GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What amazes me the most is that you think this boy is guilty. I have read and watch all the news that is being leaked about the case. The police is leaking to much information to the press and the people of Portsmouth are just eating this crap up. I lived there and I know both of the kids. I know Emily and she didn’t have to tell anyone anything she wasn’t involved in this and the people who are saying she was there just needs to shut their mouth. This has become a black and white issue and if I was Robert’s attorney I would have the case moved out of Portsmouth because what I have read makes me think that there aren’t 12 capable people to judge this case because everyone is still talking about this.
The beautiful thing about this country is that we are innocent until proven guilty except if you are a black person then you are guilty until proven innocent. Yes, we did elect a black president but Virginia hasn’t changed that much which is why I would never raise my black daughter there. I am of mixed background and people still looked at me like I didn‘t belong there. My parents raised me to look beyond color but Portsmouth hasn’t done that.
I have family there my friend was killed 2 weeks ago and the Portsmouth police really aren’t looking into that case. I know that because of all the information that was given to the police. The car that the people were in that killed him was in the same neighborhood last week, and he was a black guy. So personally you people need to let this child get a fair trial. I am so sorry for Meghan’s mom no parent should lose their child. No parent should have to bury their child. I also feel for Robert’s mother because of all of this. No Robert isn’t a violent person. He didn’t get mad easily and I don’t think that he did it. However,[ifhe did do it then he should serve his time. I think that people need to let the courts deal with it and they need to take care of your own families because anything can happen at anytime. Meghan’s death should prove that we need to live our lives to the fullest and enjoy every moment. Because tomorrow is not promised to anyone. Let the court sort this mess out.
Also I don't care what you people think about this post because you don't live my life. I am an open minded person and I look for the truth. I don't listen or believe every thing I read or hear in the news. I believe that the news is just a bunch of crap that they use to fill up a time slot on cable channels.

You have NO IDEA about what the Portsmouth Police Department is doing with this case. Do you really think that what you hear on the news is all there is to it? I sure hope not. It's pretty sad that you think this case has been turned into a black/white issue. As far as I know, that has never been an issue (and I know more than you think). I'm glad that you "look for the truth", but you don't have it. You have exactly what you've gotten from the media, which is little to none! Please tell me what this forum has to do with Robert Barnes getting a fair trial? I didn't realize that we could convict people on an internet forum. Wouldn't that be cool!
I am sorry to hear about your friend, but what gives you the right to down the investigators handling your friend's death? How do you know that nothing is being done? Do you work for the department? Are you there everyday with the investigator handling the case? You're not. Until you have been put in an investigator's shoes and have to deal with the stress of ANY police officer's job and duties, don't put them down.
One more thing, you apparently read at least some of the posts on this forum. So far, the posts here have been neutral. Why would you post something like this unless you were trying to get something stirred up?

I think the Portsmouth Police Detectives (and other agencies) have done a great job with this case. What is put out to the media is just what the Police what the public to know....not everything in case...that would be stupid!

Color has nothing to do with this case. Police just don't arrest people (of any color) because they THINK they committed a crime. There is that little thing called "EVIDENCE" that proves a person is guilty.

I think the Portsmouth Police Detectives (and other agencies) have done a great job with this case. What is put out to the media is just what the Police what the public to know....not everything in case...that would be stupid!

Color has nothing to do with this case. Police just don't arrest people (of any color) because they THINK they committed a crime. There is that little thing called "EVIDENCE" that proves a person is guilty.

Exactly

I have to admit that I was one of the ones that was getting frustrated with the PPD at the beginning of this case. I now realize that the lack of information being given to the media and the time it took might have been because it was a seventeen year old that was suspected. As I said before I think they wanted to be positively sure that Robert was the one (I know, innocent until proven guilty) before they arrested him or leaked any information concerning suspicision of him.

Wow! There are racist sights on the net in reference to this case. Vulgar, ignorant stuff, but WS is not one of them. Snow Angel, you may want to check out the Robert Barnes Facebook page if you're looking for racist. I have no idea who those people are, but apparently they have no idea what life is all about. It makes me wonder if these are adults raising children? Ugh! I believe when this case is presented to the court, a lot of mouths will drop. As for the media, that's their job. The more they beef stuff up, the higher the ratings, the more they get paid. I know it hurts to see a young man behind bars, but all we can do is pray for the young man, his family, and meghan's family and friends. And in the process, we must continue to teach obedience in our own homes while we are praying and waiting. We must set rules, be consistant, and be an example for our children to follow. I have heard about the PPD being racist, but that's not something I would blurt out to my child, because it is not a fact.

