VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the "shhh" the caption reads "its time to BREAK the silence" just saying. I don't know anything about this group but I thought I'd point that out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You were deceived knowing nothing about this group. Exactly my point. Thanks!

"break the silence, I will listen, they don't understand, tell me, you are not alone, there are many like you,,," on and on. It's text book.

IMO

I had heard a lot about an organization called Common Ground who have been reported as people who prey on the insecurities of college students and are located in college towns, so I did a cursory search in VA.

Are you talking about Common Ground/s cafe(s) related to the Twelve Tribes? I don't think there's any connection here, IMO.

Common Ground in Fredericksburg is an independent/non-denominational church. It's true that it's located downtown, near the University of Mary Washington, but I have a couple of acquaintances who attend services there and I consider them to be pretty savvy re: cult-like behavior.

The shushing picture is in reference to a series of sermons about "Taboo" topics that aren't normally discussed in that setting such as divorce, politics, etc.

I apologize if I'm incorrect in my guess about the organization you're referring to, and I haven't attended services at F'burg's Common Ground myself so of course I could be missing something -- MOO etc.

I am in the area and I recall seeing one flyer a while back (on a business's door, IIRC) but I haven't noticed any since then.

Some parallels between this missing man's case and Cheryl's. He failed to show up for work on February 6, 2016. At some point that same day, he sent a short text message to a friend who then alerted authorities after going to his home and discovering his back door open. Police found nothing unusual in his home but he has not been seen since. He lives in Seattle.
Link to his story covered by a local news station:
http://komonews.com/news/local/missing-man-sends-cryptic-text-to-friend-my-luck-has-run-out

How far is it to the airport? Because I don't think someone would carefully drive to the mall as if they have delivered the passenger then casually fling the luggage along the side of a travelled road leaving the ID and the contents inside.

Exactly
Been wanting to say that for a very long time...

I really do think we know way too little about her family dinamics (mother,stepfather,sister and everybody else) and not everything is nice and shiny over there.

I believe LE have a lot of other information we are not aware of and we can only try to guess or suppose what had happened last december

Things are pretty strage anyway:

If LE thought she was kidnapped,they would have told us her last ping area when sending the texts to mom and Amber
If they thought she was murdered by someone,they would have been interviewing family members or friends non stop.
If they knew she ran away,they would have said it looks like a voluntary missing adult but if anybody sees her
"please let us know so we can confirm this".

I also agree with other posters here - 2:00 seems a little early for a 5:40 flight.But the hours seem off or inconsistent however we may approach them so...also,I don't see how they could totally positively identify the SD vehicle and not make out anything about the occupants.

I also think that Katelin is a girl with many hidden inner problems ; I am not saying she is sick,crazy or smth similar.Just that deep inside her there is a lot of darkness and maybe a lot of confusion,things that usually lead in the wrong direction.

I think she is still just a little girl.Not because she is 19 years old,there are a lot of people already "grown up" reaching that age,it is just my opinion.A little girl who couldn't find her own way,not because she didn't want to or because she was lazy.No.She just couldn't do it.I just find it hard to believe that a teenage girl who is having bills paid for by others can run away from her life and need for nothing

I do not believe for a second she got "scared" about starting Cosmetology school.I mean,come on! this is cosmetics we are talking about,she was not going to be a brain surgeon or a secret agent.Again,I am not showing lack of respect to anyone,everybody is the same no matter what their job is,we are all people and nobody is superior or inferior because of that.

But again,this is Cosmetology.

I think the luggage were scattered about and maybe someone took some of it before LE arrived,perhaps missing the money (how much?5,10 dollars?do we know?).Maybe that was not even the original dumping place.

I pray to God Katelin is alive and well. However,in that situation,seeing every private detail of her personal life all over the web will not encourage her to come forward. We should all keep that in mind before we repeat what we read.

There seems to be so many missing people the past few months. Daily there are at least several new ones listed here on WS.

In one of these, it was stated that if a person had voluntarily left of legal age, they needed to contact the police department to let them know. The PD would then contact the parents to let them know the person was safe and had left on their own.
My own wording here. I cannot remember which missing case this was stated in, however, it was recently.

From that article...

"The information deputies and the detectives have uncovered is not something we're going to be able to release at this point," Pearce said.

might be something?

"We have absolutely no indication at this point if anything happened, and if it did, what or where it happened," Pearce told HuffPost.

Maybe not...☹️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really do think we know way too little about her family dinamics (mother,stepfather,sister and everybody else) and not everything is nice and shiny over there.

I believe LE have a lot of other information we are not aware of and we can only try to guess or suppose what had happened last december

Things are pretty strage anyway:

If LE thought she was kidnapped,they would have told us her last ping area when sending the texts to mom and Amber
If they thought she was murdered by someone,they would have been interviewing family members or friends non stop.
If they knew she ran away,they would have said it looks like a voluntary missing adult but if anybody sees her
"please let us know so we can confirm this".

I also agree with other posters here - 2:00 seems a little early for a 5:40 flight.But the hours seem off or inconsistent however we may approach them so...also,I don't see how they could totally positively identify the SD vehicle and not make out anything about the occupants.

I also think that Katelin is a girl with many hidden inner problems ; I am not saying she is sick,crazy or smth similar.Just that deep inside her there is a lot of darkness and maybe a lot of confusion,things that usually lead in the wrong direction.

I think she is still just a little girl.Not because she is 19 years old,there are a lot of people already "grown up" reaching that age,it is just my opinion.A little girl who couldn't find her own way,not because she didn't want to or because she was lazy.No.She just couldn't do it.I just find it hard to believe that a teenage girl who is having bills paid for by others can run away from her life and need for nothing

I do not believe for a second she got "scared" about starting Cosmetology school.I mean,come on! this is cosmetics we are talking about,she was not going to be a brain surgeon or a secret agent.Again,I am not showing lack of respect to anyone,everybody is the same no matter what their job is,we are all people and nobody is superior or inferior because of that.

