Recovered/Located VA - Lauren Cook, 30, & 3 children 7,5 & 2. Maybe travelling in a blue 2013 Chrysler van, Franklin County, 5 Sept 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They've changed their strategy, over the last two days. Seems the social media campaign hasn't worked out well for them.

Now they have moved on to The Messenger. They must be allowing them to control the message. Do they really think, they can BS the public?

I didn't hear any interviewer in the video. I think it was prerecorded and sent. No way was this live.

LC dressed nice, well spoke, calm, good presentation, but not real.

All my opinion

Good catch!

jmo

Was anyone else triggered by the way she tried to find things the kids “would enjoy doing” rather than did enjoy doing? I could be reading too much into that “interview,” but something isn’t sitting right.

Last edited:
Was anyone else triggered by the way she tried to find things the kids “would enjoy doing” rather than did enjoy doing? I could be reading too much into that “interview,” but something isn’t sitting right.

Nice spot, I didn't notice this!

The word ‘would’ is future conditional, describing something that might happen in the future with a condition, often using the word ’if’. Example: she tried to find things the kids “would enjoy doing” if…

The word ‘would’ is future conditional, describing something that might happen in the future with a condition, often using the word ’if’. Example: she tried to find things the kids “would enjoy doing” if…
Ah…perhaps she has or had some intention of doing “fun” things with the kids to make it more like a vacation so they don’t know they’re on the run, but these things haven’t actually happened.

Ah…perhaps she has or had some intention of doing “fun” things with the kids to make it more like a vacation so they don’t know they’re on the run, but these things haven’t actually happened.
The new photos look like Fairystone State Park. FSP is very close to Ferrum.

Can't have to much fun in public, cost money to do fun stuff, and she can't be seen.

No, they hasn't happened. Empty promises.

All MOO

Last edited:
SBM
Perhaps they're not happy being on the run, which no amount of coercion from mom can hide?
MOO
I would think evading LE is very stressful, add 5 months pregnant, 3 children under 10.

I don't think either thought this through. They surely didn't look at the actual Law, prior to making this decision

If a lawyer did tell her it was OK to leave on vacation with the children, they need to yank their license, if they had all the facts.

This is way bigger and more serious than they thought. I think this will be a federal charge,and anyone who helped her aiding and abetting a fugitive.

Moo,.

Has her car been found? How do we know that she didn't turn off all electronics and go home to some property she has access to and hide? How are she and the kids eating, bathing, sleeping, etc. and where?

How can CPS just take her word for it? They need to see/examine the children.

I don't buy into any of this especially after her supposed lawyer advice.

I don't believe the husband isn't involved either. If he didn't know where they were, he would be much more concerned.

You are not alone with being triggered. This case reminds me of escaping my first husband and being on the run with my children.

Has her car been found? How do we know that she didn't turn off all electronics and go home to some property she has access to and hide? How are she and the kids eating, bathing, sleeping, etc. and where?

I don't believe the husband isn't involved either. If he didn't know where they were, he would be much more concerned.
Don't know if he knows where they are, I do suspect NOT. But I think he knows very well WHY. JMO.

The FCSD is being very quiet, it's a waiting game at this point.

The van was on older, not sure it had electronics.

If she goes home FCSD will know, this is a small town and everyone is looking out for her. We are known to be very nosey neighbors, well about everything. (in the south)

No one knows where she and the children are, how they are eating, if they have shelter. I believe she's quickly running out of money. If she's with friends, how long will they support her? Who will watch the children while she gives birth, what if there is a emergent life threatening event? I'd be worried to death.

CPS will not take her word for it. The charges have been dropped, but can be reinstated. That's not to say that a judge hasn't signed a sealed warrant for her arrest, no one would know.
Moo

Last edited:

If she goes home FCSD will know, this is a small town and everyone is looking out for her. We are known to be very nosey neighbors, well about everything. (in the south)

No one knows where she and the children are, how they are eating, if they have shelter. I believe she's quickly running out of money. If she's with friends, how long will they support her? Who will watch the children while she gives birth, what if there is a emergent life threatening event? I'd be worried to death.

CPS will not take her word for it. The charges have been dropped, but can be reinstated. That's not to say that a judge hasn't signed a sealed warrant for her arrest, no one would know.
Moo
This is all so totally true. And I feel like if all this had been dealt with in a different way no one in FC would have given her a hard time no matter what was going on. They would have just helped her get back on track.

I’m not saying that’s good. Personally I don’t like it there and think there are a lot of crummy situations that are left to fester. But the up side to that is that if you are in trouble and own up to it, you will be given a chance.

So I really don’t believe that the hounds of Baskerville are after this girl. She just needs to go back and work with the authorities.

Moo
I wasn't thinking of her going "home." LE would know almost immediately. I was thinking more of another property that she has access to (relative's property, friend's property, abandoned property, etc.).

As far as electronics, I was thinking of cell phones, tablets, laptops, etc.).

I just happened to think about this case, and wondered if there were any updates. (I've been a bit off-grid for the past few days.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997
Back