VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or did LE tell them to keep quiet? Have they made any media appearances pleading for the person who took her to let her go, or for her to come home if she's out there and on her own? I hadn't seen anything, but I've only been able to watch with one eye, so to speak. Is there a reward?

Haven't seen any reward tied to any missing poster for her at this point.

Regarding LE hushing the family, that could be possible but nothing has been mentioned of it. LE did prevent a planned search by family/friends last weekend that was downgraded into just passing out flyers. Not sure if reasons are to protect potential evidence or because they feel don't *need* a search party. Otherwise, it seems there is a big disconnect or tension between Katelin's family sides that is preventing a cohesive search or effort to locate her.

One thing I have been meaning to say I feel is incorrect is that MSM has reported her plane ticket was found in the luggage. I would think that has to be an older ticket because these days you don't get a boarding pass until arriving at the airport and checking in. I usually arrive with confirmation number saved in my phone or email.

Regarding LE hushing the family, that could be possible but nothing has been mentioned of it. LE did prevent a planned search by family/friends last weekend that was downgraded into just passing out flyers. Not sure if reasons are to protect potential evidence or because they feel don't *need* a search party. Otherwise, it seems there is a big disconnect or tension between Katelin's family sides that is preventing a cohesive search or effort to locate her.

One thing I have been meaning to say I feel is incorrect is that MSM has reported her plane ticket was found in the luggage. I would think that has to be an older ticket because these days you don't get a boarding pass until arriving at the airport and checking in. I usually arrive with confirmation number saved in my phone or email.

The reporting varies, that's for sure, but here is one source that does say it is her old plane ticket. It makes sense that it was the ticket from AZ to VA that was still in her bag as opposed to the NEW ticket.

On Monday, Akens’ luggage was discovered abandoned in a drainage ditch on River Road in Spotsylvania County near the Fredericksburg city limit.“Her phone charger, her wallet, it still had her ID, her credit cards, cash, her old glasses and her old plane ticket,” said Katelin’s sister, Gabrielle Akens.

http://wric.com/2015/12/10/new-developments-in-case-of-19-year-old-missing-from-spotsylvania/

Some people still print their boarding pass prior to going to the airport.

BBM I believe it was the used ticket from when she went from AZ to VA that was in the suitcase.

I don't think LE are doing much communicating with the family either. The family seems like it is in limbo like the rest of us waiting to hear something, anything, about the status of the search.

Here is a link to the Find Katelin FB group. It is a closed group so you need to join in order to read the latest comments. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1642743949326318/

You can check in and print boarding passes at home before you arrive at the airport. These days, though, I just save my boarding pass to Google wallet on my phone and use it from there.

I don't want to sound judgmental or family-sleuthing, but there is a lack of SM presence including the usual profile picture changing/missing poster sharing/etc. I know not all families are the same, but so much about this situation is puzzling me. So little to build on!

IMO, if this was a voluntary disappearance and the suitcase was meant to be a red herring, it's likely it would have been left in a place where it was more apt to be found (i.e. city street, beside a dumpster) ... not in a drainage ditch on a country road where workmen stumbled across it by chance.

BBM I believe it was the used ticket from when she went from AZ to VA that was in the suitcase.

That's how I took it too because they said "old ticket." I shove my ticket and boarding pass and whatever else they give me into my bag after I'm on the plane and then they stay there until my next trip.

IMO, if this was a voluntary disappearance and the suitcase was meant to be a red herring, it's likely it would have been left in a place where it was more apt to be found (i.e. city street, beside a dumpster) ... not in a drainage ditch on a country road where workmen stumbled across it by chance.

I agree, though it could have been left someplace in the open and picked up and moved by somebody else. There is a homeless population that lives near River Road. Somebody might have taken what the could use out of the suitcase and left the personal papers and stuff behind.

I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong but I think the belief she did this on her own is wishful thinking. :(

Maybe her clothes are missing because whoever abducted her kept them and she's alive. What the odds are an abductor would be so thoughtful I don't know.

I wonder if the family has gone out to the mall with fliers and talked to the people in the stores. Or gone to area gas stations. If she was abducted, whoever took her may have stopped somewhere. Have they gone to the houses along River Road to see if anyone saw anything? Could she have been hitch hiking along that road?

I'm probably asking questions that no one has the answer to, but I'm just brainstorming I guess.

moo

I wonder if the family has gone out to the mall with fliers and talked to the people in the stores. Or gone to area gas stations. If she was abducted, whoever took her may have stopped somewhere. Have they gone to the houses along River Road to see if anyone saw anything? Could she have been hitch hiking along that road?

I'm probably asking questions that no one has the answer to, but I'm just brainstorming I guess.

moo

The family is actively going around passing out and posting flyers, though it does not seem like it is a coordinated effort. People did get together over the weekend and specifically targeted the area near where the luggage was found.

Family and friends continue search efforts for Katelin Akens, the 19-year-old who was last seen in Spotsylvania County on December 5th.

The event was organized by Help Save the Next Girl and was specifically targeted towards a shopping center near the area where Katelin's luggage was discovered earlier in the week.
http://www.nbc12.com/story/30732846...arching-for-19-year-old#.Vm1UkHOozA0.facebook

I think her clothes are just scattered randomly around. I know ive seen discarded stolen luggage / bags and usually whoever took it opens it up and throws items around.

I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong but I think the belief she did this on her own is wishful thinking. :(

Maybe her clothes are missing because whoever abducted her kept them and she's alive. What the odds are an abductor would be so thoughtful I don't know.

I think her clothes are just scattered randomly around. I know ive seen discarded stolen luggage / bags and usually whoever took it opens it up and throws items around.

Oh. I thought her clothes were missing from the luggage that was found. I didn't realize they found her clothes. I need to go back and find the link, but I'm pretty sure that's what I read in msm earlier.

Oh. I thought her clothes were missing from the luggage that was found. I didn't realize they found her clothes. I need to go back and find the link, but I'm pretty sure that's what I read in msm earlier.

If you do find the link, could you please post it? I hadn't heard anything about clothes being found so I'm really curious.

They weren't found. I think she was saying that when the clothes are found, they will be discovered just randomly spread around somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mountaingazer is right^^ As far as we know they have not found her clothes.

This case is so baffling. :rollercoaster: I feel like I am going back and forth on the possible scenarios. I still am looking sideways at the person who saw her last until we hear that she was seen getting out of his car at the mall.

But the texts seem to point to a possible voluntary 'break' from her old life.

But nothing we know seems to support either scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties