VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Katelin was last seen Dec. 5, 2015 when her mother, Lisa Sullivan, dropped her off at Sullivan's ex-husband's house on Oak Crest Drive in Partlow, Virginia.

Sullivan's ex-husband told investigators he dropped Akens off at Springfield Town Center so she could take the Metro to Reagan National Airport.

On Monday, authorities said there was no evidence Akens or her property ever left Spotsylvania County.

Investigators have been corresponding with Akens' stepfather and will continue to speak with him to "tighten up the timeline."

___

Sounds like LE is putting pressure on the SD. If there is a map, this article gives Katelin's SD address.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Clues-Sought-One-Year-After-Va-Woman-Vanished-405018115.html

bbm

But why did Katelyn tell mom she made it to the airport. But then texted Amber that the flight was not going to happen and she would call her later.

Do we think that stepdad texted Amber?

But wouldn't the phone ping show where she was at when texting that?

i dont think the police have ever expressly stated anything about this but hopefully we can assume that they have pulled her phone records, and given this new information i think it is safe to say they believe those texts came from inside spotsylvania county, and not from anywhere near the mall/metro/airport.

I hope I'm not crossing any lines, but given that LE basically have now said that the story given by the last person to see her is likely false, why in the heck haven't they searched that person?

also, hypothetically, if whatever happened is the "most likely" scenario at this point, why haven't relatives like the mom or sister come out and said something?! It seems like this wouldn't be the first and only violent episode or weird thing or whatever.

also, hypothetically, if whatever happened is the "most likely" scenario at this point, why haven't relatives like the mom or sister come out and said something?! It seems like this wouldn't be the first and only violent episode or weird thing or whatever.

we cant really discuss this in detail because it would be considered rumor but my impression is that nobody ever really considered him a suspect and they wanted to believe that she had just run off like the police suggested.

re: your previous post, i think this is just one of those cases where there just wasnt anything to go on, no witnesses to anything, no motive suggested, no evidence to gather. the only thing they had to go on was cell phone/text/social media information and they came out early on and made that somewhat unclear statement about finding something to suggest maybe she had disappeared willingly.

Perhaps her family was told to keep quiet? So they can build a case? I couldn't imagine if my daughter disappeared under these circumstances keeping a civil face to the person of interest. I'd probably be in jail by now myself.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm glad this was in the media. Hopefully will be given more attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't there a text sent that she made her flight. Did mom ask? Also who sent it??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wasn't there a text sent that she made her flight. Did mom ask? Also who sent it??

a text was sent to her mother that she was at the airport, and one was sent to her girlfriend that she was changing her plans and not returning that day. her phone was turned off after that and never used again, or found.

So the reference to Spotsylvania County is her dad's home area?

no idea how they have become involved, but...

https://www.facebook.com/ffminc/?fref=nf

"[FONT=&quot]We are currently investigating this case. If you have any information, please contact us. You can do so anonymously by texting tips to 540-656-0370."[/FONT]

a text was sent to her mother that she was at the airport, and one was sent to her girlfriend that she was changing her plans and not returning that day. her phone was turned off after that and never used again, or found.
One more ?
Does anyone remember reading that she left the sd place earlier than she had planned.
I could be off with my memory.

no idea how they have become involved, but...

https://www.facebook.com/ffminc/?fref=nf

"[FONT=&quot]We are currently investigating this case. If you have any information, please contact us. You can do so anonymously by texting tips to 540-656-0370."[/FONT]

If you look at the about page on the above FB it says this:
About
FFM, Inc is a competitive, innovative, & progressive firearms training academy & private investigation agency serving Virginia, Maryland, & Washington, DC.

So my guess is in the capacity of PI

If you look at the about page on the above FB it says this:
About
FFM, Inc is a competitive, innovative, & progressive firearms training academy & private investigation agency serving Virginia, Maryland, & Washington, DC.

So my guess is in the capacity of PI

right, i just meant that i do not know who hired them, or if they just decided to get involved on their own etc.

I'll confess, up until this new information released I half thought our Girl may have been somehow involved in the Heather murder. As an additional victim, or maybe she knew something and went into hiding for safety. But now it really sounds like LE always had someone in mind, but didn't have the evidence needed. Not Sleuthing anyone, but wouldn't the last known person to supposedly have seen a missing person, wouldn't search warrants be allowed just based on that fact? Sorry if my post treads a line. I will say no more along that vein.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Agree. At first I thought she was connected to to HC case at first as well.

But it just didn't fit in a rumor mill. So obviously the locals knew more.

So then I simply went with the runaway theory due to her 2 texts sent to mom and Amber.

But now I'm not sure if she wasn't a victim of something else. Idk

this is the area of 200 Oak Crest Drive which is where police say the last confirmed sighting was, lots of woods and tree cover - just look at it all right there in the middle, secluded houses, some more secluded than others... i wonder if that area has been searched at all? who knows, maybe she just wandered off and perished right?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...429560150b7fe855!8m2!3d38.1175722!4d-77.66228

WHat I am seriously having an issue with...WHY are LE doing this sudden turn around? a WHOLE YEAR has been lost as far as evidence, witnesses, etc! UGH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back