VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live down the street from her house and me and my girl went on vacation and are house was cleaned out wed at 5 pm the cops were here from 7 to 130 am thank god i had family that stood here till they were done and cleaned up i have to give it to the police they really did there job. i think they are working hard on megans case and they will have someone soon

Wow, I'm sorry that happened. I've always felt safe as far as something like that happening here. I wonder if whoever wiped out your house knew you were going to be on vacation?

Wednesday night was Wilson's graduation night. Maybe whoever did it thought that there would be a lot of people out that night because of graduation.

they have one guy locked up . i dont know the guy but a supposed friend is the one who set this up it happened around 5 afternoon and the guy across the street got the car on tape with the plate number i hope i can press charges on the guy who set it up ive lost over $20.000 worth of stuff and im sure we will find theres more gone as time goes on. i will be on this till i get justice and will go to the news if i have to im tierd of these people getting a slap on the wrist . my nephew was staying here and was due home about that time he could of been shot

After two months and no new on any progress on Meghans case and ZERO media reports on progress being made, I'd say PPD has already moved her murder over to their huge cold case file. I see p-town police cars in Suffolk and Chesapeake constantly, maybe if they spent more time in their own city they could get some control of their run away crime problem.
757ptown, I can't help but ask, why didn't your neighbor call the LE when he suspected the car at your house enough to record it on tape? Did he call and LE just didn't have time to get around to responding? I know my sister had someone banging at her door at 3AM one time. She looked through the door hole and did not know the man, he kept banging on the door and wouldn't leave. The PPD showed up 45 minutes later.
If this would have happened elsewhere, the LE would have been asking for help from the public and trying to get any clue they possibly could. It would have been all over the press and the public would have been kept advised of at least some progress of the investigation. I can recall many unsolved murders in P-town over the years, I have zero confidence that they are capable of solving much.

bigMike, I flip flop back and forth as to whether I think PPD will ever arrest and solve this murder. I also wonder how much the family moving out of the area will affect the investigation. Will they put it on a back burner like you said (out of sight out of mind)?

My elderly, widowed mother had a crack head knocking on her door (she was the mother of one of my daughter's friends...she didn't have custody of the daughter but somehow found out where grandma lived) at all hours of the night. The first time my mom went to the door and the woman asked for money for a cab to go see her mom in the hospital. My mom told her she didn't have any money.

Anway, the next time she called the police. They showed up about fifteen minutes after they were called and the woman had already left by then. They seemed to think it was really funny and couldn't help but laugh when they were asking my mom questions.

P-town's finest.

just go ahead and make this a bash the cops thread? Or maybe someone could explain why they wouldnt want to solve it?

Okay, so here's my opinion of the PPD. They are underpaid number one. That makes PPD a training ground. We train them and they move on to other cities that pay more. What's left? The ones the other cities don't want. I shouldn't generalize. I'm sure there are some good people on the force that want to do their job and try very hard with the means they have.

I don't think it's a matter of them not wanting to solve the case; it's a matter of them not being able to.

God knows, I hope they prove me wrong.

pigsticker, I'm not sure if you're a member of the PPD or have someone in your family that is. I apologize for upsetting you. It's just it's hard to sit back and not see any progress. If they have had progress and can't give the specifics, throw us a bone, anything to let us know they're still actively working on this.

I cant be specific but I know for a fact there is work being done on this case everyday.The amount of information that has been collected is enormous and NO stone is being left unturned which is how it should be...Rome wasnt built in one day...Trust me when I tell you the detectives handling this case have not waivered and will not until an arrest is made...

just go ahead and make this a bash the cops thread? Or maybe someone could explain why they wouldnt want to solve it?

pigsticker,
So you're what? A cop? :waitasec:
or someone who's first post here at WS is to cause a stink?:rolleyes:

This thread is full of people showing compassion for a young girl who was murdered 2 months ago.
There has been NO arrest.
There was one POI who was never arrested, who was questioned and released.

Portsmouth is well known for it's crime and much of it is unsolved. Read the VA state statistics.

I cant be specific but I know for a fact there is work being done on this case everyday.The amount of information that has been collected is enormous and NO stone is being left unturned which is how it should be...Rome wasnt built in one day...Trust me when I tell you the detectives handling this case have not waivered and will not until an arrest is made...

That may or may not be true, but the fact that you would come on here, post #2 and state the obvious tells me to question your motives. I don't want to speak for others, but for me, I am here to help. I am here to expose what is wrong in the investigation of this case, to educate others in the event this can be prevented elsewhere, and to get answers and a successful prosecution for Meghan Landowski- why are you?

pigsticker,
So you're what? A cop? :waitasec:
or someone who's first post here at WS is to cause a stink?:rolleyes:

This thread is full of people showing compassion for a young girl who was murdered 2 months ago.
There has been NO arrest.
There was one POI who was never arrested, who was questioned and released.

Portsmouth is well known for it's crime and much of it is unsolved. Read the VA state statistics.

I dont want to get off topic, but Philamena's post was definately fair and deserves response, imo.

bigMike, I flip flop back and forth as to whether I think PPD will ever arrest and solve this murder. I also wonder how much the family moving out of the area will affect the investigation. Will they put it on a back burner like you said (out of sight out of mind)?

My elderly, widowed mother had a crack head knocking on her door (she was the mother of one of my daughter's friends...she didn't have custody of the daughter but somehow found out where grandma lived) at all hours of the night. The first time my mom went to the door and the woman asked for money for a cab to go see her mom in the hospital. My mom told her she didn't have any money.

Anway, the next time she called the police. They showed up about fifteen minutes after they were called and the woman had already left by then. They seemed to think it was really funny and couldn't help but laugh when they were asking my mom questions.

P-town's finest.

Im sorry that happened to your Momma- that is beyond reprehensible.

This is a very long thread, and I don't really know if it has been discussed or not but is there anything on here about the blood evidence and DNA testing? Just wondering because my in-laws live a few blocks from where this happened and from what they say there should have been a lot of DNA evidence. I can't imagine a perp coming out of what they described without some sort of cut or injury.

I haven't heard anything about it. I guess it doesn't mean it wasn't found, just that they haven't said. I would think the person who did this would have blood on their clothes. Either no one noticed or he had somewhere to change clothes.

What I do isnt important...

Show all the compassion you want the fact of the matter is some crimes are harder to solve than others...no witnesses, no ones talking, little to none as far as forensic evidence, adds up to one big mystery. Thats just how it is...The police cant release everything they have to the media or family because thats how rumors start (causing false leads) and could possibly assist the suspect(s).

Every city has unsolved crime...Portsmouth has a major drug problem which is the basis for most crimes that are committed. The majority of Portsmouth murders are drug related and the people involved in "that" world dont talk until they can use the information to help them somehow...ie...getting some kind of charges they have reduced...

That may or may not be true, but the fact that you would come on here, post #2 and state the obvious tells me to question your motives. I don't want to speak for others, but for me, I am here to help. I am here to expose what is wrong in the investigation of this case, to educate others in the event this can be prevented elsewhere, and to get answers and a successful prosecution for Meghan Landowski- why are you?

How much investigative training have you had? How many forensic schools have you been too? How many crimes have you investigated? How many crimes have you prosecuted in a court of law? I havent had time to read all you posts however I am curious as too what you have done to expose whats wrong in the investigation...

What I do isnt important...

Show all the compassion you want the fact of the matter is some crimes are harder to solve than others...no witnesses, no ones talking, little to none as far as forensic evidence, adds up to one big mystery. Thats just how it is...The police cant release everything they have to the media or family because thats how rumors start (causing false leads) and could possibly assist the suspect(s).

Every city has unsolved crime...Portsmouth has a major drug problem which is the basis for most crimes that are committed. The majority of Portsmouth murders are drug related and the people involved in "that" world dont talk until they can use the information to help them somehow...ie...getting some kind of charges they have reduced...

Well, I guess it's easy enough to see that Pigsticker is either a PPD or related to one. Yes indeed, every city does have unsolved murders, JUST NOT AS MANY AS p-Town. I can recall two by name, Anthony Butler and Eljon Woffard. Then through out the years there's many that I can't remember the names of, there was a young lady killed at city park 4th of July years back, there was the Unclaimed Freight executions, the girl that Joe Evans killed where Wilson High stands now and the list just goes on and on. Another fine example of great police work, the Norfolk teacher that was thrown from his car when he wrecked on I264. PPD towed his car that was smashed against the guardrail headed in the wrong direction, but failed to notice his body about 30 feet away. Yes indeed, GREAT police work. If they don't have a clue who killed Meghan then why aren't they in front of the media camera everyday asking for the publics help? Why aren't they warning the public that there is a murderer running loose and they have no clue who it is, so be on your highest alert. Law Enforcement in other areas handle these cases that way and get results. I see two and sometimes three P-town PD cars making a traffic stop on one car. A couple of times the car that has been pulled over had either elderly people in it or a mom with a couple of kids. Yeah, I guess they're hardened criminals there. It's past time for P-town to turn Meghans case over to a department that can actually solve a crime.

Actually, crime wise - Newport News is far worse than Portsmouth. This year Virginia Beach and Chesapeake have had more violent crime than Portsmouth.

If you want to see just how PPD defends itself from being under the microscope, take a look at some of the earlier VA Pilot articles and the comments that were left from some readers. One commenter "Rose" (yes I know her, she lives near me) was actually blasted by what is apparently PPD or relatives. You'd have to go back to the articles and read the comments to believe them. Now apparently these same defenders of the questionable abilities of the P-town PD have found this site.

Look at the unsolved murder cases not just the crime rate. I know I sound down on PPD but it comes with years of seeing the antics of PPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote