VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics of some of Kelly's search crew at that article you linked, Beltingitout! Thank you.

Thanks again also to the searchers -- not only for the search itself, but for keeping Kelly in people's minds. IMO, your participation has done much to keep interest in Kelly's case alive. I am grateful for that, and am certain that Kelly's friends and family feel likewise!

I hope you'll continue to keep us updated!

You're not rambling MBLover! You're asking valid questions and considering all possible scenarios in this case. Anything is possible.

About the keys, I believe that someone with the know how could have made a clay impression of her keys or even made a copy of her keys on the photocopy machine at work rather than taking it off a keychain and going someplace during a break or lunch period. The master copy of her house keys would have the lock brand name and that would make it easy to figure out which keys are which in her keychain.

How about this thought to consider. Have any of Kelly's coworkers ever been to her house for a social event? Such as playing poker, having a cookout or a holiday party. It could also be possible that Kelly had a secret affair with someone from her workplace.

Another thought to consider. When Kelly changed the ownership name on her property tax records, did she made any changes to her will or made any changes to the beneficiary of any kind of insurance that she could have?

It's best to have a wide view in this case and consider all possible scenarios rather than just having horse blinders on and considering only one possible view.

i mean come on. this aint a movie. i understand this is the web but come on. a clay imprint. i guess this talk will go on untill the truth gets out. just frustrated i guess

i mean come on. this aint a movie. i understand this is the web but come on. a clay imprint. i guess this talk will go on untill the truth gets out. just frustrated i guess

I got so intimated that I deleted my posts. :) This, at least on my part, stemmed from the doors being left wide open, which we now know didn't happen.

Yep, we'll keep speculating and thinking, bouncing ideas off each other, you know...kinda what we do here. :)

Thank you for all you have done and continue to do to bring Kelly home.

<sigh> newspapers/media put out so much wrong/unchecked info don't they??

makes it hard to even speculate..

however....this is my "gut" feeling on this case, I usually go for the "simplest" idea/explanation and often that is right...but this case "feels" different

that small industrial park is just not somewhere that a "perp" would likely target...
the odds of finding an attracive woman (potential victim) alone there seem very slim

This has the feel that she was a "target"....

given her lifestyle...could be a guy/stalker/guy rejected by her...a guy angry that she preferred women....a guy who wanted to "change" her or punish her

or....what about a jealous guy?? maybe a guy whose wife/ex/former girlfriend was now a lesbian or "trying out" that lifestyle?? Maybe Kelly had unknowingly met her or involved with her?

or....an ex of her own....to think that lesbians don't have spouse abuse/domestic violence/ even leading to murder is simply naive....love is love, emoitions are emotions

or...what about a "jealous" lesbian, maybe a rival to Kelly?? Maybe Kelly was seeing a woman that the "jealous" one was interested in??

these are the things that come to mind.. this doesn't feel like a crime for monetary gain, nothing stolen, not a carjack,

this doesn't feel random...it sort of feels like Kelly was having a problem with someone, and went out to "confront" them or maybe "settle" the problem...but they had other ideas...bad ideas

I am Back to why Kelly would tell co workers she was going for a walk at 1030 when she had plans to walk at 1130? Was she not trying to keep those plans on purpose?
If anyone knows the answer to these questions I would really love to hear.
Why did Kelly move to North carolina?
Why did Kelly move to virginia ?
Had she ever mentioned moving out of virginia (it is a hard place to leave)
When was her next planned trip home for a visit?
Who is Kelly's closest friend in virginia?

This pretty much seems to rehash most of what we already know, but there were a few snippets of information from co-workers.

http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?action=printpage;topic=7843.0

In reading the articles at the above link, is Gina D. the person that Kelly had met with after the Yoga class? Am I correct in remembering that we didn't know who Kelly met with that night? She is also the one who now says that Kelly's keys were left in her locker.

From the article:

Vigil held for missing Chesterfield woman

CHRIS I. YOUNG TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER
Published: January 21, 2010

*snip*

Gina Desimone, who organized the vigil, said she saw Catalano the night before her disappearance, after a yoga class that Catalano attended.

I wish we could find out for sure where Kelly's keys were, the day she went missing, LE say that she had them with her. Was Kelly close to any female co-workers? Was it her habit to bring lunch to work and did she bring it the day she disappeared? Did the cops use her keys to open her house door?

Hi someone said on topix that there is going to be a search on the 17th. Does anyone know anything about this.

I searched back through posts on this thread and found this:

Post 183
eyeswideopen

we are going out to look wednesday [referring to tomorrow; the post was made on Saturday the 13th], maybe fresh eyes can help. Are there any other location suggestions? This is rediculas. I CAN NOT BELIEVE that she is not on the news. I have told my runner friends to look. Do you think she is another area? I would want the community and the police to look for me. J and his crew is it? She has a ton of friends and co-workers....where is she? uuuggghh

That must be what the Topix poster is referring to.

