VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a person that does not want your things messed up, you are NOT going to leave your doors unlocked!

I'm not saying that I disagree with the theories that CIV's stories seemed to contradict her own or other people's information about Kelly, but I will say that I remember thinking exactly this when CIV was active on the forums: "She only says what she has to and is purposefully trying not to say too much or reveal too much about her and Kelly." This of course was only in the beginning. Later on, many felt that she said too much or even fabricated/exaggerated the truth (especially on the other site!).
I can understand not wanting to say too much on here. I've been afraid of saying something that will hurt the investigation. Perhaps, CIV felt the same, then later revealed more about Kelly's habits, dates, etc... because we all wanted more info.
Just some angles to consider.

I agree CCweb BUT if you are just going to tell part of the truth, why say anything at all? It gets people to asking questions and when you fumble over your words or won't answer them, you look suspicious. MOST of the things she said about Kelly were negative. We have a missing person here and this is the last place to vent about negative BS between two people. If I wanted to see that, I'd watch soap operas.

Furthermore, we asked many, many questions about Kelly's habits, colors, music, etc etc., she wouldn't answer those. She only wanted us to know things about Kelly that she wanted us to know, not necessarily the good things.

As far as information that was pulled, IF those things are true and she told those things to the police already, that's where it should have stayed. It was none of our business and for some reason she felt that she needed to continue talking bad about a missing person. This missing person has to have someone in her corner because she is not here to defend herself. I wish she was for her sake. I am sure she would have a few choice words for CinV.

ITA Beltingitout!!!
Is there a more recent news story than this?

Recent local missing persons cases Family, supporters continue search for missing Chester woman

From staff reports), By Michael Buettner (Staff Writer)
Published: February 14, 2010

Sabrina Schaeffer/Staff Photo Judy Williams, Joe DiStefano and Tony Roach search for signs of William's sister Kelly Catalano on Saturday.

Sabrina Schaeffer/Staff Photo Joe DiStefano, Judy Williams and Tony Roach orient themselves while looking for signs of William's sister, Kelly Catalano, Saturday. Catalano went missing Jan. 15.

ENON - Under a gray sky, a cold wind blew off the gray water of the Appomattox River and across an icy marsh. Under the winter-bare trees of Point of Rocks Park, a scattered half-dozen people trudged up and down the snow-covered ravines, their grim task fittingly reflected by the bleak landscape.
For a few hours on Saturday afternoon, the search for Kelly D. Catalano went on, as family members, friends and a few strangers moved by the Chester woman's mystifying disappearance sought clues despite the fresh snow and low-30s temperatures.

Joseph DiStefano has been bringing his all-terrain vehicle out every weekend since Friday, Jan. 15, when Catalano, 40, was last seen by co-workers at Blue Print Automation Inc. off Ruffin Mill Road.

The day after Catalano disappeared, DiStefano and a friend were hunting for ducks and geese along the nearby Appomattox when they walked into the middle of a search by Chesterfield County Police. "They saw we were carrying guns, so they started asking to see our ID and asking us a lot of questions," he said.

DiStefano didn't know Catalano, but he knows the woods and wetlands along the river. Intrigued by the case, he decided to get involved in the search.

The few facts known about Catalano's disappearance seem puzzling in the extreme.

According to police, she was last seen about 10 a.m. that Friday, when she told fellow employees that she was going for a walk along the edge of the plant property, near the confluence of Swift Creek and the Appomattox.

One co-worker, who asked that his name not be used, told The Progress-Index a few days afterward that Catalano "just took off, with her machine running." Police said a witness told them he saw Catalano "sprint towards the river."

Gina Desimone, a co-worker and friend of Catalano for five years, said at the time that Catalano's clothes and keys were left in her locker. She had not punched a time card and her car remained in the plant's parking lot.

http://progress-index.com/news/rece...nue-search-for-missing-chester-woman-1.617612

Knox I think that is the most recent story, I haven't seen anything else since! I am hoping that with all the landscaping and clearing going on around the Ruffin Mill Road area something will be discovered, hopefully LE has made people in the vicinity aware of the situation, we need a break.

nothing new other than the press release that was posted by Crime Solvers. The family is trying to get in touch with as many people that knew Kelly. Not sure if she had an address book or a book that contained her friends numbers. Maybe they could look at her messages on FB or Myspace to see who her friends were or maybe look at the conversations.

I agree CCweb BUT if you are just going to tell part of the truth, why say anything at all? It gets people to asking questions and when you fumble over your words or won't answer them, you look suspicious. MOST of the things she said about Kelly were negative. We have a missing person here and this is the last place to vent about negative BS between two people. If I wanted to see that, I'd watch soap operas.

Furthermore, we asked many, many questions about Kelly's habits, colors, music, etc etc., she wouldn't answer those. She only wanted us to know things about Kelly that she wanted us to know, not necessarily the good things.

As far as information that was pulled, IF those things are true and she told those things to the police already, that's where it should have stayed. It was none of our business and for some reason she felt that she needed to continue talking bad about a missing person. This missing person has to have someone in her corner because she is not here to defend herself. I wish she was for her sake. I am sure she would have a few choice words for CinV.

Very, very good points.

At first I was so skeptical of this site, but now I'm so glad that there are so many great thinkers brainstorming on this case.

Even if Kelly had bought something from someone, 9 times out of 10, she would want to go look at the product first before buying AND she wouldn't want them coming to her job to deliver it.

Not pointing fingers BUT I remembered reading something interesting in an earlier post from CinV. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94105&page=15 on post #361. I am not saying that she was available the day that Kelly disappeared BUT obviously the day she had posted this comment, she was on during the day but had to work that afternoon/evening. On another website, CinV's mom stated that she had had lunch with CinV the day that Kelly came up missing, she didn't ellaborate after people asked questions. Again, not pointing fingers BUT I just found those particular things interesting.

Exactly. Several posters asked what time they had lunch on January 15, and the mother (who calls herself VA Mom on Topix) never responded--she responded to other things, but not the hour of lunch. And she emphasized that lunch was on the "west side of Richmond"

Well, Richmond, per Google Earth, is 23 miles from Colonial Heights and BPA, and it would take 27 minutes more or less to get there from Touchstone Drive and BPA. Even the west side of Richmond shouldn't take more than about 35 minutes to get to. So there was still plenty of time to do what needed to be done at 10 and get to Richmond on time to meet for lunch. JMHO-AIETO.

I just wonder if it was CIV's interveiw with the police that made them think it was a possible suicide in addition to the journal.

Is her family still in virginia?
I also noticed Joe hasnt been on or any family members which makes me wonder if they were asked not to post.

Yes the family is still in VA.

Nothing would surprise me that CinV would tell the police. If you have seen what she has posted here and on other sites, just think what she would have told the police....probably much, much worse.

I'm not saying that I disagree with the theories that CIV's stories seemed to contradict her own or other people's information about Kelly, but I will say that I remember thinking exactly this when CIV was active on the forums: "She only says what she has to and is purposefully trying not to say too much or reveal too much about her and Kelly." This of course was only in the beginning. Later on, many felt that she said too much or even fabricated/exaggerated the truth (especially on the other site!).
I can understand not wanting to say too much on here. I've been afraid of saying something that will hurt the investigation. Perhaps, CIV felt the same, then later revealed more about Kelly's habits, dates, etc... because we all wanted more info.
Just some angles to consider.

Have you been asked not to say anything ? Not prying:angel:
Have the police spoken to you?
And by use of the word the'' investigition '' what is your impression. I thought there was a search for Kelly and a plea for anyone with information to come forword. I guess what I am getting at here is do you think there is more to the ''investigation'' then the police have implied. Do you think the police really think more to her disappearance than ''suicide''?
I really an excited about your opinion even if you have not talked to the police.

No one ever asked me to not say anything.
I spoke to the detectives a few times. In the beginning because they wanted to know what she seemed like at the yoga class the night before. I also spoke to them later on about looking into people at the gym more. (I encouraged them to do so because I felt that it could be someone she knows from there.) I don't know what came of that.
I personally feel that the "investigation" should be much more thorough.
I'm hoping that she's on Crime Solvers now because they are not so sure about the suicide--being that there is no body.
I hope that this answers your questions. I don't feel that you are prying. Because I tend to ask a lot of questions, I don't mind when people ask me.

been on a hunting trip. i am back now. anything new? anyone want to set up another search? let me know.

Has anyone been able to confirm that the day Kelly disappeared was an important anniversary, or is it just the ex who is saying that?

That is interesting Cookie, wonder what is going on, haven't heard anything on the news today.

Hey Joe , I had thought you decided not to post anymore for some reason. Glad you back. We have not heard anything new at all.Maybe you could update us with whats been going on with family searches and what the thoughts are now when you get a chance?
I hope your hunting trip went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member