VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Here's an MSM article confirming that it is indeed Heather Ciccone's car with the writing on it that the police are looking for information about, and as they have already stated, it's NOT related to Katelin's case. http://patch.com/virginia/fredericksburg/police-did-you-see-car-sunday-night-0

This kind of lazy reporting makes me SO MAD. Ugh.
<bbm>

Thank you for the above clarification, ChasingMoxie.

Posts referencing the FB comments have been removed. This is an example of why we do not bring over comments/information from the FB pages unless the info is stated by the Administrator of the FB page.

Marking my place and hope she's found soon !
Seems rather ominous her luggage was dumped-- if she's gone of her own free will ; but stranger things have happened.

I kinda think description of the missing clothing might be helpful. Clothing is laying over over different roads in around here. Although all the pieces I have seen besides the one piece on 208 ,have been there since before Katelin went missing.

To follow the train of thought some of you have begun vis-a-vis the step-father, I noticed from Katelin's FB page she seems to be in a relationship with another woman, which potentially could have been the source of some familial tension. This is also relevant because of the reference to a "roommate's credit card" being her only source of money (it would make more sense to me for a boyfriend/girlfriend to share or lend a credit card to someone else than just a plain old "roommate). I wonder if "roommate" was how the family referred to her girlfriend, which could also indicate a lack of acceptance/point of tension?

This.
I was gonna say the same thing. From the looks of her facebook, Id say the "roommate" is her girlfriend.
Which would make more sense about why she would give Katelin her card.

i hope there is video proof of the stepdad dropping her off at the mall or else I feel like it could have been a fight between them, possibly regarding her sexuality and he has dumped her luggage

This.
I was gonna say the same thing. From the looks of her facebook, Id say the "roommate" is her girlfriend.
Which would make more sense about why she would give Katelin her card.

i hope there is video proof of the stepdad dropping her off at the mall or else I feel like it could have been a fight between them, possibly regarding her sexuality and he has dumped her luggage

AR is her fiancé that she lives with in Arizona &#128522;

I should have read the whole thread haha, I replied on like page 1 or 2 but just read up to 10.
Still suss on the stepdad. Interested to know what the footage they have that corroborates his story is.

I should have read the whole thread haha, I replied on like page 1 or 2 but just read up to 10.
Still suss on the stepdad. Interested to know what the footage they have that corroborates his story is.

IMO it's rumor. Where's the details on where the cameras recorded her? Wouldn't LE state if she was seen on surveillance if she exited the mall ? That she was at so and so store, seen with anybody? Did she have her luggage with her at that time?
I have a sneaky suspension that someone led the media to believe this or someone in the media heard a rumor and didn't bother to fully check it out.

Well this article makes no sense:

Police say surveillance video proves that missing 19-year-old Katelin Akens&#8217; stepfather dropped her off at Springfield Town Center on Saturday.

At this point, police cannot confirm that she left Spotsylvania.

___

If she was truly spotted at the mall, why isn't Fairfax County involved in her search??

"Her phone charger, her wallet, it still had her ID her credit cards, cash, her old glasses and her old plane ticket", said Katelin's sister Gabrielle Akens as she described what was in the luggage. Her family told authorities they dropped her at the Metro stop and expected her to take the Metro to Reagan National Airport to catch a flight.

Pearce said no other items were found with the suitcase.

http://waltonian.com/2015/12/virginia-woman-19-missing-luggage-found-in-ditch/

Akens family said her cell phone goes straight to voice mail when they call it.

http://wric.com/2015/12/10/teen-missing-out-of-spotsylvania-seen-at-mall-on-surveillance-footage/

IMO it's rumor. Where's the details on where the cameras recorded her? Wouldn't LE state if she was seen on surveillance if she exited the mall ? That she was at so and so store, seen with anybody? Did she have her luggage with her at that time?
I have a sneaky suspension that someone led the media to believe this or someone in the media heard a rumor and didn't bother to fully check it out.

The two media reports are both very vague about the surveillance video, stating simply "the police said". I'm not buying it either. It is possible that a LE officer told a POI that in order to make them comfortable, so they would be more inclined to talk, etc.

I am sure they checked to see if the plane ticket was refunded.

Everyone is suspecting the stepdad,but the video of her at the mall is throwing that off.

I just don't know what to think at this point. I mean ,there nothing meaningful reported to have been in the luggage except her ID ,however it is possible she has two. A Virginia one and an Arizona one . Have people checked to see if any other paperwork is missing birth records ,S.S card? Does she know anyone who live or works in NOVA? Is the luggage on the video with her ? How many bags did she have? Could she be flying under her girlfriends name or maybe using her girlfriends I.D?

I just see a few different directions this case could take ,although I admit the step dad issue is troubling .

There is a new metro station in Spotsylvania so if the metro was the plan , why not this one?
http://www.vre.org/service/stations/spotsylvania/

I don't think that article about the family saying there is video of her at the mall is true. That story was written in, I believe, one MSM article, on December 7th when news first broke of the story.

Well this article makes no sense:

Police say surveillance video proves that missing 19-year-old Katelin Akens&#8217; stepfather dropped her off at Springfield Town Center on Saturday.

At this point, police cannot confirm that she left Spotsylvania.

___

If she was truly spotted at the mall, why isn't Fairfax County involved in her search??

They must have figured out it made no sense either, because the article has been pulled. In a search for any other articles on a surveillance video I find nothing comes up where she has been spotted on any, only that LE will be reviewing tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli