VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t it a conflict of interest to have the witness testify for both the plaintiff and the defendant?
She isn't testifying for both. She is testifying for AH about two topics: she is being used to bolster AH claims of loss of income opportunity and also to refute testimony by JD's expert about his lost income and opportunity.

ETA I think Mr. Richard Marks will be testifying to rebut this lady's testimony - he was used to illustrate JD's loss of income - opportunity I think and will probably be used to rebut AH's expert, who is testifying now.

Well now that's a big surprise :rolleyes: :D I figured they were just trying to get under his skin and would never call him again.
they don't have enough time left to call him. Every answer would take so long the clock would run out. I think it is a good idea to not call him again...I don't think it would help them at all at this point.

I haven't followed JD's personal life but I have to wonder, did JD's issues with drugs and alcohol get worse after he and AH were together, or before? Anyone know?
it is my understanding they did but I don't know that we have specifically heard that testimony on the stand. I have read it in articles. But who knows, maybe Mr. Waldman planted those ;)

She isn't testifying for both. She is testifying for AH about two topics: she is being used to bolster AH claims of loss of income opportunity and also to refute testimony by JD's expert about his lost income and opportunity.

ETA I think Mr. Richard Marks will be testifying to rebut this lady's testimony - he was used to illustrate JD's loss of income - opportunity I think and will probably be used to rebut AH's expert, who is testifying now.
Thank you, I misunderstood …. :)

Sky News

Depp's behaviour was an 'unfortunate problem' for the industry

Entertainment industry expert Katheryn Arnold is being questioned by Amber Heard's team. Ms Arnold says she has previously testified on defamation around four times, and as an expert on damages in all of the cases she's previously testified in, which is around 100. She says she has testified for both plaintiffs and defendants in her career.

She is here to assess both Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's claims of alleged damages to their careers. She begins by talking about Depp, and any loss of income he may have suffered since Heard's Washington op-ed.

She says: "Mr Depp has had an extraordinary career over many years so it's a long one to look at... He was a rising star in the late 80s and early 90s... He really started to break through when he worked with Tim Burton and in Pirates Of The Caribbean with his role Jack Sparrow which was world renowned. He was well-liked and admired, both critically within the industry and from the public as a movie star. At the same time, his behaviour both on and off the set in his person al and professional life started to interfere with his great talent."

She says there are some stories of issues with Depp's behaviour back in 80s 90s, but says she think it was in 2006 to 2010 when it really began to effect his career.

Ms Arnold says it was at this point his agent began to struggle to get him roles and production companies started to not want to hire him.

She says a key moment came in 2014 when Depp appeared at Hollywood Film Awards, but was slurring and seemed to be under the influence of drink and drugs. She says after this many people questioned Depp's behaviour and career.

Ms Arnold says as well as the drink and drug use, lateness to set and his unpredictable behaviour, Depp's recent lawsuits have also taken a toll on his reputation, and the resulting downturn of his career. She describes it as "an unfortunate problem for the industry" on whether to continue to work with him despite all these issues being out in the open.

It became an issue after he met AH. MOO
Current witness has said both things, basically; that he started to show up late to film sets starting in 2006; and then she points out him showing up drunk to an awards show in 2014… the latter of which IS under Amber’s watch, IMO. (I remember this well, because of the amounts of people, including me, who were all ‘who has managed to overserve Johnny Depp?!?’)

So basically this witnesses testimony will be that JD lost nothing as a result of the op-ed and AH's incredible allegations but that conversely, AH has lost lots due to JD through attorney Waldman and his passing information to the press during the UK trial.

Got it. Think I will take a break. I don't really need to be here to hear what I already know this chick will testify to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53