VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Ashworth said authorities are pursuing additional leads that "may result in additional charges being brought."

Bhatt was held without bond at the jail. He will be arraigned Friday morning in Prince William Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.

Outside the Bhatt's single-family brick home after noon, police continued hauling out evidence, including large sections of rolled-up carpet.

Just after 2:30 p.m. Thursday, after hauling items out of the Bhatt's home for hours, a forensics van left and an officer began unraveling crime scene tape around the property.

Moo... This was deliberate to conceal information from the public and unusual.
I agree. It’s one thing if you’re talking about protecting a living victim, which is the whole purpose of that court. It’s another thing entirely when the charges are directly linked to a homicide.

There’s no victim to protect here.

I hope there won't be charges for harming the child coming up :(.
If they had any evidence of that, they wouldn’t have waited until this morning to arrest this guy. Friends and neighbors have been keeping an eye on her, and law enforcement was there all last night too.

Its all related to Mamta, and they’re using the domestic element to keep certain evidence away from the public, as it is intertwined with a forthcoming murder charge.

I get why they’re doing it, but I don’t like it.

I’m sorry, the police are having a community meeting (presumably open to the public as Mamta does not have any family in the US) but are excluding reporters???? I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of that before
This is the group that's been searching for her. LE has been meeting with them daily.
Moo

Are investigators still at the residence? Or have they left?

As @TTF14 suggests above also wonder if MKB might still have been hidden in that house? But as time goes on that likelihood decreases. Hope investigators can turn that place upside down. And if she is not there, hope they can recover some video, surveillance, CCTV and other vehicle information on where she might have been taken. MOO

If she was there, they would have the coroner come out. My guess is that she is not there AND they are trying to piece this together bc it is a real possibility that she will not be found.

Not legally; that's not how it works.

They don't seal criminal cases because the victim in question has a child. They were able to do it because of the domestic element, which is still dubious because the victim isn't alive.
There could be, and there are likely, charges related to the child. Hence DR. The affidavits would be sealed, and the right of the local jurisdiction to remove the child from father’s custody would be addressed. There may be discovery related to J/DR charges that pertain to criminal charges against father, but that would ultimately be litigated in PTCs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67
Back