GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Happy Valentine's Day Meghan...We love you and miss you dearly. :blowkiss:

Yesterday, coming home from work, there was a black car in front of me. On the back windshield, in hot pink letters, was "RIP Meghan Landowski". It had her date of birth,death and then said something about dancing circles in Heaven.

It made me smile thinking of that little sweetheart dancing. While I didn't know her, she looked so tiny in her pictures. I thought of the the Elton John song, Tiny Dancer.

I'm sure there are a lot of people smiling in Heaven because of her dancing and her infectious smile.

Yesterday, coming home from work, there was a black car in front of me. On the back windshield, in hot pink letters, was "RIP Meghan Landowski". It had her date of birth,death and then said something about dancing circles in Heaven.

It made me smile thinking of that little sweetheart dancing. While I didn't know her, she looked so tiny in her pictures. I thought of the the Elton John song, Tiny Dancer.

I'm sure there are a lot of people smiling in Heaven because of her dancing and her infectious smile.

Your quote made me cry Lizzy- I couldn't have said it better. Thank you and RIP Meghan!!

Thanks, Lizzybeth...I just saw the update in the Pilot also. It's almost a year now...hard to believe how time moves on. Two young people who should have been thinking about nothing more serious than moving on to their senior year of High School. Such a shame.

My prayers go out for Meghan's family. These new charges have to be a relief to the family...if Robert is convicted he will be off the streets for the rest of his life.

Looks like justice will be served for Meghan. :angel:

AMEN! ;)

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but in his picture on pilotonline, it appears that he's got a smirk on his face. I know that was taken the day he was adjudicated, so maybe some other inmate has wiped that smirk away. Sorry, just had to vent! My prayers are with the family!!!

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/02/portsmouth-police-seek-more-data-teenage-girls-slaying

I wonder if Robert discussed Meghan's death before or after he was arrested (since it's been said that he was using a computer at the detention center)?

If he discussed it before I'm surprised it took so long before he was arrested.

Thanks for the link Lizzy :blowkiss:- You have been here form the beginning and would know better than I, but when did he use the computers at the detention center? We may have already discussed this, but my cases are starting to get confusing :confused::confused: TOO MUCH BAD NEWS AND TOO MANY MISSING/KILLED GIRLS!!!!!!!

Anyways, if they did have computer access at the jail, wouldnt that automatically be proned to being monitored/searched, and een admissable as evidence if something incriminating was said? If so, I cant believe he would be so dumb to implicate himself though the jail's computer system.

I guess that shows us a glimpse into the mentality of Mr Barnes, IMHO. :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Thnaks again LB- I wonder how they had DNA evidence to show hw held her aginst her will? I'm not a CSI, so anything is possible, I guess. The article did make me sad when I saw her big, bright smile in that pic- It is widely used, and ine if my faves.

Hopefully these new charges will help put the last nails in his coffin. :bang:

Thnaks again LB- I wonder how they had DNA evidence to show hw held her aginst her will? I'm not a CSI, so anything is possible, I guess. The article did make me sad when I saw her big, bright smile in that pic- It is widely used, and ine if my faves.

Hopefully these new charges will help put the last nails in his coffin. :bang:

Could be skin they found under her nails and the DNA has now come back to match Robert would that prove that he was holding her against her will.

Could be skin they found under her nails and the DNA has now come back to match Robert would that prove that he was holding her against her will.

I think if a person is bound then that is considered holding someone against their will. I read an earlier article that said her arms were bound behind her back. I think Meghan would have put up a good fight but she couldn't.

The article also said that they found DNA samples upstairs. Then why was she killed downstairs? According to what I have heard, going from one location to another is considered abduction. :waitasec:

AMEN! ;)

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but in his picture on pilotonline, it appears that he's got a smirk on his face. ... SNIPPED

lizzybeth: thanks for the links, i appreciate you locals keeping us informed.

gator: that pic makes me ill! furthermore, i am disgusted every time i see his smirky mug next to meghan's picture. i think it's disrespectful to have the victim pictured next to the killer (alleged of course, but i am damned sure the cops are damned sure he's guilty). i would prefer only one of their photos accompany an article or at least have his smaller & further down the column.... twice i have emailed the writers of articles there (copied to the editor, publisher & every other addy i could find) to complain about it..... no reponse from any of them but then i am not a subscriber... just a freeloader on their website. arrrggh!

I think if a person is bound then that is considered holding someone against their will. I read an earlier article that said her arms were bound behind her back. I think Meghan would have put up a good fight but she couldn't.

The article also said that they found DNA samples upstairs. Then why was she killed downstairs? According to what I have heard, going from one location to another is considered abduction. :waitasec:
Ok now i understand . Thanks

It appears that if they had enough DNA evidence to upgrade the charges, then they probably have a REALLY good case against Mr. Barnes. :D

Hmmmm Robert went thru a bedroom window to gain entry I assume this was the a downstairs window and they also have bloody footprints that should show only two people were there no third mask man.

Hmmmm Robert went thru a bedroom window to gain entry I assume this was the a downstairs window and they also have bloody footprints that should show only two people were there no third mask man.
I think that one of the newspaper articles indicated that it was a downstairs window that he went thru. I also would assume that the additional DNA evidence that was used at the Grand Jury last week would have indicated if the "masked man" actually existed...there would have been no way for him (the masked man) to have been there & not leave some type of DNA behind.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back