VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truthsleuth.....I agree...this has such a "personal" feel about it

Maybe a threat to a pet...or someone called Kelly and said "your pet was hit by a car"..

or...called her with some other "emergency">>
"your friend was in a car wreck"..."your house is on fire"...whatever

At that time of day, in that small industrial complex where probably mostly men worked...I can't imagine a stranger predator finding that a good "hunting ground"..
there would be no way to think that an attractive woman would come running out of there at that time

I feel someone somehow had to lure her out of there..I think she got in their vehicle "I'll take you there"....and from there?? who knows??? If she just went and jumped in a vehicle that would not leave much evidence or much to search for there

Maybe the perp had a gun?? or used a taser???

And just to stir the pot a bit more, we need to ask ourselves which personal acquaintance(s) was free at 10:00 AM the morning of Kelly's disappearance? Most of us are at work at that time at a 9 to 5 job, and it would be obvious if other factors/evidence pointed our way AND we just happened to take off from work on the morning of January 15. So this is most likely someone who has a job that starts later in the day. Or perhaps doesn't currently work at all.

LE has to address who stalked Kelly in the past, who had a history of physically abusing Kelly, who was free most mornings, etc. etc. And I'm CERTAIN LE has already investigated these issues and has a person or person(s) in mind. I'm thinking LE hasn't yet been able to prove that a crime has even been committed without finding Kelly in one form or another, so no moves can be made toward pointing to a POI or making an arrest just yet.

Kelly needs to be found, and soon, before LE can point any fingers at a POI or arrest someone. Once locating her is accomplished, I guarantee we will all see a very rapid wrapping up of this case. We can only hope so ... JMHO

I'm thinking LE hasn't yet been able to prove that a crime has even been committed without finding Kelly in one form or another, so no moves can be made toward pointing to a POI or making an arrest just yet.

Kelly needs to be found, and soon, before LE can point any fingers at a POI or arrest someone. Once locating her is accomplished, I guarantee we will all see a very rapid wrapping up of this case. We can only hope so ... JMHO

Truthsleuth,

I agree with everything you just said. I really do hope that Kelly is found soon.

I do hope that I'm totally wrong about this. But the concern here is that Kelly's case could become a cold case if the POI had so much time to get rid of any incriminating evidence and come up with an alibi. :(

And just to stir the pot a bit more, we need to ask ourselves which personal acquaintance(s) was free at 10:00 AM the morning of Kelly's disappearance? Most of us are at work at that time at a 9 to 5 job, and it would be obvious if other factors/evidence pointed our way AND we just happened to take off from work on the morning of January 15. So this is most likely someone who has a job that starts later in the day. Or perhaps doesn't currently work at all.

LE has to address who stalked Kelly in the past, who had a history of physically abusing Kelly, who was free most mornings, etc. etc. And I'm CERTAIN LE has already investigated these issues and has a person or person(s) in mind. I'm thinking LE hasn't yet been able to prove that a crime has even been committed without finding Kelly in one form or another, so no moves can be made toward pointing to a POI or making an arrest just yet.

I agree, I believe Kelly was tricked into going somewhere, so she didn't put up a fight, she thought she would be coming back to work after the surprise or emergency, wherever she was taken was isolated, no witnesses and a quick getaway!

http://richmond.craigslist.org/vnn/1618385594.html
3m13pd3l35T35P25R2a2p046d41e1343610e1.jpg

I have a good question here. Was Kelly ever know to go to the Craig's List website to buy anything from someone?

I have heard of incidents where people thought they were getting something at a private sale somewhere and have ended up being robbed.

I have a good question here. Was Kelly ever know to go to the Craig's List website to buy anything from someone?

I have heard of incidents where people thought they were getting something at a private sale somewhere and have ended up being robbed.

I guess family could tell you that. But again, for me, this was personal. Someone she knew got her out there, not a stranger.

I found a report of something like that in chesterfeild.

''Jan. 15, 2010 (COW 1335 – “Cindy” Robbery)

The Chesterfield County / Colonial Heights Crime Solvers program is asking for your help to solve an unusual robbery case.
In May 2009, a victim was chatting via e-mail with a woman he knew as Cindy. The victim drove from North Carolina to meet Cindy at a home on Folkstone Road in Chesterfield County on June 16. The man was beaten and robbed by seven to eight men when he entered the home. Stolen items included cash and personal items.