But again,this is Cosmetology.

I think the luggage were scattered about and maybe someone took some of it before LE arrived,perhaps missing the money (how much?5,10 dollars?do we know?).Maybe that was not even the original dumping place.

I pray to God Katelin is alive and well. However,in that situation,seeing every private detail of her personal life all over the web will not encourage her to come forward. We should all keep that in mind before we repeat what we read.

Wow what a post. Not sure where to start but I know a couple women under 21 who are in the military and have served at least one tour in the Middle East. I am not sure you would want to call them little girls. At least not where they could hear you. They are, in fact, adults capable of making choices and decisions.

Not sure you would want to get whooped by a Marine/ Cosmetologist/ Girl.

Is it possible Katelin is finally making "grown up" decisions?

Before you get biased again, I am a 60 year old man who has raised 2 wonderful daughters.

MOO

Respectfully. I'd like point out that she certainly could have been stressed about starting cosmetology school. That's a life transition. Who are you or anyone else to say that that shouldn't be something to be afraid of? That said, I don't think she's missing voluntarily.

Are you talking about Common Ground/s cafe(s) related to the Twelve Tribes? I don't think there's any connection here, IMO.

Common Ground in Fredericksburg is an independent/non-denominational church. It's true that it's located downtown, near the University of Mary Washington, but I have a couple of acquaintances who attend services there and I consider them to be pretty savvy re: cult-like behavior.

The shushing picture is in reference to a series of sermons about "Taboo" topics that aren't normally discussed in that setting such as divorce, politics, etc.

I apologize if I'm incorrect in my guess about the organization you're referring to, and I haven't attended services at F'burg's Common Ground myself so of course I could be missing something -- MOO etc.

I am in the area and I recall seeing one flyer a while back (on a business's door, IIRC) but I haven't noticed any since then.

I heard about Common Ground from someone who got caught up in it here in New England. I am never fooled by the double message but young people are graphic oriented. Sorry, they might have a clever way of justifying the picture, but the visual intent is clear. "Secrets".
Even Isis bases their gory deeds on God.
FWIW I am not anti-religion - I am a devoted Christian. I only brought it up in response to another post because I had given it thought as a plausible way someone could give up being taken care of with nothing obvious as a means of support.

MOO

Respectfully. I'd like point out that she certainly could have been stressed about starting cosmetology school. That's a life transition. Who are you or anyone else to say that that shouldn't be something to be afraid of? That said, I don't think she's missing voluntarily.

I have to completely agree with all of this. My youngest daughter is a very mature, strong young woman who will be starting college this fall for a career she is completely passionate about, but, she is still stressing a bit about it, which I find completely normal reaction to a "good " stress happening. But imo, I don't think Katelin has decided to disappear because of stress. JMO, but from the beginning I have never thought she was missing voluntarily, I really, really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am 😕

From that article...

"The information deputies and the detectives have uncovered is not something we're going to be able to release at this point," Pearce said.

might be something?

"We have absolutely no indication at this point if anything happened, and if it did, what or where it happened," Pearce told HuffPost.

Maybe not...☹️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried to get something out of them, but they're really tight-lipped about the case. Pretty much every question was answered with, and I'm paraprasing: "because this is an ongoing investigation we're unable to comment on that."

I tried to get something out of them, but they're really tight-lipped about the case. Pretty much every question was answered with, and I'm paraprasing: "because this is an ongoing investigation we're unable to comment on that."

Seems like the standard line, I got basically the same thing 😕

At least the article has more recent pictures of her and its getting her name and face out in the public again. Hopefully it leads to something soon. I don't think she's missing voluntarily either. I wish she was though.

I was just wondering if maybe she thumbed a ride. Do people still hitch rides that way because it isn't a safe way to get around anymore.

Wow what a post. Not sure where to start but I know a couple women under 21 who are in the military and have served at least one tour in the Middle East. I am not sure you would want to call them little girls. At least not where they could hear you. They are, in fact, adults capable of making choices and decisions.

Not sure you would want to get whooped by a Marine/ Cosmetologist/ Girl.

Is it possible Katelin is finally making "grown up" decisions?

Before you get biased again, I am a 60 year old man who has raised 2 wonderful daughters.

MOO

Exactly my point,Steleheart.I know a lot of 19 years old girls who are no longer "little girls" but full grown adults,as I said in my post before.I just do not think this is the case here.It is just my opinion,but I do not think KA was used to making too many decisions or choices on her own.This is not good or bad,right or wrong.Just a thought.
And again,I think you are right.This could be her first Big One.Decision,Choice,whatever.Just hope it is a good one and no harm came to her.I just think she should have started small,if it is a voluntary decision.

And with all due respect,Marine and Cosmetology...let's keep them apart.We are talking about two very very different things and nobody can compare them when we are talking about emotions involved.Of course different people act and feel different ways regarding their carrer,but again,there is no comparison here to be made.

Yes,DatelineFan,you are absolutely right.She could have been.
Respectfully,I am just an individual giving out his humble opinion.Like you and everyone else out here.That's why we call it a forum.

Yes,DatelineFan,you are absolutely right.She could have been.
Respectfully,I am just an individual giving out his humble opinion.Like you and everyone else out here.That's why we call it a forum.
I know. It could just be insulting to people in that field. I would think that if it's important to them, it could be a stressor. If you're invested in something, it's going to matter how well you do. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat