Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CAgirlatheart,
Thank you very much for all of your great posts- Im not sure if you mentioned, or are able to (and Im not doubting you), but how did you say how you knew/were related to Meghen? It must be horrible, and if you are one of your peers, you are handling yourself very well. If you are an adult/family member, my heart goes out to you and your family. I cant imagine the pain of having a young, vibrant soul taken from your family at such a young age.
Does LE think that this is the same person who she was due to go to court with the following day? Is that even true? Is/Are your friends and fam. nervous knowing this idiot is out there?

I understand if you are not able to answer such personal questions, and I do appreciate your honesty thus far. You seem so down to earth, I thought I would try and clear some things up- I apologize in advance if I offend you. God Bless :blowkiss: and Welcome to WS!!!!! :)

Don't want to hurt anyone here, but what about her real dad? Wasn't there some connection to him and the military? Is there any way he could have put her in harms way?

Chicogirl, I don't mind the questions at all :) I'll share what I can, but my only reason for joining this website was because after all I read in this thread (speculation and so forth), I thought I could at least disspell the rumors going around and offer what I can when I can (if that makes sense). :)

I'd rather not say how I know the family, but I will say that I'm closer with Meghan's mom than I am her step-father. I've known them both for a while, and no, we are not related. My children are younger than hers, so I take this very personally and would even if I didn't know them. Their family was just so sweet and kind (and still is) and it's aweful that this happened.

Meghan did not have court scheduled the day after she was killed, that is a rumor. All I can say is that the family and friends of Meghan are confident that an arrest will be made in this case, and that the LE is putting all they can into obtaining/processing evidence and building the case.

Rhett: Her father is not involved in this in any way.

Chicogirl, I don't mind the questions at all :) I'll share what I can, but my only reason for joining this website was because after all I read in this thread (speculation and so forth), I thought I could at least disspell the rumors going around and offer what I can when I can (if that makes sense). :)

I'd rather not say how I know the family, but I will say that I'm closer with Meghan's mom than I am her step-father. I've known them both for a while, and no, we are not related. My children are younger than hers, so I take this very personally and would even if I didn't know them. Their family was just so sweet and kind (and still is) and it's aweful that this happened.

Meghan did not have court scheduled the day after she was killed, that is a rumor. All I can say is that the family and friends of Meghan are confident that an arrest will be made in this case, and that the LE is putting all they can into obtaining/processing evidence and building the case.

Thank you for the information that you have provided. This dispells lots of rumors that right from the beginning obviously came from other teens that really didn't know her well and weren't her friends. I am also glad to hear her bio-Dad is in no way involved with this.

Sounds like LE has the perp within there sight, they are just going to make a pretty package so when they arrest him they will have what they need to prosecute this to the fullest.

Nothing to update, just saw this on the WTKR website, I assume it's the same news report they ran last week (5-14-08).

A murder mystery has puzzled Portsmouth police for more than a month and despite the release of some new details, investigators say they are no closer to finding the killer.

32 days ago, 16-year-old Megan Landowski was found dead in her home.

32 days ago, candles began appearing in front of her home on Roberts Court West. The home where her step-father discovered her murdered.

Recently, NewsChannel 3 began receiving emails from neighbors anxious for new information. Some saw police in the neighborhoods and were hoping that meant police were closer to an arrest. Now a search warrant reveals for the first time that Meghan did accuse someone of troubling her in the past. The search warrant, which sources say should have been sealed, mentions a Navy Lieutenant whom Meghan's family knew. His Norfolk home and cars were searched the night of her murder. For the first time, the warrant confirms that this man was targeted as a suspect for the murder and possible indecent liberties with a child because NCIS had investigated him before in regard to some kind of contact with Megan when she was younger. He was never charged.

Police did find child *advertiser censored* on his computer, a girl between 6 and 10-years-old engaged in a sexual act with an adult male. The document did not identify the girl. Again, the man is not charged and the Navy confirms he is reporting to duty as usual.

Because the man hasn't been charged, NewsChannel 3 is not naming that Navy man.

Police are still waiting for the lab work from the murder scene and unfortunately the state lab is very overloaded.

Thanks, CAgirl! :( I wish they had more positive news on the subject...such as an arrest in this case. Hopefully, it will come sooner than later.

There is pictures of a dog with Meghan on her MySpace page. Where was the dog when she was killed? Was the dog harmed or was it even her dog? I haven't heard anything mentioned about it, just wondering.

I haven't heard anything about a dog. I'm sure if there were one harmed it would have leaked already.