The suspects are described as Hispanic males in their mid to late 20s. One suspect displayed a gun and another displayed a knife. The suspects fled in a blue or gray Toyota. Detectives have learned the Folkstone Road home is used to house out-of-town Verizon subcontractors.''
http://crimesolvers.net/wordpress/4crime-of-the-week.html

I hate to double post but I also found this in the cold case section of chesterfield crime solvers.

''January 15,1990: the skeletal remains of 29-year-old Deborah Draughn were found in the woods off the 7500 block of Iron Bridge Road. Draughn was a reported missing person from Richmond, and the medical examiner believed Draughn could have been in the woods for four-six months ''
http://crimesolvers.net/wordpress/9cold-case-files.html

Kelly didn't call and cancel her walk with the two guys at 11-30, she thought that she would be able to make it, somebody contacted her, maybe saying they had a gift for her or wanted to talk to her on this important anniversary, "if you don't come out, I'm coming in" Kelly runs out of the building and gets into the car, a gun is pulled on her, she hands over her phone which is subsequently turned off, the car door is locked and that's it.

I've been thinking along these same lines as well, knowthings. I wonder if she had a pre-arranged meeting with someone she knew, for a certain time (ie. 10am) for them to return something of importance to her.. (I noticed CVA emphasized Kelly was EXTREMELY protective of her belongings). That may have been her lure. She may have been running late, due to finishing a work project and that is why she was seen leaving her work station in a hurry, running out in parking lot..

Woke up at midnight thinking about this very sad case, I imagined a few different scenarios and came to the conclusion that whoever took Kelly wouldn't want to risk being seen with her so they would try and get rid of her as quickly as possible, there are quite a few woody little areas around Ruffin Mill road and depending on what vehicle the person was driving they would be able to go quite deeply into the woods, another possibility is an abandoned building, anyway I hope she can be found soon and that evidence of footprints and tire tracks are still evident I figure she was probably only in that car for about ten fifteen minutes so I am going to try and go to BPA today and drive around a few of the different little roads and also look for abandoned buildings.

Thinkin about "pre-arrangement" of meeting. Maybe someone at the gym, or someone met her outside of the gym or wherever it was Kelly purchased gas. Several places, I'm sure, Kelly could have run into someone to make a meeting for that day.

Maybe this person had something that belonged to Kelly and said they wanted to give it back, or maybe this person said, hey...I bought you something and want to give it to you...Or maybe someone said, I just need to talk... All kinds of pretexts...

I'm hoping someone's heart is really heavy and they feel the entire weight of the world on their shoulders. We not only need to pray for Kelly...we need to pray that the perp(s) will feel the need to ease their conscious by telling what happened to Kelly.

Well I drove to BPA and then surveyed the surrounding area, tons of places she could be, lots of overgrown fields, and woods everywhere. Ashton Creek Business Park is surrounded by lots of land and woods, then there is Port Walthall, so many places, just hope we can find her soon.

If she was meeting someone and got into the car willing then she didnt plan on going far. So would the direction of the wawa be the closest place to grab a coffee or a drink and spend a few minutes with someone? On google maps it is 1.8 miles and if you drive past the store away from blue print there is a red gate blocking a dirt road (google maps) Any local know if that gate is open or shut now?

Even if Kelly had bought something from someone, 9 times out of 10, she would want to go look at the product first before buying AND she wouldn't want them coming to her job to deliver it.

Not pointing fingers BUT I remembered reading something interesting in an earlier post from CinV. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94105&page=15 on post #361. I am not saying that she was available the day that Kelly disappeared BUT obviously the day she had posted this comment, she was on during the day but had to work that afternoon/evening. On another website, CinV's mom stated that she had had lunch with CinV the day that Kelly came up missing, she didn't ellaborate after people asked questions. Again, not pointing fingers BUT I just found those particular things interesting.

CiV post #489 on 1-28-2010

I spoke to my former neighbor directly, both on the phone and in person. She said it was what the police told her. The police have told me on two separate occasions that the doors were left unlocked only, not open.

Okay, bear with me here please. I hope I can explain my thoughts without being too confusing.

