GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My theory is that Robert was upstairs in her room. When she went into her room (for whatever reason), he then tried to have his way with her (remember her under garments were found in her room). I feel like she got away from him and was able to get downstairs. I think she grabbed the knife to stop him (hence the reason the LE was looking at local hospitals for hand wounds around that time plus that would explain his DNA at the site) and then he got pissed and grabbed the knife from her, then he duct taped her and still tried to get his way, but she might have been kicking him, so he got so pissed her started to stab her repeatedly.

Just my 2 cents.

Wouldn't it have been difficult to enter through an upstairs bedroom. I was thinking he entered a downstairs bedroom; forced Meghan upstairs to her room. She was able to escape for a minute and that's why she was found downstairs.

I don't even like to theorize about what happened. It's so upsetting.

It just makes me sick to even think about what happened to her....helpless and defenseless. Did he hate her that bad to kill her....for what?? Was she an easy target?

I don't think his rape charge would have been as much as his murder charge.

It appears that if they had enough DNA evidence to upgrade the charges, then they probably have a REALLY good case against Mr. Barnes. :D

Hmmmm Robert went thru a bedroom window to gain entry I assume this was the a downstairs window and they also have bloody footprints that should show only two people were there no third mask man.

I think that one of the newspaper articles indicated that it was a downstairs window that he went thru. I also would assume that the additional DNA evidence that was used at the Grand Jury last week would have indicated if the "masked man" actually existed...there would have been no way for him (the masked man) to have been there & not leave some type of DNA behind.

My theory is that Robert was upstairs in her room. When she went into her room (for whatever reason), he then tried to have his way with her (remember her under garments were found in her room). I feel like she got away from him and was able to get downstairs. I think she grabbed the knife to stop him (hence the reason the LE was looking at local hospitals for hand wounds around that time plus that would explain his DNA at the site) and then he got pissed and grabbed the knife from her, then he duct taped her and still tried to get his way, but she might have been kicking him, so he got so pissed her started to stab her repeatedly.

Just my 2 cents.

Wouldn't it have been difficult to enter through an upstairs bedroom. I was thinking he entered a downstairs bedroom; forced Meghan upstairs to her room. She was able to escape for a minute and that's why she was found downstairs.

I don't even like to theorize about what happened. It's so upsetting.

It just makes me sick to even think about what happened to her....helpless and defenseless. Did he hate her that bad to kill her....for what?? Was she an easy target?

I don't think his rape charge would have been as much as his murder charge.

Sorry for such a long post, but you all have been in Meghan's corner form the beginning and are all on the same page :clap::clap:. You are all smart, and your quotes all point to one OBVIOUS thing:

Meghan DID NOT want to have sex with Mr Barnes and he was NOT an invited guest into her home this day. Maybe in the past, but NOT this day!! I hope a jury puts these peices together. Yes, I am curious as to what their plans were that afternoon, but I do NOT believe that anything sexual was on the agenda. In his mind maybe, but definitely NOT Meghans, IMO.

Mybe they were going to colaborate on music or dancing together? There are endless possibilities?????

Chicogirl36, I'm sorry I didn't answer your previous question about when Robert was able to use the computer. I'm not sure I completely understood the question. I'm guessing that maybe the minors are allowed to use the computers for classes or something(?) Or do they allow them use for correspondence? I don't know.

Sorry for such a long post, but you all have been in Meghan's corner form the beginning and are all on the same page :clap::clap:. You are all smart, and your quotes all point to one OBVIOUS thing:

Meghan DID NOT want to have sex with Mr Barnes and he was NOT an invited guest into her home this day. Maybe in the past, but NOT this day!! I hope a jury puts these peices together. Yes, I am curious as to what their plans were that afternoon, but I do NOT believe that anything sexual was on the agenda. In his mind maybe, but definitely NOT Meghans, IMO.

Mybe they were going to colaborate on music or dancing together? There are endless possibilities?????

I don't think Meghan knew he was coming over at all otherwise he would have come through the front door instead of the bedroom window.

We need to constantly keep the lines of communication open to our children, especially our young women. We need to constantly remind our young women that although they may see young men in an emotional sense, that young man only sees her in a physical sense. We need to keep it real because there are too many rapes and other crimes being committed by people with only one thing on their mind. My daughter might get angry when I question her, but eventually she gives in and it makes communicating a little better each time. Every time I think of this case, it just sickens me. Both these children seemed to have so much potential and a bright future ahead.

We need to constantly keep the lines of communication open to our children, especially our young women. We need to constantly remind our young women that although they may see young men in an emotional sense, that young man only sees her in a physical sense. We need to keep it real because there are too many rapes and other crimes being committed by people with only one thing on their mind. My daughter might get angry when I question her, but eventually she gives in and it makes communicating a little better each time. Every time I think of this case, it just sickens me. Both these children seemed to have so much potential and a bright future ahead.

I had just read an news article about this very thing here is a link

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/02/090216-bikinis-women-men-objects.html

Wow! Thanks jeepgirlva for the article. Now we need to get on a mission to teach this to our young women and men because they are too valuable to self destruct. My heart goes out to all of them, especially the two families in this case.

