GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great News about Hicke Msnmegn~ :woohoo::woohoo:

Hopefully Meghan is SMILING down as justice has FINALLY been served!!

I still wonder what took so long?? I hope he pays EXTRA for Meghan's sake.

I've googled "Lt. Robert Hicke" and some of the information I found made me believe that he might work at the Naval Hospital (one item concerned shots needed before heading overseas). Meghan's step-father is also in the Navy. ???????

I heard the news about Hicke this morning. It made me mad that they said he was still on active duty. A pedophile being allowed to continue working with the military? I guess they wait until he's convicted.

JMO

Had a moment this morning to look around the Internet and a few Navy-related resources, and found that is/was a corpsman named Robert A. Hicke. In 1999, HM1(SW) Robert A. Hicke was stationed aboard USS Mount Whitney, which is a homeported out of Norfolk.

For those not familiar with Navy rank, an HM1 is an enlisted rank, not an officer rank...an HM is a corpsman, which is like a medic.

So, here is the question: Are there two Robert A. Hicke's floating around the Hampton Roads area or did HM1 Hicke become a mustang (i.e., an enlisted sailor who becomes an officer)?

If there are two, how awful for the uninvolved Robert Hicke!!

And...USASearch seems to think there is only one Robert A. Hicke who has a current or former address in Norfolk...and used to live in IL, which is one of the Homes of Record listed for the corpsman Hicke. He's 38. Probably the same person.

Norfolk , VA
Youngstown , OH
Laurel , MD
Alexandria , VA
Washington , DC
Great Lakes , IL
Oak Forest , IL

Tomorrow is the anniversary of Meghan's murder. I just want Meghan's family to know how much they are in my thoughts & prayers...especially tomorrow...

Happy Angelversary Meghan....we love you and miss you so much! :blowkiss:

I miss her smile and her laughter. She may have been a small girl but she had a heart bigger than she was.

Meghan,

I want to tell ya up in heaven what great parents and friends you have. (As if you dont know that). You all have shown such love and support for her, you have shown perfect strangers (like me) what a beautiful and talented young girl she was.

You are truly an angel from above and Im glad I have gotten to know so much about you- You will be vindicated!!!! :blowkiss::blowkiss:

Was just thinking about Meghan and wondered if anyone had posted recently. This is the longest time between posts. :-(

Was just thinking about Meghan and wondered if anyone had posted recently. This is the longest time between posts. :-(

The people who bought Meghan's house cut down the tree in the front yard. Meghan loved that tree.

That house just isn't the same...but it will always be Meghan's house.

We love you and miss you Meghan :blowkiss:

I didn't realize anyone had bought the house msnmegn. It is sad that they cut down the tree but I understand about them wanting to make it their home. I hope her parents have planted a tree at their new home for Meghan. Once the rain stops I want to go to Pinecrest and check on the tree they planted for her there.

I agree elsie-eye. I won't go into detail, but that can make some girls grow up with an unnatural sense of fear around men. It makes it really difficult dating and having a normal relationship. There's nothing wrong with making our girls aware that they need to be careful, but making them think that every boy is thinking about how he can get them to have sex with them isn't the right way to go.

My father always told me that when I look at a man or boy I like or find attractive - I usually think about holding his hand, going on dates and being in a relationship with him, he was right. Then he told me when that boy/man looks at me most times he is thinking about kissing me and other intimate things and that images of me as his girlfriend or holding my hand do not come into play until much later if at all, and that I need to understand men and women are different. So to always approach with caution and understanding about what I am doing, saying or going.

He was and is right.

I didn't realize anyone had bought the house msnmegn. It is sad that they cut down the tree but I understand about them wanting to make it their home. I hope her parents have planted a tree at their new home for Meghan. Once the rain stops I want to go to Pinecrest and check on the tree they planted for her there.

Lizzybeth-we noticed that the house was for sale for the longest time and then someone else moved in. We know Meghan's neighbors really well and it upset some of them because of the situation but they understand they want to make it their own. I know that her family has planted several trees at their new home (one on earth day and one on her Angelversary date) and flower bushes for Meghan (pink of course).

I can understand the sadness of the neighbors regarding Meghan's house. But, I also think it is unhealthy to think of the house as some sort of shrine. The house is not Meghan and we don't need it in order to remember her. She's in our hearts.

Meghan's last moments on earth were in that house and they were horrendous...it's good that a new family was openminded and brave enough to move in and make it their own. Hopefully, it is full of happiness and laughter once more. That is truly the best gift you could give in Meghan's memory.

Just my 2 cents.

I can understand the sadness of the neighbors regarding Meghan's house. But, I also think it is unhealthy to think of the house as some sort of shrine. The house is not Meghan and we don't need it in order to remember her. She's in our hearts.

Meghan's last moments on earth were in that house and they were horrendous...it's good that a new family was openminded and brave enough to move in and make it their own. Hopefully, it is full of happiness and laughter once more. That is truly the best gift you could give in Meghan's memory.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree that the house should not be a shrine and I don't think it is....but it is hard to look at that house and not see Meghan and to imagine what happened to her there. Her neighbors loved her and her family so much and still keep in touch. They know Meghan is not there and she lives on in their hearts...it is just hard to accept some things.

Just bumpin for Meghan :blowkiss:

You are loved sweet angel!!!

Any locals hear anything on either jerk? TIA

Just bumpin for Meghan :blowkiss:

You are loved sweet angel!!!

Any locals hear anything on either jerk? TIA

Ahhh!!! No I haven't read anything about the case in while Robert's still in jail and hope the Navy Lt is in the brig...

Ahhh!!! No I haven't read anything about the case in while Robert's still in jail and hope the Navy Lt is in the brig...
Well the hearing for the CP case (for the LT) is set for July 8th. Can't really release any of the other details yet because they are still waiting on paperwork to be signed. Will keep you posted as information can be released.

Well the hearing for the CP case (for the LT) is set for July 8th. Can't really release any of the other details yet because they are still waiting on paperwork to be signed. Will keep you posted as information can be released.

Bumpin for Meghan, and patiently waiting to see if you have any info you can share with us? Im dying to hear!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry it took so long....well Mr. Hicke's hearing has been continued until September 14th...how weird that Meghan's trial date starts then. I think he just wanted to stay out of jail a little bit longer. What is there to prepare for?? They found cp on his computer.....that has GUILTY written all over it!! I'm surprised he hasn't pulled the "it's not my computer" out of the hat yet. I guess that is next.

There is more to this story but can't be released until after this hearing. You know how the Navy is about their dirty laundry (Robert Hicke). Trust me...he is hating life and rethinking about what he did to Meghan. I am confident that Meghan will make sure that he gets what he derserves.

The memorial walk will still take place this year probably the weekend before both trials start. She may be gone but she is never forgotten. :angel:

Thank you. I was wondering if there was going to be a memorial walk this year. Unless something unexpected happens I'll be there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back