Remember early on we knew of the conversation Kelly had with her neighbor about someone moving things around in her house. We discussed that quite a bit in the beginning and made reference to that supposed event here and there throughout the threads.

I'm not accusing - I just have some difficulty understanding what I'm about to bring up.

CiV makes post regarding about talking to Kelly's neighbor, CiV's former neighbor. Apparently there had been at least 2 conversations with this neighbor (one in person - one on phone). Wouldn't one think that possibly this neighbor brought up this event Kelly spoke to her about - since that is one of the things this neighbor told LE right off the bat. (Remember - we had been discussing this topic at length), yet CiV doesn't make mention of it at all - not in this conversation with the neighbor, nor in any of her postings until...

A couple of days later we have this next post:

CiV post # 643 on 1-30-2010

After Kelly and I moved into the house in Aug 2006, I personally changed all of the locks in the house. 6 months later, Kelly said she thought we should change the locks again because she thought someone had been in the house. When asked what made her think this, she said, it was "just a feeling" she had. She also had mentioned the "practical joke" that someone might be playing on her by taking her keys from her tool box and making a copy of them. My point is, this is not an original idea... it had been said several years prior to her disappearance.

We talked about things being moved around and lock changes... Then this 2nd post, to me, it's brought up like we've never discussed this before.

With all this discussion we've had on Kelly's threads I'm wondering why this wouldn't have been one of the first things brought up by CiV when it was being talked about...

And that is what confuses me.

MB you are spot on, I thought it was so odd that the changing of the locks and moving things around wasn't mentioned for a long time!

Well I drove to BPA and then surveyed the surrounding area, tons of places she could be, lots of overgrown fields, and woods everywhere. Ashton Creek Business Park is surrounded by lots of land and woods, then there is Port Walthall, so many places, just hope we can find her soon.

I'm thinking that the surrounding area that you described most likely was rural farmlands years ago.

Are there any barns or houses in that area that are visible from the roadway that appeared to be abandonded? Are there any old wells in that area?

That would be something to consider looking at in a rural farmland area. But as you said, there are tons of places that she could be at.

Good catch MB :)

I am not accusing either when I say; I don't think she came here for Kelly's sake, I think it was a CYA end run when her name appeared.

This case just has me baffled ... WHERE IS KELLY? Someone out there knows!!!!!!!!!

CiV post #489 on 1-28-2010

Okay, bear with me here please. I hope I can explain my thoughts without being too confusing.

Remember early on we knew of the conversation Kelly had with her neighbor about someone moving things around in her house. We discussed that quite a bit in the beginning and made reference to that supposed event here and there throughout the threads.

I'm not accusing - I just have some difficulty understanding what I'm about to bring up.

CiV makes post regarding about talking to Kelly's neighbor, CiV's former neighbor. Apparently there had been at least 2 conversations with this neighbor (one in person - one on phone). Wouldn't one think that possibly this neighbor brought up this event Kelly spoke to her about - since that is one of the things this neighbor told LE right off the bat. (Remember - we had been discussing this topic at length), yet CiV doesn't make mention of it at all - not in this conversation with the neighbor, nor in any of her postings until...

A couple of days later we have this next post:

CiV post # 643 on 1-30-2010

We talked about things being moved around and lock changes... Then this 2nd post, to me, it's brought up like we've never discussed this before.

With all this discussion we've had on Kelly's threads I'm wondering why this wouldn't have been one of the first things brought up by CiV when it was being talked about...

And that is what confuses me.

I was also wondering why she wasnt having self doubt issues about Kelly believing someone had been in the house.

After someone who has talked about someone being in the house and having to change the locks becomes a missing person wouldnt you second guess what you had thought about that person thinking those things ? Even if you didnt believe it at the time or still had doubts ?
Yes MB I agree with you when we first made the comments about what the neighbor had told the police it does seem odd that CIV didnt seem to have a rapid reply about that and about what Mary Johnston had told the police about Kelly always being careful to lock her doors and then to post the post about the door locks and feeling a need to have them changed and then the post about Kelly always leaving the house unlocked. It does not add up at all. The neighbor was very concerned and said it was not like Kelly at all, and CIV who talked to the police on the 15th said it was very much like Kelly to leave them unlocked. Why the need for the locks at all then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody