VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure sounds like AH's team hired the sketchiest of people to come along as "expert" witnesses. This doctor is peeling back all the baloney from the previous doctor's testimony, and yesterday's witness did exactly the same, in GREAT detail.

It sure sounds like AH's team hired the sketchiest of people to come along as "expert" witnesses. This doctor is peeling back all the baloney from the previous doctor's testimony, and yesterday's witness did exactly the same, in GREAT detail.
Agreed. The way Dr.C describes these tests etc... clear and easy to follow.

Sky News

PTSD 'the most frequently feigned and claimed diagnosis in civil courts'

Forensic psychologist Dr Shannon Curry, who is appearing as a rebuttal witness, is disputing testimony given by psychologist Dr Dawn Hughes, who was called as an expert witness by Amber Heard's team and told the court that the actress has post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Dr Curry says PTSD is "the most requently feigned and claimed diagnosis in civil courts". She says Dr Hughes gave Heard a "checklist" of PTSD symptoms, which is "essentially teaching... all the little nuances" needed for a diagnosis.

She also says Dr Hughes used domestic violence checklists and says these shouldn't be used as "they don't provide us with the robust information that it would be expected in such a high-stakes setting".

Dr Curry tells the court she would have expected Dr Hughes to comment on the limitations of the checklists.

I wish she could have answered the question about why she was there. I think it would have been so good for Johnny, and the jury, to hear her support

I honestly think just the fact that she was there,after over 20 years, to testify for him at pretty short notice,speaks for itself and for Johnny JMO

If I were on the jury and heard Kate Moss testify to refute what AH said would make me question everything AH said.
And AH's lawyers didn't even have one question for KM? It's because they know AH lied. Why make a comment about something that you don't even know happened? Imo to imply that JD had attacked previous girlfriends and so that's why she punched JD? Flimsy excuse.

Agreed. The way Dr.C describes these tests etc... clear and easy to follow.

All of JD's experts have been much better in the courtroom than AH's. I don't want to cast aspersions on their professional qualities, but as a whole they have been more combative, disjointed, and difficult to understand than JD's experts. I don't know if it's an issue of you get what you pay for, or if they had a harder time finding experts willing to testify on AH's behalf.

All of JD's experts have been much better in the courtroom than AH's. I don't want to cast aspersions on their professional qualities, but as a whole they have been more combative, disjointed, and difficult to understand than JD's experts. I don't know if it's an issue of you get what you pay for, or if they had a harder time finding experts willing to testify on AH's behalf.

I think the second one.....

It reminds me of that saying .. "Theres only so many ways to polish a turd"

Sky News

Dr Hughes says that Heard's approach to different tests "seems to be influenced by what we call the face validity of questions" - so if a test looks like it's measuring PTSD, "you see exaggeration".

On a trauma symptom inventory administered to Heard by Dr Hughes, there's a scale for "finding out if a person is exaggerating", Dr Curry says. It puts questions in that "are so unusual they might sound like PTSD but even the most severe cases of PTSD don't have these symptoms".

Someone exaggerating is "likely to endorse" these, she says. Heard "scored so high that that is effectively ruled out as a possibility".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298