I must respectfully disagree with the part I underlined and bolded. If you read the National Geographic article, it says:

"Sexy women in bikinis really do inspire some men to see them as objects, according to a new study of male behavior.

Brain scans revealed that when men are shown pictures of scantily clad women, the region of the brain associated with tool use lights up."

As the mother of three daughters, I teach them to respect themselves and present themselves as intelligent, strong, and capable. All three are beautiful (and that's not just motherly pride), but I don't ever want them to feel that their value as people merely lies in their looks. When a female somehow comes to the conclusion that her value lies merely in her "sexiness", that is when a male views her as an object.

There are many fine young men out there who would never even dream of raping a woman. To teach a young woman "that young man only sees her in a physical sense" is doing young people of both sexes a great disservice.

Just my two cents. :rolleyes:

I agree elsie-eye. I won't go into detail, but that can make some girls grow up with an unnatural sense of fear around men. It makes it really difficult dating and having a normal relationship. There's nothing wrong with making our girls aware that they need to be careful, but making them think that every boy is thinking about how he can get them to have sex with them isn't the right way to go.

sorry if the message came across to you the wrong way. True, a girl should not be afaid of dating/communicating with the opposite sex. My daughter was taught that just as she has female friends, she's also allowed to have male friends, and if they're really friends, they will be open with her and her family and respect who she is. It's all about respect, not a sexual relationship. We tell her all the time about giving and recieving respect. First and foremost, she has to respect herself by the way she dresses (she goes to the beach and wears a bathing suit), the things she does and the things she says. But either way, we as parents have to take up that issue with our own. And back to the subject at hand, has anyone heard anymore about the case?

I agree with that jerseygirl123. I'm sure Meghan's parents made her aware of these things. Especially since she had problems with the Navy guy. I think Robert had so many people fooled, no one would have ever thought him capable of something like this. Or else Meghan had no idea he was coming over her house when no one else was home (or both).

I have no doubt that Meghan's parents made her aware...they are good people and involved, caring parents.

When the papers described Meghan as an "All American Girl", they really hit the nail on the head. She was a nice kid, with good parents who cared about her wellbeing and kept her involved in positive activities such as dance and karate. Just a regular girl-next-door.

Further, Meghan was a tiny little thing who looked very young for her age...I don't believe I ever saw her wear make-up except for her dance pictures...and she didn't dress in a "sexy" or even "grown up" way. I would find it very hard to believe she led anyone on, let alone Robert, or acted in a way that would cause her to be seen as an "object" (per the National Geographic article). We'll probably never know what went on inside that boy's head.

The trial date has been set....September 14, 2009. I don't think Mr. Barnes has a chance at trial.

I think a lot of questions will be answered during the trial.

JUSTICE FOR MEGHAN!!

I have no doubt that Meghan's parents made her aware...they are good people and involved, caring parents.

When the papers described Meghan as an "All American Girl", they really hit the nail on the head. She was a nice kid, with good parents who cared about her wellbeing and kept her involved in positive activities such as dance and karate. Just a regular girl-next-door.

Further, Meghan was a tiny little thing who looked very young for her age...I don't believe I ever saw her wear make-up except for her dance pictures...and she didn't dress in a "sexy" or even "grown up" way. I would find it very hard to believe she led anyone on, let alone Robert, or acted in a way that would cause her to be seen as an "object" (per the National Geographic article). We'll probably never know what went on inside that boy's head.

There are some guys that a girl doesn't dare even be friendly with without the guy thinking the girl has the hots for him. Maybe because she was friendly with this kid and they had things in common he got the wrong idea. Especially if he has a big ego. I don't know but it is a guess that this guy just totally had the wrong idea about Meghan. If so, he didn't have the good sense to realize that if she had wanted him to come over she would have invited him. I think he went there to have sex with Meghan and when she fought him it ended in her death. I believe he is guilty now even though I questioned it for quite a while. Sounds like he let his hormones rule his brain.

Found this information....LTJG Robert Hicke has been arrested! :clap:

Case Details
Case Number:
CR09001081-00 Filed:
04/01/2009 Commenced by:
Direct Indictment Locality:
COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant:
HICKE, ROBERT ALLEN Sex:
Male Race:
White Caucasian DOB:
03/01/****
Address:
NORFOLK VA 23505
Charge:
POSS CHILD *advertiser censored* Code Section:
18.2-374.1:1 Charge Type:
Felony Class:

Offense Date:
05/08/2008

I am relatively new to this thread - I didn't know the connection between this guy and the victim. I knew that they were looking into this guy for the murder, but was he a family friend? Did he have access to the child when she was little? This is terrible - I pray for this family, apparently first this, then the terrible crime. Let's hope they can get justice on both counts.

As far as I know it's never been said what relationship he had with Meghan or her family. The only connection I can see is that her step-father (and I hate calling him that because from everything I've read he was a real father to Meghan). I've googled "Lt. Robert Hicke" and some of the information I found made me believe that he might work at the Naval Hospital (one item concerned shots needed before heading overseas). Meghan's step-father is also in the Navy. ???????

I heard the news about Hicke this morning. It made me mad that they said he was still on active duty. A pedophile being allowed to continue working with the military? I guess they wait until he's convicted.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dane_Fall
Back