VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so useless. Having drinks with the lawyers doesn't mean the Dr is not an expert. This whole cross just makes AH look bad, if that's even possible - she's already in deep grumpies. EB is way out of her league. The Dr knows her stuff. MOO
Kathleen Arnold, shock horror, said she met AH at lunch yesterday… couldn’t it be argued that by EB logic, this was designed as a quid pro quo to flatter the life out of her due to AH presence?

I don't know that trying to paint Dr. Curry as a liar is the best tack here. As a juror, I would find her truthful. It feels like yesterday when she was asking the trailer park guy who he follows on Twitter. I follow lots of people on Twitter, the only ones I can say for sure are Joey Votto and Michael Stokes. I have not idea who else.

Sky News

Johnny Depp was 'essentially homebound because of celebrity status'

Forensic psychologist Dr Shannon Curry is now being cross-examined by Amber Heard's legal team.

Heard's lawyer Elaine Bredehoft tells the court that Dr Curry had dinner at Johnny Depp's house with the star and some of his lawyers.

Dr Curry says she was there to be interviewed (about the case) and Depp ordered a takeaway for the team after a few hours as she was hungry.

Ms Bredehoft says Dr Curry had expert designations and reports submitted for the case but did not disclose the dinner.

Dr Curry says the lawyer is "mischaracterising what occurred".

She admits this is the only time she has visited a client at home to be interviewed as an expert witness but says this is because she had "never had a client that was essentially homebound because of their celebrity status".

This display of the rough side of EB vs the excellent testimony of Dr Curry is a replay of a month ago. Elaine brought her can of Kitty Treats....( pounce) and Dr Curry is sitting pretty.....swishing her tail. This is so delicious.

EB appears desperate. Revisiting the the dinner and drinks at interview at JD's home with team JD. It didn't seem to impress anyone the first time so now it just appears as if she can't refute Curry's rebuttal. Has she brought up muffingate yet? I was in the car trying to listen through bluetooth.

EB appears desperate. Revisiting the the dinner and drinks at interview at JD's home with team JD. It didn't seem to impress anyone the first time so now it just appears as if she can't refute Curry's rebuttal. Has she brought up muffingate yet? I was in the car trying to listen through bluetooth.

I was just going to say, I think she's losing the plot. The jury isn't going to be impressed with the cross, IMO>

Sky News

Asked if she has ever been qualified as an expert in intimate partner violence (IPV), Dr Curry she says no. Asked the same question about domestic abuse or violence, she says this has been a component of testimony.

Dr Curry says she agrees that PTSD has symptoms which overlap with personality disorders, and that it's important to use valid and reliable measures for an accurate diagnosis.

However, Ms Bredehoft says Dr Curry chose not to use a structured clinical interview for personality disorders. She says this is correct and that she would not have used it in this case.

I don't think it is unethical. Don't quote me, but it's allowed. JD's team also asked AH's experts.

Edit - fixed sentence.
asking what an expert is being paid is completely ethical and it is always done...however repeating it today with time so valuable shows desperation and I bet jury took it as such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanmails