VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AUG 23, 2024
  • Prince William County prosecutor Sarah Sami said investigators found blood spatter in the master bedroom and bathroom.
  • On July 30, the last day that family reported hearing from Mamta, Naresh Bhatt purchased knives.
  • At some point, he also went to a Loudoun County Walmart to buy Lysol and Febreze.
  • Naresh Bhatt’s only words to the court Friday were that he was “not very fluent” in English.
  • Sami pointed out “a number of inconsistent statements” Naresh Bhatt had made about the whereabouts of his wife.
  • Naresh Bhatt originally told LE that his wife was visiting friends “either in Texas or New York."
  • On Aug. 1, her co-workers contacted police after Mamta missed two shifts.
  • Naresh Bhatt was unemployed at the time of Mamta’s disappearance.
Unemployed…he was going to lose the financial support and his meal ticket.

8/23/24

During the execution of the search warrant, investigators said they found the home in disarray. Prosecutors revealed that two days prior, Naresh sold his Tesla. They also noted that the house appeared packed, with a suitcase and passports for both Bhatt and his daughter visible. Additionally, police spoke with two individuals who claimed he had discussed selling his home.

I am very glad LE was able to arrest him before he left the country. And that the toddler is safe and hopefully with carers who have her best interests at heart.

I wonder if he was the only person listed on the mortgage? If they both were, he couldn't have sold the house without Mamta's signature, correct?

My condolences to Mamta's loved ones and friends. I keep thinking about her mom enduring long flights for such a sad reason. I hope Mamta's friends and the many caring strangers in the area can help bring comfort to her in the upcoming days.

Eta: Sending a huge thank you to Mamta's friends and coworkers who insisted on follow-through and investigation. If they hadn't, I am not sure the case would be here as the husband may have been able to convince LE that Mamta left on her own. I applaud her friends and colleagues for pushing for answers. Justice for Mamta.

Last edited:
Do we know which day he was seen buying cleaning supplies?
In case no one has answered, knives on July 30 and cleaning supplies on July 31.

On July 30, investigators say Bhatt was seen at a Walmart buying a pack of three knives, two of which were unaccounted for after the search warrant, according to WJLA. A day later, he was seen at another Walmart location buying cleaning supplies.

AUG 23, 2024
[...]

Prosecutors said there is evidence of pooling blood in the primary bedroom of the home, then blood and blood splatter in the primary bathroom. ... News4 video shows investigators carrying what appears to be large swaths of rolled-up carpet into a Prince William County police van.

[...]

Her cellphone was still active on Aug. 1, the day after Naresh Bhatt told police he last saw his wife. The phone last pinged in Loudoun County, where police say they have video showing Naresh Bhatt at a Walmart purchasing cleaning supplies.

[...]

Friends have started a fundraising effort to keep the baby out of foster care by bringing Mamta Kafle Bhatt’s mother from Nepal to care for the child.

... "We are collecting funds that will be put in a dedicated trust account to care for her daughter.”

[...]

I am very glad LE was able to arrest him before he left the country. And that the toddler is safe and hopefully with carers who have her best interests at heart.

I wonder if he was the only person listed on the mortgage? If they both were, he couldn't have sold the house without Mamta's signature, correct?

My condolences to Mamta's loved ones and friends. I keep thinking about her mom enduring long flights for such a sad reason. I hope Mamta's friends and the many caring strangers in the area can help bring comfort to her in the upcoming days.

Eta: Sending a huge thank you to Mamta's friends and coworkers who insisted on follow-through and investigation. If they hadn't, I am not sure the case would be here as the husband may have been able to convince LE that Mamta left on her own. I applaud her friends and colleagues for pushing for answers. Justice for Mamta.
I looked this up early on, and property records indicated the house was in his name only. Manassas Park City, VA : Residential Property Record Card

Thanks. No surprise as he seems like a controlling spouse.

Doubly glad LE arrested him when they did.
The search warrant was executed in the late afternoon, and we saw him and the baby leave the house the following morning, NB obviously in cuffs. I don't think they kicked him out, so that means that at least some of this crime scene investigation was going on while he was still in the house. Can you imagine his fear at that moment?! He would have heard them talking, known where they were focusing, and there was nothing he could do about it. That makes me happy.

The search warrant was executed in the late afternoon, and we saw him and the baby leave the house the following morning, NB obviously in cuffs. I don't think they kicked him out, so that means that at least some of this crime scene investigation was going on while he was still in the house. Can you imagine his fear at that moment?! He would have heard them talking, known where they were focusing, and there was nothing he could do about it. That makes me happy.

Great point.

I hope he's hating every minute of his life right now.

AUG 23, 2024
  • Prince William County prosecutor Sarah Sami said investigators found blood spatter in the master bedroom and bathroom.
  • On July 30, the last day that family reported hearing from Mamta, Naresh Bhatt purchased knives.
  • At some point, he also went to a Loudoun County Walmart to buy Lysol and Febreze.
  • Naresh Bhatt’s only words to the court Friday were that he was “not very fluent” in English.
  • Sami pointed out “a number of inconsistent statements” Naresh Bhatt had made about the whereabouts of his wife.
  • Naresh Bhatt originally told LE that his wife was visiting friends “either in Texas or New York."

• Texas or New York.

AUG 23, 2024
Texas or New York

Last edited by a moderator:
These cases make me so angry. Was it worth it????

I really hope her family is already safely in the USA or has successfully made plans to come. And that the little miss is allowed to go home with them.

IMO MOO
Agreed 100 %.

And, why do these types think they can get away with it ?

Unemployed…he was going to lose the financial support and his meal ticket.

Sounds like he was a controlling person as well ?
All the while Mamta was providing for them.
Going to speculate : he may have felt humiliated in a twisted way, if Mamta was the sole provider.
Maybe she couldn't do things right in his eyes, no matter what.
Ugh.
Omo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenisaHerdzik