VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I first want to say today, April 20th would have been Kelly's 41st birthday. So cheers to you Kelly and all the love and passion for life you left behind..your wonderful family & friends will carry your embrace of life and your legacy on into the future.
Your killer (s) WILL be brought to justice, it's just a matter of time...

(I've read some of the stories of Kelly being the worlds most awesome jokster, via Facebook! lol Make sure someone carries that on for her, she'd love it!!)

Family/friends - - do we know if LE has asked or is currently asking the public for help? Has a tip line been set up at all for anyone who knows anything, saw anything, heard anything, remembered anything, found anything, ie: keys, cell phone, etc...
If not, maybe we could get some assistance from "PIreporter" (Mike) to put something out there and help keep this case alive??

Today is Kelly's 41st birthday and the best birthday present would be if LE could find the person who took her from us.

Happy Birthday Kelly, I love you!

Attachments

• kelly boo wed.bmp
    39.7 KB · Views: 51
  • kell boo wed2.bmp
    30 KB · Views: 40
Today is Kelly's 41st birthday and the best birthday present would be if LE could find the person who took her from us.

Happy Birthday Kelly, I love you!

AnotherNiece: I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!! We are all behind you and your family here. It's just a matter of time, we have to keep the faith and keep believing that.

:balloons::partyguy::birthday_party::propeller: Happy birthday Kelly!

Happy first birthday in Heaven Kelly! Celebrating with the angels - how awesome must that be!!!

I heard CrimeSolvers on the radio yesterday asking for information on the whereabouts or any information regarding Kelly. I wondered why it wasn't updated since she was found. Maybe they believe foul play?

I was just wondering if LE initially tried or has tried since and/or recently calling Kelly's cell to try to get a "ping" from it.

I know the chances are slim because the phone could be anywhere and could be broken, thrown away, in the woods or water somewhere, but on the crazy off chance someone has her phone, has re-charged it, and is maybe using it???

I wonder in the off chance someone does have her phone, say they changed the number but still have the physical phone..would a "ping" still show up? (Guess I just didn't know if "pings" go by the phone number or the physical phone.)

Just thinking ANYTHING is worth trying, right?!

I was just wondering if LE initially tried or has tried since and/or recently calling Kelly's cell to try to get a "ping" from it.

I know the chances are slim because the phone could be anywhere and could be broken, thrown away, in the woods or water somewhere, but on the crazy off chance someone has her phone, has re-charged it, and is maybe using it???

I wonder in the off chance someone does have her phone, say they changed the number but still have the physical phone..would a "ping" still show up? (Guess I just didn't know if "pings" go by the phone number or the physical phone.)

Just thinking ANYTHING is worth trying, right?!

Kelly's phone was shut off by Verizon in March. Verizon has explained to me that there are certain types of phones that the owner has to physically turn the 911 locator on and others that are automatically set when you purchase them. Kellys was one that you have turn the 911 locator on yourself. many people assume that has already been turned on for you and you can choose to turn it off if you wish. I know my LG phone is turned on when I purchased it but my sons samsung phone we had to physically turn on which I didnt know till after Kelly was missing. So they were unable to locate any "pings" because somebody turned Kellys phone off shortly after she was missing (her phone went right to vm)

Kelly's phone was shut off by Verizon in March. Verizon has explained to me that there are certain types of phones that the owner has to physically turn the 911 locator on and others that are automatically set when you purchase them. Kellys was one that you have turn the 911 locator on yourself. many people assume that has already been turned on for you and you can choose to turn it off if you wish. I know my LG phone is turned on when I purchased it but my sons samsung phone we had to physically turn on which I didnt know till after Kelly was missing. So they were unable to locate any "pings" because somebody turned Kellys phone off shortly after she was missing (her phone went right to vm)

Thanks, AnotherNiece.

I didn't realized that someone turned off Kelly's phone after Kelly went missing. I was thinking the phone had lost its charge after a few days. l guess "someone" who turned the phone off could be either Kelly herself or another person.

But honestly, if Kelly were on a mission to enter the water to commit suicide as LE suggests, she most likely would not have taken her phone with her out of BPA in the first place, nor would she be thinking that she needed to turn the phone off. For me, this is just another reason we know that Kelly did not commit suicide but had her life taken from her by another. JMHO

Why Kelly Catalano's death was not a suicide:

