VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In general, Virginia is pretty tight lipped about their cases. jmo

The one exception was probably the Charlottesville police chief when Hannah Graham went missing. He was relentless.

I'm glad AR seems to be moving on ok. Makes me abit sad as she seemed like our Katelins voice. I do see some family still has the find Katelin picture as there profile pic based on the find Katelin group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In general, Virginia is pretty tight lipped about their cases. jmo

They are, except for Hannah Graham's case. I didn't mind the silence on others like Alexis Murphy, though there was MUCH more info than this one. LE made it clear why there was silence and they clearly had their man.

This time, nothing at all.

Bumpity bump Miss Katelin! Someone knows something, please come forward so Katelin's family can stop worrying and waiting!

Still thinking of you Katelin. I'm in the camp of thinking she didn't leave voluntarily. It just kills me wondering if anyone is being investigated or if LE has made up their mind there is no foul play. I hope and pray I'm wrong and Katelin shows up safe and sound.

Still thinking of you Katelin. I'm in the camp of thinking she didn't leave voluntarily. It just kills me wondering if anyone is being investigated or if LE has made up their mind there is no foul play. I hope and pray I'm wrong and Katelin shows up safe and sound.
On the Facebook page, it was stated that LE is actively investigating.

Let me say in advance, I realize the two cases I'm comparing may not have any similarities other than two females going missing. In the Cheryl DeBoer case, she went missing on Monday and her body was found today by volunteer searchers. Every day there have been volunteer searches, LE talking to the press, people handing out flyers, people standing on street corners with her poster, a FB page set up to organize the searches, donations of food and water for the searches, constant updates. Today LE even thanked the media for their help and presence. Very impressive.

And then we have Katelin's case...I have no idea why there just seems to be nothing.

I've wondered the same thing. Why is it necessary to post that?

Posting and "bumping" the thread brings it (temporarily) to the top of the list & generates more interest. Hopefully for those that haven't read/followed yet.

Let me say in advance, I realize the two cases I'm comparing may not have any similarities other than two females going missing. In the Cheryl DeBoer case, she went missing on Monday and her body was found today by volunteer searchers. Every day there have been volunteer searches, LE talking to the press, people handing out flyers, people standing on street corners with her poster, a FB page set up to organize the searches, donations of food and water for the searches, constant updates. Today LE even thanked the media for their help and presence. Very impressive.

And then we have Katelin's case...I have no idea why there just seems to be nothing.

In Cheryl's case, all her friends, family, co-workers, etc were all in the same general location. It was a lot more convenient than in Kaitlyn's case. She has friends/family spread from VA to AZ and due simply to her age (and really no other reason) she likely doesn't have nearly as many years-long connections in either community as Cheryl had in hers. Just a whole different dynamic at play. We see it in a lot of cases. It doesn't mean loved ones don't care, it just means it's a different situation.

Not sure why, but the case of a young girl leaving her family and joining the Church of Wells in Texas just came to my mind. In that case, the church forbids the person from contacting family. However, considering Katelin's sexuality, I doubt she would have joined such a church, unless she was lured there someway.

I wonder how many other 'cult' churches are out there that are keeping people prisoners?

No idea why I thought of this, as there isn't any proof of such happening in this case. Maybe it's my hope that if that happened, Katelin is alive.

So upsetting that there is nothing updating this case. No further pleas from anyone to Katelin. Silence. Deafening Silence. I sincerely hope that if Katelin is alive, she doesn't feel that no one cares about her. WE DO! You matter Katelin!!!

Could Katelin's body be out there near her family, waiting to be found, just like Cheryl DeBoer? I know it's an awful thought, but no one is searching. :(

Not sure why, but the case of a young girl leaving her family and joining the Church of Wells in Texas just came to my mind. In that case, the church forbids the person from contacting family. However, considering Katelin's sexuality, I doubt she would have joined such a church, unless she was lured there someway.

I wonder how many other 'cult' churches are out there that are keeping people prisoners?

No idea why I thought of this, as there isn't any proof of such happening in this case. Maybe it's my hope that if that happened, Katelin is alive.

So upsetting that there is nothing updating this case. No further pleas from anyone to Katelin. Silence. Deafening Silence. I sincerely hope that if Katelin is alive, she doesn't feel that no one cares about her. WE DO! You matter Katelin!!!

