VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone been verified? because if not then this thread is going to get shut down again and i would rather that not happen...

I'm going to re-open the thread now, and I won't bother posting further reminders and warnings.

Posting rumors will result in Time Outs. <<<--- FACT

What's a rumor? Any statement of "fact" that cannot be linked to the content of a mainstream news media report. Comments posted by readers are considered rumor.

I'm going to re-open the thread now, and I won't bother posting further reminders and warnings.

Posting rumors will result in Time Outs. <<<--- FACT

What's a rumor? Any statement of "fact" that cannot be linked to the content of a mainstream news media report. Comments posted by readers are considered rumor.

Thank you Bessie! Do we have anyone verified?

Since Beauty College isn't Harvard or any other real College; I wouldn't hold too much stock in the school really caring unless money was already paid to attend.

Now I'm not saying that barbers or hair dressers or nail schools are not important.

But it just doesn't seem like a profession that some people will give up with feeling too much grief.

Those schools are more for hobbies and not curriculums.

So a future student nor their parent nor the school will not feel too bad if one's mind was changed about attending. Jmo.

I'm not sure people in this industry would agree with you. These aren't for "hobbies," they are careers that many people take very seriously and make a significant amount of money from.

I don't see anything unusual about an engaged couple sharing a bank account. When my husband and I got engaged/moved in together he closed his account and I added him to mine. That became our joint account. It was just the practical thing to do, with my bank being more convenient, offering better services and lower fees, etc.

Another thought: Since she was going to start school on that Monday, she must have already paid the tuition. Maybe she drained her own bank account paying the tuition, so the only cash she had available to her was in the account she shared with Amber. We just don't know.

Well, if she was able to pay tuition, she is good at handling money and saving it.

Was it ever mentioned at what time SD dropped Katelin off at the mall?

I'm not sure people in this industry would agree with you. These aren't for "hobbies," they are careers that many people take very seriously and make a significant amount of money from.

I wasn't belittling cosmetology school. Jmo

Not sure how relevant this is but the link below may be offer some help as an example of some of the going's-on in and around Springfield - Franconia and other parts of Fairfax County and NoVa. It does seem that the police there like to keep cases quite close to the vest. In any route, it's the daily police blotter.

https://fcpdnews.wordpress.com/2015/12/16/the-daily-blotter-december-16-2015/

There seems to be quite a lot of theft and larceny in and around the area and the mall, though Christmas time tends to increase these occurrences every year. Might be good to keep an eye out for something possibly related to Akens disappearance, fwiw, though.

Sent via Tapatalk - excuse my fumbling typos as I'm in a mobile.

Just marking my spot... *sigh*
Still no sign of Katelin. :(
Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post ... but, was she seen on the shopping mall surveillance cams -- entering, leaving, or just shopping ?

Just marking my spot... *sigh*
Still no sign of Katelin. :(
Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post ... but, was she seen on the shopping mall surveillance cams -- entering, leaving, or just shopping ?

Not that we have been made aware of.

I think I just can not agree that she ran away...if she planned to just dump her stuff and 'runaway', she would have taken her cash, period! You can not convince me otherwise... Amber said it was carry on type luggage, in my mind, means a soft smallish bag, not a rolling bag, perhaps I'm imagining the wrong thing. Katelin was only planning on a few days with her family, not even a week, if I understand correctly, it's not like she packed 10 outfits. If you are going to run, you would at least clothing, right? I have read her clothes were found with her luggage and I have read some clothing was missing, well how do you know what's missing?

Is Katelin's family communicating with Amber? Amber would have a better idea of clothing and personal items, speaking of which, were any of her personal care items with the tossed luggage? Toothbrush, hair brush, any makeup, that sort of thing?

Does a person who runs away leave a wallet but take a phone? Well no, the phone was ONLY used to send the purported 'false' texts. It would be very helpful if we knew what time her mom dropped her off, and then what time her stepdad left her at the mall. We know she was scheduled for a 5:30 pm flight. Is it still daylight there at 5 pm? Does a person who does not travel well, just up and 'runaway'? Not in my mind.

LE is claiming they have corroborated the stepdad's story based on surveillance cameras, well what camera, where? Was he alone, was Katelin also on the film? Was this before or after her drop off?
Not pointing a finger at all, but .....I can load up in the car, drive down the road, do something awful(if I hadn't done it earlier), toss a bag out, and make the mall.....JMO of course!