Could be two different things. Either the dog wasn't hers or the person that did this was familiar to the dog so there was no reason to harm him (he wasn't a threat).

Every time things get quiet like this (and that's the majority of the time) I get nervous that they won't arrest anyone for this.

I watched a few episodes of Cold Case Files this weekend. It's fact based so it's not one of those shows where they wrap things up in an hour. There was a case in Fredericksburg VA of a woman being murdered. They had DNA from a hair of the person that could have been the murderer. Unfortunately the person that the hair belonged to was a friend of a friend of the victim. That made two suspects. Years later they were able to get enough evidence to arrest and convict the guy who's DNA matched the hair. I realize it's a long process and they need to be sure they have enough concrete evidence before they arrest anyone. It still worries me though.

There is pictures of a dog with Meghan on her MySpace page. Where was the dog when she was killed? Was the dog harmed or was it even her dog? I haven't heard anything mentioned about it, just wondering.

I saw the picture of the dog I think with her mother on her My space page looks like a Chihuahua and they are not quiet dogs sorta yappy. It also crosssed my mind that her brother should have been home before the stepfather the kids from his school get off the bus around 3 pm in my neighborhood which is real close to Meghan's neighborhood. But I'm also glad he didn't find her.

It also crosssed my mind that her brother should have been home before the stepfather the kids from his school get off the bus around 3 pm in my neighborhood which is real close to Meghan's neighborhood. But I'm also glad he didn't find her.

He had an after school event which is why he wasn't home at his usual time. Thank God for small miracles and that he wasn't the one to find his sister.

As for the dog, yes, it is their dog. I can't really comment further on that it because it involves the investigation, but the dog was not harmed in any way.

I guess if there is anything good in all of this it's that Meghan's brother didn't come home his usual time and the dog wasn't harmed.

Thank you CAgirlatheart. I know it's difficult for you but thank you for reassuring us without giving too much information.

Just wondering, did the dog go to the neighbors house with her? If the dog was in the house, I'm pretty sure that dog can be or was used to obtain valuable evidence.

You're welcome Lizzybeth. It's just frustrating at this point because while some evidence makes sense when it's pointed at one specific person, there is other evidence that doesn't "fit" quite right. I'm sure that is why the PPD is taking their time to make sure that their case is airtight before pressing charges against anyone, so that reasonable doubt won't come into play. It doesn't make it any less aggrevating that it is taking this long, but I can understand it (in a way).

I know it's silly but I'm an animal lover and I feel really bad for that little dog. Looking at the pictures of Twinkie (is that the dog's name?) and Meghan it looks like he/she was really loved and loved Meghan. What a horrible thing for that little guy to see. If only the dog could talk.

I know it's silly but I'm an animal lover and I feel really bad for that little dog. Looking at the pictures of Twinkie (is that the dog's name?) and Meghan it looks like he/she was really loved and loved Meghan. What a horrible thing for that little guy to see. If only the dog could talk.

Dogs can talk (not literally). My sister had a dog. When my sister died, the dog could sense she was gone and reacted toward certain people in a different way, I don't know, I can't exactly describe. Living in another state, I didn't really know the dog and he didn't know me. After her death, when I came around, the dog seemed attached to me, like looking for my sister because I looked like her. Less than two years after her death, the dog finally gave up and died. Just a dogs demeanor around certain people and situations say a whole lot.

Oh I have no doubt about your sister's dog. I've seen shows where they claim a dog sniffed out cancer in their owner. I think they're doing studies on that now. If only they spoke our language I'm sure we could learn a lot from them.

I wonder if the dog could "smell" that you were somehow related to your sister and therefore someone that he wanted to be close with?

They definitely have a sense about certain people. My dog loves people but there have been three that he either growled, barked or snipped at. These were people he had never met before so he had to be either smelling something, or getting a feeling that these were people that might harm him or me.

Who knows? Maybe Twinkie is helping find this person.:confused:

He had an after school event which is why he wasn't home at his usual time. Thank God for small miracles and that he wasn't the one to find his sister.

As for the dog, yes, it is their dog. I can't really comment further on that it because it involves the investigation, but the dog was not harmed in any way.
Thanks for answering what you could and yes thank God he didn't find his sister. I bet that little dog did all he could to defend her my friend has a chiahuahua that is her baby and he is very protective of her he gets inbetween her and her other animals or her husband and children better not get to close either he is very protective.

Do you know why her father was excluded from her obituary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Best Online Jewellery Mar