There are churches that, even though in most states it's illegal, have "conversion therapy ". I've thought of that as a possibility. These churches believe that people that are homosexual choose to be and that intensive spiritual therapy can "cure" them of being homosexual.

Yep, the silence is killing me too. She went missing on my birthday so it's hard to forget about her.

In Cheryl's case, all her friends, family, co-workers, etc were all in the same general location. It was a lot more convenient than in Kaitlyn's case. She has friends/family spread from VA to AZ and due simply to her age (and really no other reason) she likely doesn't have nearly as many years-long connections in either community as Cheryl had in hers. Just a whole different dynamic at play. We see it in a lot of cases. It doesn't mean loved ones don't care, it just means it's a different situation.

Those are really good points, thanks. I definitely didn't mean to imply her loved ones didn't care! Her sister seemed to indicate that LE had told them they were not allowed to organize their own searches and didn't want them talking to the media at all, but those were FB posts not quotes in MSM. I was more curious about the differences in approach overall and differences in LE's interaction with the public and media in different sized towns, etc.

I think I missed it but does Katelin have any tattoos?

I think I missed it but does Katelin have any tattoos?

Yes she does, butterflies on the inside of her left forearm and stars with filigree on the top of her right foot
ETA, she also has several piercings

pEwAESK.jpg

Katelin Akens

Spotsylvania police looking for missing 19-year-old woman
"Spotsylvania police are investigating the disappearance of a 19-year-old woman.

According to Katelin Akens’s family, her stepfather took her to the Franconia-Springfield Metro station on Saturday for her trip back to college in Arizona, said Spotsylvania Sheriff's Capt. Jeff Pearce. She was supposed to take the Metro to Reagan National Airport.

She never showed up in Arizona.

“Nobody’s heard from her or seen her since."

Then, on Monday, her luggage was found by workers in a drainage ditch along River Road, not far from the Fall Hill Avenue intersection.

Detectives have the luggage and are looking for Akens, said Pearce."

5666194653b43.image.jpg
0fd1ndR.jpg
JgTNlDQ.jpg

http://m.fredericksburg.com/news/cr...cdc-9d39-11e5-9ead-3b7e7375d47f.html?mode=jqm

https://www.facebook.com/BrentSolom...53791234450/10153753790554450/?type=3&theater

Thread 1

:bump:

I had thoughts about possible cult activity in her area from the beginning but I do not like conspiracy theories without evidence.

But what if she were conflicted? She is only 19, had been locked into this relationship from a young age and was wholly dependent on it, by the evidence we do have. A perfect prey from a cult standpoint.

Dependent, conflicted, alone in her feelings and someone who may be easily influenced by someone offering a "better way of life".

It could be simply a church member of any church offering her a shoulder, support and a plan.
Dumping her luggage, ticket, money, etc. is a total leaving behind of the old way for a new way. Dumping it on the way back home from the mall suggests that perhaps it was someone local to her and she could still be in Spotsylvania.

I had heard a lot about an organization called Common Ground who have been reported as people who prey on the insecurities of college students and are located in college towns, so I did a cursory search in VA.

https://www.facebook.com/commongroundva/info/?tab=overview

Creepy - notice the "shhh" motive of the cover photo... That photo alone is a red flag. "You can trust me I won't tell".

http://commongroundva.com/

MOO

I have yet to see any missing flyers for Katelin.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I had thoughts about possible cult activity in her area from the beginning but I do not like conspiracy theories without evidence.

But what if she were conflicted? She is only 19, had been locked into this relationship from a young age and was wholly dependent on it, by the evidence we do have. A perfect prey from a cult standpoint.

Dependent, conflicted, alone in her feelings and someone who may be easily influenced by someone offering a "better way of life".

It could be simply a church member of any church offering her a shoulder, support and a plan.
Dumping her luggage, ticket, money, etc. is a total leaving behind of the old way for a new way. Dumping it on the way back home from the mall suggests that perhaps it was someone local to her and she could still be in Spotsylvania.

I had heard a lot about an organization called Common Ground who have been reported as people who prey on the insecurities of college students and are located in college towns, so I did a cursory search in VA.

https://www.facebook.com/commongroundva/info/?tab=overview

Creepy - notice the "shhh" motive of the cover photo... That photo alone is a red flag. "You can trust me I won't tell".

http://commongroundva.com/

MOO
Re the "shhh" the caption reads "its time to BREAK the silence" just saying. I don't know anything about this group but I thought I'd point that out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members