VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard anything about the Lt. that was murdered either? I'm not insinuating that one had anything to do with the other.

I haven't heard anything about the Lt. that was murdered either? I'm not insinuating that one had anything to do with the other.

Haven't heard anything either. If he didn't have anything to do with it, they're keeping his murder hush hush also. What's his name? Lt Hicke, Lt Cox. Navy buddies? Were these two stationed at the same base? Does anyone know? Was her father/stepfather in the Navy?

Lt. Hicke was the one questioned the night of Meghan's murder, and there was a search warrant issued recently because suspected child *advertiser censored* was found on his computer.

Lt. Cox was murdered while walking down the street, someone drove up, got out of the car, and shot him.

There is nothing that I've heard that connects Meghan's murder to that of Lt. Cox.

And yes, Meghan's step father is in the military.

Lt. Hicke was the one questioned the night of Meghan's murder, and there was a search warrant issued recently because suspected child *advertiser censored* was found on his computer.

Lt. Cox was murdered while walking down the street, someone drove up, got out of the car, and shot him.

There is nothing that I've heard that connects Meghan's murder to that of Lt. Cox.

And yes, Meghan's step father is in the military.

Hi CA Girl- Sorry it took so long to reply- you have such great knowledge of this horrible situation and I thank you for being so candid, it must be hard.
Since the step dad is not involved, is he friends with the perv in the Military? Does the family think that its the same as LE does, or are they surprised? I understand if you cant answer. Thanks for being such a kind soul and answering these tough questions- It has been so quiet in the media, its nice to know they are trying. :blowkiss:

Hi CA Girl- Sorry it took so long to reply- you have such great knowledge of this horrible situation and I thank you for being so candid, it must be hard.
Since the step dad is not involved, is he friends with the perv in the Military? Does the family think that its the same as LE does, or are they surprised? I understand if you cant answer. Thanks for being such a kind soul and answering these tough questions- It has been so quiet in the media, its nice to know they are trying. :blowkiss:

It is hard. I really wish an arrest would be made and maybe it would bring a little peace. It's so difficult thinking about my friends having to live through this nightmare, although every day it seems to be better for them (although it will NEVER be the same).

There is a connection with "the perv in the military" but I can't say how.

Blink24 said:
CA- are you able to say where the family is originally from-r where her Bio dad lives?

Mississippi.

When the story broke about Hicke I did a search of his name. One of the sites that came up was about soldiers getting their shots before heading overseas. It said if you needed more information to call Hicke. I wonder if he works in the medical dept. I'm not really too familiar with ranks and what not.

If he did he could have known Meghan from there. She being a military dependent would probably use the medical facilities of the Navy.

I guess if Meghan's biological dad hadn't really played a role in her life that could be a reason for not including him in the obit. Of course I would still think that they would unless they weren't on good terms with him. Just wondering. I know nothing about the family other than what's been reported.

It is hard. I really wish an arrest would be made and maybe it would bring a little peace. It's so difficult thinking about my friends having to live through this nightmare, although every day it seems to be better for them (although it will NEVER be the same).

There is a connection with "the perv in the military" but I can't say how.

Mississippi.

William Dean Landowski?

The news article listed Hicke as a LTjg which is a Junior LT. so maybe he is coreman the equivalent of a RN in the civilian world. And your right LB maybe that is how he met Meghan or maybe he worked with step-dad and they were friends. Of course I don't know for sure just guessing.

I found his name in a couple of other military sites. They were all medical. One being in Lamoore CA. Of course none of this means anything. Just talking out loud here.

I found his name in a couple of other military sites. They were all medical. One being in Lamoore CA. Of course none of this means anything. Just talking out loud here.

We're listening LB- talk away!

Blink34 - I don't know if that is his name or not. He's never come up in conversations, so I don't even know his first name. It's always been 'ex-husband'.

<P>In Loving memory of those who have gone on before us.&nbsp; Prayers and Blessings to Meghan's family and all others who have lost loved ones on this Memorial Day.&nbsp; God Bless you All!</P>

It is disturbing to me that the local media has already just dropped Meghan off the map and nothing is being said about her case at all. Portsmouth PD is known to have a huge cold case file and it upsets me that to think that now Meghans case is heading to that file. Maybe I'm a worrier, but I just think this is every parents worst nightmare to have their child killed in the one place where they should always feel safe.

It is disturbing to me that the local media has already just dropped Meghan off the map and nothing is being said about her case at all. Portsmouth PD is known to have a huge cold case file and it upsets me that to think that now Meghans case is heading to that file. Maybe I'm a worrier, but I just think this is every parents worst nightmare to have their child killed in the one place where they should always feel safe.

It is so sorrowful. This memorial day has brought to mind so many who have lost their lives, either in war or in murder. You just wonder how much is being done to correct all of these events.These are correctable events IMO.

maybe this will be the week we hear an arrest has been made & this little angel's spirit can finally rest.

hopefully, investigators know the culprit & are putting the evidence together with a cherry on top.

I agree and with school soon out for summer and parents working a lot of children will be home alone (including mine part of day anyway). We still don't know if this was a random act of violence in what i consider a very safe neighborhood. Has the POI been released? anybody heard anything?

Unless children attend private school, public schools here won't be out until June 12. ;)

Bigmike: ITA with you. However I will say that although news of Meghan's murder hasn't been reported in the news, the PPD is in constant contact with the family. I believe they are working this as much as they can to get a resolution. It seems to help, although I keep hoping for an arrest too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Best Online Jewellery Mar