GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Murder investigations of this length aren't unusual, 22-year detective veteran Westerbeck said. She praised the investigators' skills.
"Can I say for sure we're going to solve this case? No," she said, but she added that she is "confident that they are very good at what they do."

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/09/police-again-seek-help-slaying-portsmouth-teen

Why would she even say that there's a possibility they will never solve this crime?:confused: Even if in her heart she doesn't think they will she shouldn't tell the public that. Geez.

I'd love to chat with Det. Jan Westerbeck ..... have her expound on "groups", learn what has been going on with the investigation & why there have been no official statements by law enforcement. A child murdered in her home in a quiet neighborhood, should have caused quite a demand to identify the killer by neighbors, parents, school & other goverment officials, yadayadayada....... I don't understand the way this has been handled.

Before now, I have supressed my urge to mention the reward..... $3000 & $1000 seem measley amounts. Even adding a zero to each, is a pitifully small amount in exchange for taking a violent, perverted child killer off the street. Why haven't there been benefits to raise more $$$ ? Her dance school could have a special recital, church youth group could have car wash, bake sale, something! ... I may take it upon myself to call around for corporate contributions.

To conform to WS guidelines, we should take the discussion of meeting at the memorial walk to messages..... lizzy & CAgirl, the 3 of us need to contact the others lizzy mentioned & invite them to join us...... anyone else interested please message one of us..... ( i hope that's kosher to say here.)
I live in the neighborhood and want to walk too but I don't know how to message

Snipped

Oh, Websleuths has taught me that it is OK to love someone you never knew in real life - sometimes, that can be the most important love of all - the love of knowing one's "potential".

I know exactly what you mean. There are so many children that have been lost or murdered that I feel a bond with after reading about them and following their cases. Trenton Duckett will always have a special place in my heart.

I live in the neighborhood and want to walk too but I don't know how to message

jeepgirlva, I think I sent you a msg. tonight. I sent so many I'm not sure. If not let me know. All you have to do is click on the poster's name. A drop down box will appear. Scroll down to "private messages" and then from there it will have options of sending a msg. , etc.

OK - I am feeling a bit more positive now - the police are currently reinterviewing a lot of people and taking dna tests.

I find it interesting that in one article (the one I posted) it gives her cause of death. In others dated later, it says that police aren't giving out the cause of death. Well it's out there now.

I'll be at the walk along side Meghan's parents.

I guess this is okay to put on the public forum. I think maybe we could all meet at TowneBank. It's on the corner of Portsmouth Blvd. and Hodges Ferry Road. It's right in the parking lot of the strip mall that has Dance Explosion (where the walk will start). That way if we see someone standing around TowneBank we'll know it's a fellow WS'r.

Is that okay with everyone?

ETA: Bring as many people with you as you can. I would love to see a huge turnout in honor of Meghan and to let the city know that we haven't forgotten and we're not going to forget.

I guess this is okay to put on the public forum. I think maybe we could all meet at TowneBank. It's on the corner of Portsmouth Blvd. and Hodges Ferry Road. It's right in the parking lot of the strip mall that has Dance Explosion (where the walk will start). That way if we see someone standing around TowneBank we'll know it's a fellow WS'r.

Is that okay with everyone?

ETA: Bring as many people with you as you can. I would love to see a huge turnout in honor of Meghan and to let the city know that we haven't forgotten and we're not going to forget.

Good luck and I wanted to let you y'all know I am with you in spirit. :dance: Thank you for inviting me, and I would be there if I was closer- In a heartbeat. Meghan deserves justice, and thanks to y'all, its a start to hopefully much more.

Im glad to read the articles and it re-assures me a little that they havent forgot her. Maybe our letters and emails got some attention? You never know. Odd how now they are finally revealing some things publicly. Im very hopeful and maybe this is all a big sign from Meghan. Hopefully with angels like her helping to guide everyone in right direction, her killer will be caught soon. :angel::angel:

Thank you all who is meeting for Meghan.May her tree grow plentiful and hearty. Be careful and GOOD LUCK :blowkiss:

Hello everyone,

I watched a very disturbing episode of Oprah last night. (on DVR) You would not believe the level of child abuse and molestation that is happening in our country. The amount of child *advertiser censored* that is shown on the internet is devastating. From infants, toddlers and on up....they are being fondled, rapped and so much more and these sick people pass pictures and videos of themselves doing it all over the internet. They even have literature on how to teach a child to do certain sexual acts to an adult, there is literature on teaching an adult certain things they can do to children. Using pacifiers, pencils and on and on. There was even one case of a new born baby that still had the umbilical cord on its belly and that child was being molested. The Oprah show was very graphic, more so than I can be in these words. I am writing all of this hoping that all of you will be just as bothered by this as I am. There is a software that has been developed that can search all of these predators out and direct the police right to their homes. The problem is, there is not enough funding to provide the man power. There is only 2% of these cases being searched out because of the lack of funding. What we can do! It is so easy. Go to www.Oprah.com and look for the link located in the lower left hand side of the webpage. It says "Most Popular" and right underneath is the link "Help Pass and Protect our Children". Click that link, then go to www.senate.gov link that is provided, enter in the state of Virginia, and you will see our Senator information. Simply click the senator link and email them. A sample letter I have copied below. All you have to do is fill in the info. copy and paste in the letter and hit send. By doing this we can all help to pass an act that will allow more federal funding so that more than 2% of these sick people can be caught and put away. Think of the children that this is happening to! It is so easy and only takes a minute. Pass this on to all of your friends. The deadline is September 26th so please don't wait. Do it now!

Sample letter that Oprah Show provided is here with my modifications. Feel free to cut and paste and modifiy it to what you would like to say. I sent mine to both Webb and Warner...please send yours now. It only takes all of 5 minutes to send to both of them.

Dear Senator:

I know that you believe, like I do, that we must do everything possible to protect children from sexual predators. That is why I am asking for your help.

Last year alone, U.S. law enforcement identified over 300,000 criminals who were trafficking in movies and pictures of young children being raped and tortured. One that hits close to home is the Meghan Landowski case where a 16 year old girl had to appear in court before a Navy soldier who molested her. Ironically, the day before she was to appear in court, she was brutally stabbed to death in what should have been the safety of her own home. Experts say that one in every three of these criminals has local child victims. Child *advertiser censored* trafficking over the Internet has given us a trail of evidence that leads straight to their doorsteps, but the vast majority of these children will never be rescued because investigators are overwhelmed, outnumbered and underfunded.

As your constituent, I urge you to do everything in your power to pass the PROTECT Our Children Act (S. 1738, Biden-Hatch). This bipartisan legislation passed the House 415-2, but it is now the victim of petty partisan politics.

Now that we know where these children are and how to protect them, there is no excuse for the Senate to fail to take action this session.

(Your name here)

Personally, I look at the release of this information as positive. God willing SOMEONE will remember something now...or the person will make a mistake...or the records of treatment will show up.

JUSTICE FOR MEGHAN!

OMG- IIRC, this is the first time I have seen the media/LE release that there was someone else's DNA present. I remember asking about local hospitals, but it sounds like lil Meghen put up a h**l of a fight. Im proud if her. God Bless her soul. :blowkiss: what a trooper!

PS- Gayle, I saw that same Oprah show and would like to thank you for posting the letter to the senate. I will definitely send it out daily and do my part to see that no predators hurt our children anymore!!!! :furious::furious:

In case you didn't know, WAVY 10 has an interview with Meghan's mom and step dad. It originally aired at 6 but will be on again at 10 (Fox) and the 11:00 broadcast.

It's heartbreaking.

In case you didn't know, WAVY 10 has an interview with Meghan's mom and step dad. It originally aired at 6 but will be on again at 10 (Fox) and the 11:00 broadcast.

It's heartbreaking.

I'm sorry to bother you ca girl, but do you have a link? I'm at work, and they monitor us too close sometimes:crazy:

Thanks, I cant wait to see them!!

Chicogirl :blowkiss:

I just watched the WAVY interview with the Shorts..... as heart-wrenching, emotional half hour as I ever remember. What a brave couple ... speaking through immense pain & loss. God bless them, their family, friends & supporters as Meghan's life is celebrated at the Memorial Walk. My plans were interrupted at the last minute & I will not be able to attend, but will be there in spirit. I am proud that other Websleuthers will be participating....hope you'll snap some pics & report back to us here.

I went to the Dance Explosion and made a donation to the memorial fund for Meghan (didn't bother with the raffle tickets). Waited around until about 9:30 then moved my bike over near the bank and waited about fifteen minutes more. I didn't notice anyone else near the bank other than a lady in a red car waiting for some other people. There was another guy on a burgundy and silver bike that either knew the PPD there or was just talking with them. When I left a crowd of about 100 to 150 had shown up, I hope more showed up after I left. I cannot walk very far due to a leg and hip injury so I didn't walk myself and left before the walk started to leave the shopping area. I hope it went well. If any of the other WSers were there, I didn't see them. My bike is black and loud if you noticed a guy sitting on the bike near the bank, that was me. I hope the walk gets the attention and maybe the attention will get justice for Meghan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back