Wow! There are racist sights on the net in reference to this case. Vulgar, ignorant stuff, but WS is not one of them. Snow Angel, you may want to check out the Robert Barnes Facebook page if you're looking for racist. I have no idea who those people are, but apparently they have no idea what life is all about. It makes me wonder if these are adults raising children? Ugh! I believe when this case is presented to the court, a lot of mouths will drop. As for the media, that's their job. The more they beef stuff up, the higher the ratings, the more they get paid. I know it hurts to see a young man behind bars, but all we can do is pray for the young man, his family, and meghan's family and friends. And in the process, we must continue to teach obedience in our own homes while we are praying and waiting. We must set rules, be consistant, and be an example for our children to follow. I have heard about the PPD being racist, but that's not something I would blurt out to my child, because it is not a fact.

The PPD has no reason to be racist especially with this case. It is simply a matter of evidence and I think the evidence (in this case) will solve everything....and yes when everything is presented in court, I think a lot of people are going to be very shocked.

I agree, that sometimes the media does "fluff" things up a bit. I have not seen the facebook page but I did see his my space page (before it was deleted) and it was very strange (and scary). The song on one of his videos was "it's too late to apologize" which just made me sick.

I think there are things that noone knows about this boy (not even Ms. Emily).....such as hidden desires...hidden "quirks" that only he knew about. This would explain his actions that day and the reason why noone ever seen this side of him and that is why noone can believe that he could do something like this. JMO

I know a lot more than you think I do.

Again I know more than you think I do. I honestly think that until all the information is out no one knows anything it is one sided. You cannot know what completely happened unless you were there. It doesn't matter what you or I think the point is that he has the right to a trial.

The PPD has no reason to be racist especially with this case. It is simply a matter of evidence and I think the evidence (in this case) will solve everything....and yes when everything is presented in court, I think a lot of people are going to be very shocked.

I agree, that sometimes the media does "fluff" things up a bit. I have not seen the facebook page but I did see his my space page (before it was deleted) and it was very strange (and scary). The song on one of his videos was "it's too late to apologize" which just made me sick.

I think there are things that noone knows about this boy (not even Ms. Emily).....such as hidden desires...hidden "quirks" that only he knew about. This would explain his actions that day and the reason why noone ever seen this side of him and that is why noone can believe that he could do something like this. JMO

It's not just in Virginia. no one has a reason to be racist it is taught. If you don't think that their are racist people in the PPD then you have to be kidding yourself. Just because it isn't in your face it is there. I hate racist people whether it is a cop or an average joe. I believe that no matter if Meghan was black and Robert was white I would still be saying the same thing. There are black racist cops also. I just know that race is going to be used you can read it. Unfortunatly it is the way people think just when I start reading about this case on You tube someone posted this n***** boy killed a poor ole white girl. No one said this girl was killed and they have a person in custody. I mean yeah I would love to see race not being played but realistically it isn't going to be that way. MSNMeghan no matter what side of the table you are on you have to see it. I am not saying here on WS but the general talk. The way I feel is Meghan should be here to face Robert and that is my opinion however she isn't and that sucks. But I feel that there are two lives lost. If he is guilty his life is over as well. I did see his my space page. I have see his facebook and there are ignorant people all over the world.

I have to admit that I was one of the ones that was getting frustrated with the PPD at the beginning of this case. I now realize that the lack of information being given to the media and the time it took might have been because it was a seventeen year old that was suspected. As I said before I think they wanted to be positively sure that Robert was the one (I know, innocent until proven guilty) before they arrested him or leaked any information concerning suspicision of him.

Actually they leaked a lot of information. Just like no one knows what is going on with that Navy guy. You have no idea if he was there also. However the Navy doesn't have to release there findings to the public.

Well, I don't know that the PPD leaked the information that we have that may not have been printed in the media (which isn't very much if you ask me). I think that might have been people in the neighborhood or possibly even just plain old gossip.

We've discussed the Navy guy and the lack of information as to what is going to happen to him since he was found with child *advertiser censored*. I initially thought that he had paid someone to kill Meghan to keep from losing his career. I even thought that possibly his wife had done it. From reading what others have posted that know about military cases, that's par for the course for military investigations. No information gets leaked. His alibi was a little more believable than Robert's (I think it was stated they had proof that he was at work at the time of her murder).

I'm not sure how you KNOW so much more than the rest of us. Either you're related to Robert (and believe his alibi because you love him) or you work in some capacity where you get inside information. I have a feelings it's that you know Robert and it's difficult to believe he would be capable of something like this. That's understandable.

Either way, as I've said before, the truth will come out in the trial. If Robert is innocent then so be it. I hope they are able to find out who really killed Meghan. If he's guilty then he deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison and I hope he thinks about every day the life he took and the life he threw away.

It's not just in Virginia. no one has a reason to be racist it is taught. If you don't think that their are racist people in the PPD then you have to be kidding yourself. Just because it isn't in your face it is there. I hate racist people whether it is a cop or an average joe. I believe that no matter if Meghan was black and Robert was white I would still be saying the same thing. There are black racist cops also. I just know that race is going to be used you can read it. Unfortunatly it is the way people think just when I start reading about this case on You tube someone posted this n***** boy killed a poor ole white girl. No one said this girl was killed and they have a person in custody. I mean yeah I would love to see race not being played but realistically it isn't going to be that way. MSNMeghan no matter what side of the table you are on you have to see it. I am not saying here on WS but the general talk. The way I feel is Meghan should be here to face Robert and that is my opinion however she isn't and that sucks. But I feel that there are two lives lost. If he is guilty his life is over as well. I did see his my space page. I have see his facebook and there are ignorant people all over the world.
(above bolded by me)

AK,

I really tried to ignore your posts in the beginning, but they are almost ALL related to racism. I see that you are a new member, and maybe you arent familiar with all of the posts and the way WS has supported this case. If you start reading from the beginning, you will see obviously we first thought it was the Navy perv. No one bashed him until we found out he was a molester/child *advertiser censored* owner, and then, IMO, he became fair game.

When some thought PPD wasn't doing their job, we asked questions, sent letters, the locals held vigils and a peace walk, her dance troupe and friends have had several fundraisers and banners in her memory, there is a memorial tree planted in her honor (IIRC), etc. We didnt bash them. We didnt turn this forum into a negative thread- we kept it positive.

The forum is for Meghan, not for negative rants regarding the case. When PPD announced that they had a suspect and Robert was arrested, this forum still kept it real and didnt go there. I dont recall one racist post regarding Robert or the fact that their relationship/frienship was bi-racial. He has an odd facebook and MS page. We commented on it, but nothing racially about it AT ALL!

Not ONE word was said until you came and stirred the pot. WHY?? I understand you have strong feelings regarding Robert's involvement in this. It is obvious. I only ask you respectfully that you dont make everything into a black/white issue. You say that you dont, yet if you look back at your posts, maybe you will check yourself. I agreed to disagree with you last week, but please dont bring you racial views on this forum. If you look around, WS really isnt about 'bashing' people. That is why it is moderated so stictly. Maybe it would help you to read the TOS? Maybe you can start a new one on Robert Barnes and the injustice you feel he is receiving? I just respectfully ask you to leave it off of Meghan's forum. Her family reads here and doesnt need to see all of this BS- Peace and TIA

(above bolded by me)

AK,

I really tried to ignore your posts in the beginning, but they are almost ALL related to racism. I see that you are a new member, and maybe you arent familiar with all of the posts and the way WS has supported this case. If you start reading from the beginning, you will see obviously we first thought it was the Navy perv. No one bashed him until we found out he was a molester/child *advertiser censored* owner, and then, IMO, he became fair game.

When some thought PPD wasn't doing their job, we asked questions, sent letters, the locals held vigils and a peace walk, her dance troupe and friends have had several fundraisers and banners in her memory, there is a memorial tree planted in her honor (IIRC), etc. We didnt bash them. We didnt turn this forum into a negative thread- we kept it positive.

The forum is for Meghan, not for negative rants regarding the case. When PPD announced that they had a suspect and Robert was arrested, this forum still kept it real and didnt go there. I dont recall one racist post regarding Robert or the fact that their relationship/frienship was bi-racial. He has an odd facebook and MS page. We commented on it, but nothing racially about it AT ALL!

Not ONE word was said until you came and stirred the pot. WHY?? I understand you have strong feelings regarding Robert's involvement in this. It is obvious. I only ask you respectfully that you dont make everything into a black/white issue. You say that you dont, yet if you look back at your posts, maybe you will check yourself. I agreed to disagree with you last week, but please dont bring you racial views on this forum. If you look around, WS really isnt about 'bashing' people. That is why it is moderated so stictly. Maybe it would help you to read the TOS? Maybe you can start a new one on Robert Barnes and the injustice you feel he is receiving? I just respectfully ask you to leave it off of Meghan's forum. Her family reads here and doesnt need to see all of this BS- Peace and TIA

Chicogirl,
Thank you! I just logged on after being away for awhile and was offended by the repeated racial allegations. At no time has anyone bashed anyone here...even the perv LT. These discussions have always been even keeled conversations about the merits of the case.

AK, I'm sorry that you feel this way. I think that racism is horrible but the anger you convey is just as wrong. The only way to rid the world of racism is thru education & understanding...this comes only from open communication.

Actually they leaked a lot of information. Just like no one knows what is going on with that Navy guy. You have no idea if he was there also. However the Navy doesn't have to release there findings to the public.

There is another side to this case that noone has even seen. NCIS was involved (and still is) involved with Meghan's case. Don't you think if they found his DNA at that crime scene that he would be behind bars also??? Like I said before....it's all about the evidence.

There is another side to this case that noone has even seen. NCIS was involved (and still is) involved with Meghan's case. Don't you think if they found his DNA at that crime scene that he would be behind bars also??? Like I said before....it's all about the evidence.

Yeah but I still think the Navy guy has more information. and no he wouldn't be in a jail. I am sure they are waiting on other things. This may not have been the first time they have been investaging him. You and I have no idea what is going on with the Navy guy. They brought him in more than twice. I they don't have to the NCIS is not binded by the laws outside of the military. No, his story is a little far fetched but again he has a right to say whatever he wants.

Chico,
you can think what you want and believe what you want. but I am going to say what I want about this case. I will not say that all the answer will come out in court because I don't think they are going to leave it open the whole time too many people are going to try to be there.

Well, I don't know that the PPD leaked the information that we have that may not have been printed in the media (which isn't very much if you ask me). I think that might have been people in the neighborhood or possibly even just plain old gossip.

We've discussed the Navy guy and the lack of information as to what is going to happen to him since he was found with child *advertiser censored*. I initially thought that he had paid someone to kill Meghan to keep from losing his career. I even thought that possibly his wife had done it. From reading what others have posted that know about military cases, that's par for the course for military investigations. No information gets leaked. His alibi was a little more believable than Robert's (I think it was stated they had proof that he was at work at the time of her murder).

I'm not sure how you KNOW so much more than the rest of us. Either you're related to Robert (and believe his alibi because you love him) or you work in some capacity where you get inside information. I have a feelings it's that you know Robert and it's difficult to believe he would be capable of something like this. That's understandable.

Either way, as I've said before, the truth will come out in the trial. If Robert is innocent then so be it. I hope they are able to find out who really killed Meghan. If he's guilty then he deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison and I hope he thinks about every day the life he took and the life he threw away.

If he is guilty he will have no choice but to think about it. but its not his judgement here on earth he will worry about. I work in the field. I have seen innocent men and women go to jail for things that they didn't do.

Snowangel,

Every since you posted, you have mentioned portrayed nothing but anger against everyone's opinion on this forum. Although it seems that you would love to see this become a black & white issue, no matter how much you want it to be, it isn't. It will never be and there are tons of forums that address Meghan/Robert as b/w. You may share your views there.

On this forum, we want to see justice for Meghan. Were we glad to see that Robert was the one taken into custody? No and for the pure fact that he had alot going for him. He apparently is a talented young man, in fact the P-town community was actually quite shocked.

All evidence points to Robert and if you had read all the previous post and links, then you will see it is true.

Just so you know, while i value everyone's opinion on WS, even when I disagree, I still think they add merit to the discussion, yours however adds nothing but hostility.

And to prove to you that you clearly have not done your research on the prejudice of P-town. Have you checked out our City Council lately?

Mayor James W. Holley III - Uh Black
Vice Mayor Paul R. Riddick -uh he's black too
Ports City Mgr Kenneth Chandler -uh oh, there's another black man
Councilwoman Elizabeth Psimas - ah, there is your justification, she's white!
Councilman Charles B Whitehurst - yet again, he's black

So you see Snowangel, before you go around calling our city abunch of racist, you might just want to check out our cities gov't. We actually voted for the people in our gov't. Gee that says alot about how much of a bigot we are.

Don't expect another reply from me re: your post as I choose to only read those who actually give merit to the discussion.

Yeah but I still think the Navy guy has more information. and no he wouldn't be in a jail. I am sure they are waiting on other things. This may not have been the first time they have been investaging him. You and I have no idea what is going on with the Navy guy. They brought him in more than twice. I they don't have to the NCIS is not binded by the laws outside of the military. No, his story is a little far fetched but again he has a right to say whatever he wants.

There is only one story that I think is "farfetched".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dane_Fall
Back