the ruination of his career. He is entirely the master of his own downfall. This trial is nothing but another example of Depp still deep in denial and refusing to take responsibility for his own actions.

I think they're both seriously screwed up people, both coming across really badly in this trial. I believe they were both physically violent towards each other.
The main issue of the court case is that AH has made claims of violent SA and it has defamed JD, drug use in the entertainment industry has been accepted worldwide, you only need to look at the money made in the music industry from rappers and R&B artists that involve themselves in the drug scene. SA is frowned upon in a big way and rightfully so, everyone dissociates themselves from these people, nobody wants to be renown worldwide for being a so called "wifebeater" when it could possibly be and more than likely is false.

There are too many inconsistencies in what AH has told the courts, for one, AH has a martial arts background and was unable to defend herself from a drugged out JD, then you have photo's that don't reveal much and are inconsistent with the stories that AH says. Not trying to take away from the issues of drug addiction, as it also has lifelong implications on people's health.

The jury has a steep hill to climb. My trust is on their ability to eliminate the BS and stick with facts. In the end, Jury may surprise many of us.

BBM I have to agree with you. As has been discussed previously here (based on WS members' experience and otherwise)... jury decisions are always a crap shoot. Ya' just never know what they comprehend during weeks of trial.

No idea, sorry; but here's the original complaint from Depp's side (a relatively slim 34 pages, lol):

The court record doesn't show any updates indicating the judge has weighed in yet, and all we know other than that Attorney Vasquez said in her opening statement they hadn't received anything new by commencement of trial, your guess is as good as mine right now.

Thank you! One of the YT attorneys (previously mentioned in an earlier thread by another WS member) just posted a video in which she gives her answers to various questions related to this trial - which includes the metadata issue. I wish I could link as it was very helpful. imo

The main issue of the court case is that AH has made claims of violent SA and it has defamed JD, drug use in the entertainment industry has been accepted worldwide, you only need to look at the money made in the music industry from rappers and R&B artists that involve themselves in the drug scene. SA is frowned upon in a big way and rightfully so, everyone dissociates themselves from these people, nobody wants to be renown worldwide for being a so called "wifebeater" when it could possibly be and more than likely is false.

There are too many inconsistencies in what AH has told the courts, for one, AH has a martial arts background and was unable to defend herself from a drugged out JD, then you have photo's that don't reveal much and are inconsistent with the stories that AH says. Not trying to take away from the issues of drug addiction, as it also has lifelong implications on people's health.
As per the court website, her last discovery dump has in fact got 4 pictures of him napping in different outfits, chairs, and locales; which may be (in fact i think are) the only photos of him which were included to accompany Thursday's testimony.

Not that I think or expect her to take a photo in the middle of him allegedly punching her; but I'm at a loss to see what her attorneys think the napping pictures are supposed to teach us or add to the evidence.

Johnny Depp advantage amid development in Amber Heard case​

‘They’re going to poke every little hole in her testimony that they can.’
A top entertainment lawyer has spoken out about the advantage Johnny Depp has amid a week-long break in his case against ex-wife Amber Heard.

Speaking to Fox News, Daniel Gutenplan, says the adjournment of the case couldn’t have come at a better time for his legal team as it gives them plenty of time to prepare for the cross-examination of Heard.

Attachments

• 5A4A52F8-FE47-4F39-9E3B-7AF4C57ACF29.jpeg
    5A4A52F8-FE47-4F39-9E3B-7AF4C57ACF29.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 6
I'm still stuck on this picture in evidence (#522) in front of the refrigerator.

https://ffxtrail.blob.core.windows....a Heard/5-5-2022/Def522-CL20192911-050522.pdf

Not only is the bottom monthly planner January 2015, but the monthly planner above it has a notation Dec 22 -28 in the bottom right corner and the days of the week and dates line up with Dec 2014. The notice posted up on the top right of the fridge is dated either 11/24/2014 or 12/24/2014 (in my opinion)

And yet I am supposed to believe this picture is from December 16 or 17 of 2015??! At least 11 months later.

Another oddity is that on the stand, AH's lawyer got her to identify a picture of wine spilled on the floor as being from this Dec 15 incident (exhibit #512). Only problem is that the picture has already previously been submitted as evidence in the UK trial for the May 21st 2016 'incident' when the cops were called. And published in the Daily Mail as such:

Court shown destruction at penthouse after Depp 'threw phone at Heard'

(The Sun did a similar article alleging the same thing, that it was a picture from the UK trial for incident #14 on May 21 2016, NYPost did as well)

How is that possible? How could you mix up those two dates? Obviously the same picture can't be from two different dates months apart.