Nineteen is a very unstable age. Even if someone seems happy and assured and solid on a set path and relationship, they might do a sudden zig zag. Life can be overwhelming and confusing at that age. And they don't always know how to easily, efficiently make changes. So often they do sudden erratic things. They may 'Drop out of school' completely if they have an issue with a teacher and a bad grade or a roommate situation. Suddenly back home, and you think 'Whaaa?' Or they quit a good job because they have tickets to Coachella for the long weekend. That is how many 18 or 19 year olds cope with life changes. They may over react or make brash decisions. Not ALL teens do this. But if there are deep unresolved emotional issues from childhood then these kinds of erratic decisions may occur. And it seems there are some unresolved family issues which were lurking in KA's psyche. Going home and seeing her adorable nephew may have triggered some of these unresolved emotional issues. It may have all become overwhelming. And 19 is a bit young to be engaged and being fully supported by one's equally young fiancé. As much as one loves someone, they can still feel a bit trapped into deciding the outcome of their entire life at such a young tender age. And the unresolved family issues are possibly at the heart of that matter. I can see why one might possibly want to escape all of it and start fresh. :sigh:

Good post, katy. I've been thinking along these lines as well. I really wonder if she hooked up with someone, an old friend or old flame. Or, someone new she met, maybe online?

Someone asked Amber on the Find Katelin Facebook page if she was waiting at the airport in Arizona when she realized something was wrong. According to Amber:

"No. When lisa got the text from katelin saying she was at the airport i got a text at the same time from katelin saying 'something came up and im not coming back today. Ill let you know when i get a new flight'. Then her phone was turned off. Thats when i first was alarmed and called lisa asking if she knew katelin wasnt leaving. And katelins friend and me both called the airport and checked if katelin had checked in at the airport and she hadn't."

https://m.facebook.com/groups/16427...7375604659&source=typeahead&feed_ufi=comments

I am quoting from the FB group which I hope is allowed. Per the rules, as long as the quote is from the group's admin (which this is) I am free to quote here.

Law enforcement has confirmed that SD was at the mall when he said he was, nothing more. No photos, no video evidence (unless it's being withheld).

"No. When lisa got the text from katelin saying she was at the airport i got a text at the same time from katelin saying 'something came up and im not coming back today. Ill let you know when i get a new flight

Wow, did I miss this before or is this new information? This certainly changes things IMO.. I tend more towards a voluntary disappearance now. Unless someone got hold of her phone and pin..

"No. When lisa got the text from katelin saying she was at the airport i got a text at the same time from katelin saying 'something came up and im not coming back today. Ill let you know when i get a new flight

Wow, did I miss this before or is this new information? This certainly changes things IMO.. I tend more towards a voluntary disappearance now. Unless someone got hold of her phone and pin..

How does that lead to voluntary? What am I missing? So this 19 yr old has set up an elaborate ruse...
1. have mom take me to step dad's
2. have step dad take me to airport...oh no..take me to the mall
3. Have a plan for someone to pick me up at the mall. Can't be seen on the metro cameras now can I
4. Dump luggage (wonder if the phone is out in that area?)
5. Send text to mom...made it to airport
6. Send text to gf...something's come up..not coming home today
7. Is this where I dump my belongings?
JMO, of course I understand, that this could entirely be the scenario :thinking:

I'm still leaning towards someone else texting from Katelin's phone.........but this really is a strange case. :waitasec:

I'm still leaning towards someone else texting from Katelin's phone.........but this really is a strange case. :waitasec:

Someone who knows both the mom and Amber well enough to know that a text is needed to keep them from panicking and to buy some time ....but not well enough to know that Amber and K's Mom have each other's phone numbers/would communicate.

We discussed a second text message sent from Katelin's phone but nobody on WS knew what was said or who it was sent to. I happened to go through some comments on the Find Katelin FB page and found that quote from the fiancé which answered that question.

We discussed a second text message sent from Katelin's phone but nobody on WS knew what was said or who it was sent to. I happened to go through some comments on the Find Katelin FB page and found that quote from the fiancé which answered that question.

FYI, it's been known to many here for some time now...just been deleted when mentioned because posts from the FB page are no longer allowed since it is currently private.

I do think it's important info that says a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator