VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he waited for trash day, could that be construed as premeditated?
I think she was dead on the 28th, which was two days before trash day. Her being placed in the trash is simply a theory, as it’s entirely possible he took her body elsewhere.

Either way I wouldn’t see it as a sign of premeditation.

Would these charges mean they found her body/concealed? OR that they found evidence of her dead body? because wouldn't him moving the body at any point also add tampering?

Good questions. Maybe it's the same and that's just how VA words it?

I've thought since the beginning she's in that house, so "concealing" could mean that yes, they have found her in a freezer, tote, etc. Also could mean they've found signs of murder/death, but since he's not cooperating and they haven't found her, they can only go with concealing for now?

IMO MOO

I think she was dead on the 28th, which was two days before trash day. Her being placed in the trash is simply a theory, as it’s entirely possible he took her body elsewhere.

Either way I wouldn’t see it as a sign of premeditation.

Ample time to dismember and divide her up for trash pickup :(.

Would these charges mean they found her body/concealed? OR that they found evidence of her dead body? because wouldn't him moving the body at any point also add tampering?
It doesn’t mean they found her body. They typically file charges like this so they are able to hold the suspect, until additional charges are filed. So we may see other charges along those lines, in addition to the more serious murder charge.

The charge they have him on is pretty broad. It could be as simple as there is evidence she was killed in that home, and her body is not where it should be.

§ 18.2-323.02. Prohibition against concealment of dead body; penalty.​

Any person who transports, secretes, conceals or alters a dead body, as defined in § 32.1-249, with malicious intent and to prevent detection of an unlawful act or to prevent the detection of the death or the manner or cause of death is guilty of a Class 6

It doesn’t mean they found her body. They typically file charges like this so they are able to hold the suspect, until additional charges are filed. So we may see other charges along those lines, in addition to the more serious murder charge.

The charge they have him on is pretty broad.

§ 18.2-323.02. Prohibition against concealment of dead body; penalty.​

Any person who transports, secretes, conceals or alters a dead body, as defined in § 32.1-249, with malicious intent and to prevent detection of an unlawful act or to prevent the detection of the death or the manner or cause of death is guilty of a Class 6
Thank you for this! That helps.

MOO but if I had to guess, they found forensic evidence in the house and/or on his phone (thinking of all the past cases where suspects are searching things along the lines of ‘how to dispose of a body’ and ‘can police identify a dismembered body’) indicating Mamta is deceased but did not find the body (yet) and so cannot make an arrest for murder (yet)

In addition to the garage where police were evidently taking photos last night, the house also has a basement based on property records

So far the charge is concealing a body. That does seem to indicate LE found evidence of such a serious injury that the victim could not have survived. (That could be a massive amount of blood and/or pieces of essential organs, for example.) A dead body can't hide itself, which leads to the conclusion that the person living in that house concealed the body. But, they don't have evidence (yet) that he is the one who caused the death. (Prediction: he will claim she killed herself and he disposed of the body in a state of distress.)

jmo

Last edited:
They charged him in J and D court. No records will be available, nor will anyone be allowed in the court room.
No records online for J&D Court and are sealed in VA.
Likewise in my state. If a minor is involved, such as a one-year-old child, this will protect the child.

They charged him in J and D court. No records will be available, nor will anyone be allowed in the court room.
No records online for J&D Court and are sealed in VA.
Damn I didn't know they could do that. I was hoping documents would be easy to find like in the bigsby case. Thanks for the update I learned something jmoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67
Back