1. Body ended up upstream
2. Goggles discovered on the second day of the search in an area that had already been searched
3. Kelly mentioned things were moved around in her home
4. Kelly's mailbox was vandalized; vulgarities written on it
5. Kelly took her car keys and cell phone with her as she ran out of BPA and toward the river; seems she was planning to return to work
6. Kelly left her machine running, as if she planned to return
7. Kelly bought 30 gallons of gas and a volleyball pass and signed up for cooking classes the night before her disappearance; she had future plans
8. Kelly made plans to meet and walk with coworkers at 11:00-11:30 on the day she disappeared
9. Kelly had just gotten a raise
10. Kelly had just bought a new car, which she loved.
11. Kelly reported to others that she was being stalked
12. Water in Swift Creek was shallow; Kelly was athletic and a strong swimmer
13. Body traveled upstream approx 1.5 miles
14. Doors to Kelly's home were found unlocked (after police locked them) following Kelly's disappearance
15. Kelly told coworkers "she'd be right back" or "be back in a minute"
16. She went to work that day. If she planned on suicide, wouldn't she have taken a vacation or sick day and just stayed home?
17. Near date of anniversary
18. Surveillance cam's weren't working at BPA?
19. Shortly after Kelly went missing, someone turned off Kelly's cell phone (which she took with her when she left BPA on the morning of January 15). Who would bring their cell phone with them when they are running to the river to commit suicide and then turn it off before entering the water to end their life? No one.

Please copy the list above, adding your reasons why Kelly did NOT commit suicide and renumbering as you go. Then post to the thread.

Why Kelly Catalano's death was not a suicide:

1. Body ended up upstream
2. Goggles discovered on the second day of the search in an area that had already been searched
3. Kelly mentioned things were moved around in her home
4. Kelly's mailbox was vandalized; vulgarities written on it
5. Kelly took her car keys and cell phone with her as she ran out of BPA and toward the river; seems she was planning to return to work
6. Kelly left her machine running, as if she planned to return
7. Kelly bought 30 gallons of gas and a volleyball pass and signed up for cooking classes the night before her disappearance; she had future plans
8. Kelly made plans to meet and walk with coworkers at 11:00-11:30 on the day she disappeared
9. Kelly had just gotten a raise
10. Kelly had just bought a new car, which she loved.
11. Kelly reported to others that she was being stalked
12. Water in Swift Creek was shallow; Kelly was athletic and a strong swimmer
13. Body traveled upstream approx 1.5 miles
14. Doors to Kelly's home were found unlocked (after police locked them) following Kelly's disappearance
15. Kelly told coworkers "she'd be right back" or "be back in a minute"
16. She went to work that day. If she planned on suicide, wouldn't she have taken a vacation or sick day and just stayed home?
17. Near date of anniversary
18. Surveillance cam's weren't working at BPA?
19. Shortly after Kelly went missing, someone turned off Kelly's cell phone (which she took with her when she left BPA on the morning of January 15). Who would bring their cell phone with them when they are running to the river to commit suicide and then turn it off before entering the water to end one's life? No one.

Please copy the list above, adding your reasons why Kelly did NOT commit suicide and renumbering as you go. Then post to the thread.

In reference to # 11 -
Did Kelly see and/or know who was stalking her?
Was it some X or someone from the past, someone from BPA??
If in fact the family knows who the stalker was, did LE question them thoroughly?
Do we know why this person (s) was stalking Kelly and for how long?

In reference to # 14 -
Did LE finger print any of doors or any part of the house since the house was found unlocked after police locked it up? This would certainly be 1 of many huge red flag indicators of foul play. Was it potentially the person stalking her that broke in and/or had an extra or copied set of keys to try and locate a journal or something potentially in Kelly's house that could indicate them..? (**I read back a few posts ago that when Kelly ran out of BPA Jan 15th, she grabbed her cell and her car keys, but left her house keys behind. If that's correct information, was Kelly's personal set of house keys secured, does the family or LE have those keys now?)

Of course we do not know if LE fingerprinted anything at Kelly's home that day, but somehow, I don't think that happened. Just another facet of the mishandling of her case IMO. Still dumb-founded that LE is not communicating with her family ...

FWIW; I have came across two cases recently where I noticed the ME ruling time frames, both were at the four month mark.

We invite you to celebrate the life of Kelly Diane Catalano with us on Saturday May 15th from 6:30-9:00pm at Clover Hill Assembly of God 12310 Bailey Bridge Rd. Midlothian Va 23112. We invite you to share in refreshments and memories of Kelly... More information to follow.

How wonderful Ambersmock ... Hopefully there will be a video of the celebration that we who are far away, can watch.

A family member spoke to the detective on Kelly's case. He has nothing new just still waiting for ME. Detective didnt have much time to talk because he was just given another murder case

A family member spoke to the detective on Kelly's case. He has nothing new just still waiting for ME. Detective didnt have much time to talk because he was just given another murder case

Waiting has to be one of the most undescribeably difficult things - such a helpless feeling, HOWEVER we hope & pray that when information does start trickling down that someone at some point be rotting in prison for this horrific act against such a beautiful spirit as Kelly. JUSTICE4KELLY!!
Thanks AnotherNiece for the update, that was GREATLY, GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you so much for letting us know Niece. I want to type some words about the Detective's brush-off that I know I would regret later, so instead ... Please know that you and your entire family is on my mind and regardless of the outcome, I will always remember Kelly as a beautiful spirit who left us too soon.

Did the detective really use the term "another murder case"? Believe it or not, that gives me hope in that LE might indeed have doubts about Kelly's case being a suicide--just as Kelly's family and we here at WS have thought all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13