Coverage of the trial by Law & Crime, timestamp 12:50 AH testifies this is a picture from Dec 15 incident:

I'm still stuck on this picture in evidence (#522) in front of the refrigerator.

https://ffxtrail.blob.core.windows.net/trail/Defendant Amber Laura Heard/5-5-2022/Def522-CL20192911-050522.pdf

Not only is the bottom monthly planner January 2015, but the monthly planner above it has a notation Dec 22 -28 in the bottom right corner and the days of the week and dates line up with Dec 2014. The notice posted up on the top right of the fridge is dated either 11/24/2014 or 12/24/2014 (in my opinion)

And yet I am supposed to believe this picture is from December 16 or 17 of 2015??! At least 11 months later.

Another oddity is that on the stand, AH's lawyer got her to identify a picture of wine spilled on the floor as being from this Dec 15 incident (exhibit #512). Only problem is that the picture has already previously been submitted as evidence in the UK trial for the May 21st 2016 'incident' when the cops were called. And published in the Daily Mail as such:

Court shown destruction at penthouse after Depp 'threw phone at Heard'

(The Sun did a similar article alleging the same thing, that it was a picture from the UK trial for incident #14 on May 21 2016, NYPost did as well)

How is that possible? How could you mix up those two dates? Obviously the same picture can't be from two different dates months apart.

Coverage of the trial by Law & Crime, timestamp 12:50 AH testifies this is a picture from Dec 15 incident:
BBM

The notice you mention is dated 11/14/2014 and it reads :

"Cannabis extract can have dramatic effect on brain cancer, says new research St George's, University of London news"​

You can read it here: Cannabis extract can have dramatic effect on brain cancer, says new research

As per the court website, her last discovery dump has in fact got 4 pictures of him napping in different outfits, chairs, and locales; which may be (in fact i think are) the only photos of him which were included to accompany Thursday's testimony.

Not that I think or expect her to take a photo in the middle of him allegedly punching her; but I'm at a loss to see what her attorneys think the napping pictures are supposed to teach us or add to the evidence.
Exactly, when you're tired you'll fall asleep anywhere and more so at JD's age.

She took those pics to embarrass him. And now she’s showing them to the world.

Behavior of a bully.

Heard appears to be a past mistress at the art of backhanded insults.

The "as I stared at the dirty carpet", is clearly (IMO) intended as a revenge slam at the daily housekeeper who has worked for Depp for 30 years, and who was the one to dime Amber out about the feces on the bed at the penthouse apartment (I really hope the jury doesn't have to be specifically told that a multimillion-dollar movie star has a better crew than to leave him and his several Hollywood Hills homes with palpably dirty carpet; one never knows though, I suppose).

She also slammed his sex drive, when part of the detox trip involved her averring that "Johnny wanted to have sex several times a day, which is SO not like Johnny"; and she called the kids who refused to fall for her evil stepmother act "little weirdos - though only in the best possible way, of course!!" (I saw someone claim that Johnny calls them "weirdos". I was not able to confirm this in my 5-second Internet search, though it does appear that he has indeed called them "kiddos".)

She's a tricky one... many people probably leave conversations with her indeed not being sure in what way they have been insulted, or even "if", but when you slow it down and focus on her, it's IMO obvious.

I'm catching up but I do remember hearing (or rather,reading) in the past Johnny referring to them affectionately that way, cos I rolled my eyes when she said it!.
I also rolled my eyes at the sex drive comment,such an obvious attempt to belittle a man who has been idolised as some kind of sex symbol for so many years . Newsflash, the man is a whole adult older than you not a spritely young buck anymore ;) . That was a low blow,but not unexpected from someone so clearly superficial imo.

I'm bewildered as to why AH mentioned the Kate Moss/stairs incident in both the UK trial and during her testimony in VA knowing the incident didn't happen - and Moss has and does support/defend JD. Why did AH think it would be helpful to twice mention this tidbit of nonsense?? The only reason must be because AH believes the jurors (and the rest of the world) are idiots. AH has insulted us all.

BTW, I admire everyone who can watch even snippets of AH's testimony more than once. I believe the video clips with body language and psychological experts ARE helpful (so please keep sharing and watching!). I tried but gave up, opting instead to watch the meme's and tiktok's (whilst indulging a bowl of raspberry dark chocolate chip ice cream).

jmo

Last edited:
I'm bewildered as to why AH mentioned the Kate Moss/stairs incident in both the UK trial and during her testimony in VA knowing the incident didn't happen - and Moss has and does support/defend JD. Why did AH think it would be helpful to twice mention this tidbit of nonsense?? The only reason must be because AH believes the jurors (and the rest of the world) are idiots. AH has insulted us all.

BTW, I admire everyone who can watch even snippets of AH's testimony more than once. I believe the video clips with body language and psychological experts ARE helpful (so please keep sharing and watching!). I tried but gave up, opting instead to watch the meme's and tiktok's (whilst indulging a bowl of raspberry dark chocolate chip ice cream).

jmo

I wonder if they can subpoena Kate Moss to testify now that AH has mentioned her, or if they will just question AH about it further. We all saw the lawyer's excitement when she said it.

Is it Graeter's Black Raspberry Chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member