One other thought, in the article quoted by Mitzi above, it is stated:

Catalano had her car keys and cell phone with her, but her car remained in the company parking lot. Police checked her phone and bank records but saw no activity.

We're all been confused by whether the keys were with Kelly when she left BPA or if she left them behind. Fact is, the car keys could have been taken with her, but she left her separate house keys in her locker. Two sets of keys ... ? That would explain the confusion.

One other thought, in the article quoted by Mitzi above, it is stated:

Catalano had her car keys and cell phone with her, but her car remained in the company parking lot. Police checked her phone and bank records but saw no activity.

We're all been confused by whether the keys were with Kelly when she left BPA or if she left them behind. Fact is, the car keys could have been taken with her, but she left her separate house keys in her locker. Two sets of keys ... ? That would explain the confusion.

That's entirely possible...I know I have two sets of keys...car and everything else. My first hubby made me start doing it because he said it was too much weight on the ignition :crazy: Anyway, it's a habit now. So, I could totally see that happening. I wonder, if that's the case, if she had two separate keychains like me or if she has one of those keychains that links together for two sets of keys? Wouldn't really make a difference, I guess unless you were in the habit of losing your keys on a regular basis. :wave: Anyway, that would help to clear up confusion as to whether she did/didn't have keys with her.

That's entirely possible...I know I have two sets of keys...car and everything else. My first hubby made me start doing it because he said it was too much weight on the ignition :crazy: Anyway, it's a habit now. So, I could totally see that happening. I wonder, if that's the case, if she had two separate keychains like me or if she has one of those keychains that links together for two sets of keys? Wouldn't really make a difference, I guess unless you were in the habit of losing your keys on a regular basis. :wave: Anyway, that would help to clear up confusion as to whether she did/didn't have keys with her.

My ex- used to tell me the same thing about having too many keys on my keychain. He claimed I'd break the car's starter if I didn't lighten the load. I listened and haven't broken a starter yet. :)

I do believe Kelly had two sets of keys, Deep Thinker; makes the most sense.

That solved, I wish we knew where Kelly was. Even a crumb of information would be encouraging. This thread has become very quiet, and I'm certain it's due to the frustration of not having even a clue of what happened to her. I'm hoping that LE has tons of information that we simply are not privy to. One can only hope.

I know other posters have noticed (me too) that there are several disappearances in the area Kelly disappeared. IIRC, Kelly included, there are 4 women and 1 man. I believe at least 2 others are near water. Also, there is a male who disappeared (also near water, his vehicle found running and radio on) in DE, which is across Chesapeake Bay. They've all disappeared within the last month, I believe. While I'm not saying that they are at all connected, it's just weird.

This is a quote from the recent news article posted above. One co-worker, who asked that his name not be used, told The Progress-Index a few days afterward that Catalano "just took off, with her machine running." Police said a witness told them he saw Catalano "sprint towards the river."

Could she see out a window from where she was standing? Was someone coming towards her and she ran? Was she on the phone at the time?

Also, the fear of someone having been in her house? I'm not saying I don't think someone was in her house, but is it possible that she had a medical condition that caused this behavior?

My father had a brain abcess caused by a abcessed tooth. Before they discovered it, his behavior was very odd...and paranoid. Once the abcess was drained, eventually that stopped. Tumors can cause the same symptoms. Had she complained of headaches? Dizzines? Loss of feeling anywhere?

yes, the word "sprint" would indicate a high rate of speed not just a jog, I still haven't heard if anyone saw her down by the river, were there any duckhunters around? What time did she normally go to lunch? I don't know why her co-workers won't answer these questions, we are trying to find Kelly!

yes, the word "sprint" would indicate a high rate of speed not just a jog, I still haven't heard if anyone saw her down by the river, were there any duckhunters around? What time did she normally go to lunch? I don't know why her co-workers won't answer these questions, we are trying to find Kelly!

Coworkers have answered these questions plus many more. Just not here in your fourm. Just because the employees of BPA are not all on here telling YOU what they know does not mean that they are not doing their part. The agencies involved as well as many locals (like joe d) are exploring every possible scenerio (? spelling). I bet only three or four BPA people even know about this site and even then they probably only follow. I am a BPA employee and know for a fact of all that the company has and is doing. Layoff the company and it's employees. Trust me...all information, as small as it may seem, has been given to the proper authorities through the proper channels. Kelly loved BPA and we love her. A great inspiration to alll every day with that smile and happy attitude.

the only reason we are asking questions is to find out what happened to Kelly, if you know the answer please share!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back