VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her testimony was effective and to the point.However because she did not experience this side of him at a different time in both of their lives does not mean it did not happen during the relationship at question. Maybe they brought out the best in each other as I think VP did with JD. The relationship of AH and DP was toxic almost from the beginning. Again I see why they brought her in and I think it was good for JD but don't know who much weight I would give it as a juror. I would love to see VP testify as to a REAL long term relationship with him and did she ever see that side of JD. She has not been mentioned and I am sure JD does not want the mother of his children on the stand or video.

Jd and KM relationship was rumoured to be very fiery at times and both have reported addiction issues. I will look for articles but in mean time please take this as MOO

ETA Would testimony from VP and other exe's be considered hearsay,so unadmissable?

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that the jury doesn't know about the time limits. Thanks for pointing that out.
yes the time remaining is always discussed after jury has left. First trial that I have seen run like this but don't often see civil and I assume up to the judge. This judge is ex military and boy she runs a tight ship. AH team did not budget their time well over the long case.

asking what an expert is being paid is completely ethical and it is always done...however repeating it today with time so valuable shows desperation and I bet jury took it as such

I agree. It was ridiculous, asking her over and over what she was paid after she said the first time she didn't know. EB is aware of the time limit, why belabor a point like that?

If I were Amber I would be mad that Elaine hasnt been this aggressive since the beginning of the trial.

Is it ethical to ask Curry how much she is being paid?
In the early days, I saw CourtTV experts specifically claim that they think it looks bad to have a contentious amount of objections for this civil case.

I am not sure if they’re still saying it.

I think her testimony was effective and to the point.However because she did not experience this side of him at a different time in both of their lives does not mean it did not happen during the relationship at question. Maybe they brought out the best in each other as I think VP did with JD. The relationship of AH and DP was toxic almost from the beginning. Again I see why they brought her in and I think it was good for JD but don't know who much weight I would give it as a juror. I would love to see VP testify as to a REAL long term relationship with him and did she ever see that side of JD. She has not been mentioned and I am sure JD does not want the mother of his children on the stand or video.
Except if there was abuse, AH's team would have broached it. They didn't, and as a juror, I'd think it was because they couldn't. There wasn't any. Especially after that testimony from that other ex went nowhere.

Except if there was abuse, AH's team would have broached it. They didn't, and as a juror, I'd think it was because they couldn't. There wasn't any. Especially after that testimony from that other ex went nowhere.
Agreed.

I am a big fan of Kate Moss and I have read about her and JD's relationship throughout the years. KM has never claimed any SA or DV. They partied a lot, drank did drugs... but she has always talked highly about JD. I would link articles but I can't right now. You can find quite a few on google. MOO

I have to disagree to a point .. From my perspective .. and in my opinion .. the only toxic person in this relationship is AH. When you get mixed up with someone like her, you are bound to be dragged into the mud. And as far as VP .. she has given a sworn witness statement in the UK trial. Here is a link to her statement:

I’m worried that Elaine will take up JD time to run out the hours. That’s clearly a disadvantage, they have nothing to lose.
Elaine can run out their time. But I don't see how she can run out JD's time? JD's side has too much time left compared to AH. IMO Elaine and team are going to run out of time and not be able to question all of JD's witnesses. Also IMO I think JD will be put on the stand last, after AH is out of time and they won't be able to cross.

I have to disagree to a point .. From my perspective .. and in my opinion .. the only toxic person in this relationship is AH. When you get mixed up with someone like her, you are bound to be dragged into the mud. And as far as VP .. she has given a sworn witness statement in the UK trial. Here is a link to her statement:

I agree. JD is an addict. I don't think that makes him toxic. I think AH is toxic and JD coped with it the best he knew how, by stepping up the alcohol/drug use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead