GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sounds like the guy in the service had motive to want to get rid of Meagan.
If the other charges had been brought against him and he was booted out of the service he would lose everything. He no doubt couldn't have afforded that. So had he raped Meagan before?

A peer...male...could have been upset at Meagan for some unknown reason and planned to go over to her house after school. Maybe she was afraid of the person and that is why she wanted someone to go home with her or her go home with someone. I believe that that happened...as her friends said.
When she went over to the neighbors she probably would have acted normal and also when she talked to her mom. Teens are more open with their friends.
If she was afraid of someone I wish she had told someone who that person was.

Was there forced entry to her home? As far as the killer being cut...did LE check the kids at school to see if any of them had cuts? They could have talked to teachers and the principal or even just walked the halls at the school checking kids out. Same with the service guy. Did he have any cuts after the murder? Checking out the teens and the service guy would have been pretty easy. Someone in that town was running around with bandages or bandaids probably on his arms and cuts on his hands. LE could have had the teachers hold the kids in their rooms for a period or two and several detectives/cops could have walked through each room and looked at every kid's arms and hands. That way the kids would be ruled out or the guilty one would have been taken to the station. Was Meagan stabbed to death?

I sure hope the killer is caught soon. Sounds like there are several unsolved murders in Portsmouth. A young man in 2007 and case is un-resolved. The Lt.
murder is still unsolved and now Meagan. There are probably more.

Bobbisangel,
Good morning. Some of these things I don't know as fact but I've "heard" so take it for what it's worth.

I don't think that I ever heard that Meghan had been raped, molested maybe, but not raped. I agree with you that the Navy guy had a lot to lose if Meghan testified and he was found guilty. So would his wife.

As far as I know there was no forced entry into Meghan's home. I don't know if that's because she knew the person and let them in or maybe they didn't keep their door locked. I don't think that would be all that unusual in that neighborhood in the daytime.

I have heard that yes, she was stabbed to death. Also someone said that the remarks about her being scared to go home were untrue. From the friends that I saw at the memorial walk, there were a lot of people that loved Meghan and I feel like if she had been frightened and wanted to go home with someone then she could have.

I don't know if LE checked the kids at school for cuts or not. At the beginning they might not have known that the blood came from someone other than Meghan. Still it's probably something they look for no matter what.

I spoke with someone that should know and this person said that the detectives working on the case are just as upset that they haven't arrested anyone for this yet. They really want to solve this. I just hope they can.

I would think the military officer has been cleared of her murder since they would be able to get dna from him...I heard that they had interviewed students from school and hopefully they looked for signs of a laceration or injury during the interviews.

Couple of things...the young lady that reported that Meghan was scared and wanted to go home with her had never been seen before by Meghan's mom! This young lady clearly was looking for her 15 seconds of fame. Meghan had a normal day the day she was murdered...her mom dropped her off and Meghan came home, called her mom & then ran next door to borrow a box of Mac & Cheese (her favorite)...what happened between that & when her stepdad found her is still unknown.

Yes, both the Navy LT & his wife stood to lose everything. He has 4 children and his wife was running an in house daycare. He would lose his retirement, gone to the brig & been dishonorably discharged. I'm not sure that he has been completely cleared in Meghan's case but he has enough pending charges to keep him in jail/the brig for a VERY, VERY long time :behindbar. Hopefully he will still be charged with Meghan's molestation. And no he didn't rape her.

Meghan will NEVER be forgotten by her friends & family. The Portsmouth PD & NCIS are working very hard (a big THANK YOU!!!) and are not as incompetent as the news media would like you to think. If this list is thinking it out loud...I trust that they are also thinking along the same lines. I am confident that this case will be solved. I think everyone is exhausting all leads and making sure that they have an unbeatable case against the perp.

Until this person is caught, I will keep Meghan's family & the men & women working this case in my thoughts & prayers!

Welcome to Websleuths Gatorgirl! :blowkiss:
I hope you started in the archives and read the first thread on Meghan, and you will clearly see that she hasn't and NEVER will be forgotten. In fact, here ya go~ It brings back lots of memories. She was a darling girl.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63350

Have we said something that has offended you by chance? :waitasec:
Did you know Meghan?

Thank You Chicogirl! I am very familiar with the case. I have been reading the posts here for a while and thought it was time to make one of my own! It just bothers me a bit when I read posts that say things like LE has forgotten Meghan. I can most certainly tell you that is EXACTLY the opposite of the truth! She was a beautiful girl with a wonderful family and I pray for them everyday. I wish everyone a great week!

I'm glad to hear that LE is on top of this case. I wonder if they have taken a good look at the wife of the service man? It just seems that him and his wife had the most to lose and the strongest motive to kill her.

Will the charges for the molestation still go to trial as Meagan won't be there to testify against the service man? I know that he has a right to face his accuser as they say. There is a case right now that is the same as this one except the girl was killed in a car accident and can't be there to testify. They are trying to figure out if they can still go ahead with the charges. Some of you may be familiar with the case.

It's so hard to believe that a person would go into a home in the middle of the day and murder anyone! The killer would have known that the parents wouldn't be home at that time of day. My money is on the serviceman or his wife as they are the only ones known to have a huge motive for the murder of Meagan. There is the possibility that they hired someone to do the job for them too. That way they would have firm alibis. I hope LE checked the couples bank statements for any large amount of money taken out around that time. I would imagine they have checked bank accounts and phone records too. They are probably miles ahead of us. I hope they are anyway.

Bobbisangel,

I've always thought (once they said the Navy Lt. had a solid alibi) that he may have hired someone to do this.

I can go back and look for the link if you want (it was in one of the newspaper articles) that LE did check his bank statements.

It's horrible to think this guy and his wife had four children on their own, and then the wife had a daycare; from what was found on his computer, he's a pedophile.

I guess it's just too hard for me to believe that there could have been anyone else out there that would want to harm Meghan.

WOW Ladies and gentlemen,
Great work on the updates and sleuthing :clap::clap: I live in CA and dont hear a thing about her case on my news, but I am so HAPPY :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:to hear that the noose is tightening!!

Bobbiesangel, Good thought process on the wife. You are right, she would have a LOT to loose with 4 kids. I sure hope she isn't watching kids in her home anymore after her pervo hubby had the internet *advertiser censored*. YUCK!!:eek:

I wonder if it was child *advertiser censored* or adult *advertiser censored* on the guys computer? If it was child *advertiser censored* why hasn't he been arrested. They always make an arrest right away when a person has child *advertiser censored* on their computer. I wonder if he was ever there with the children that his wife was watching? Did he ever offer to
take the little ones to the potty? I hope that every one of those little ones have been checked out. I wonder if LE shut the DayCare down?

What are the bigwigs in his branch of the service doing about all of this...sitting around with their thumbs up their butts?

I wonder how Meagan even met this service man? I also wonder just how old he is. I guess if he married young and had four kids in a row he could still be fairly young. I had four kids by the time I was 26 yrs. I hope his own kids have been checked out because there is a good chance that they have been molested too.

This guy needs to be behind bars.

I'm going to try and answer some of your questions by memory. I started to look for the links but I didn't realize just how long the thread is for Meghan. It's possible all of this is on the first thread.

It's my understanding the *advertiser censored* on his computer was child *advertiser censored*. I can't understand why we haven't heard about his arrest for that. Maybe the military is handling it and they usually keep things pretty quiet.

I googled the Lt.'s name after the media gave it. I could be wrong but it looks like he may work at the Naval Hospital or something in the medical field. Meghan's step-dad is Navy (someone correct me if that isn't right) and I think her biological father may have been in some branch of the military also. Maybe Meghan met this man through health care. I don't know.

All of this is just my opinion until I have time to go back and find the links.

I'm going to try and answer some of your questions by memory. I started to look for the links but I didn't realize just how long the thread is for Meghan. It's possible all of this is on the first thread.

It's my understanding the *advertiser censored* on his computer was child *advertiser censored*. I can't understand why we haven't heard about his arrest for that. Maybe the military is handling it and they usually keep things pretty quiet.

I googled the Lt.'s name after the media gave it. I could be wrong but it looks like he may work at the Naval Hospital or something in the medical field. Meghan's step-dad is Navy (someone correct me if that isn't right) and I think her biological father may have been in some branch of the military also. Maybe Meghan met this man through health care. I don't know.

All of this is just my opinion until I have time to go back and find the links.

Thanks so much for the info. I don't mean for you to go back and hunt up answers for me. I know that takes a lot of time.

I sure would like to know if this guy has been arrested for the child *advertiser censored*. I wish something would leak!

LE has more warrants for hospitals, link to article http://hamptonroads.com/2008/10/portsmouth-police-seek-more-hospital-records-girls-slaying

At last LE seems to be interested in doing something for Meghan and the VA Pilot is maybe getting onboard to push her case to the attention level it should have had all along. I want Meghans killer to be found ASAP and until he/she is found, I think the whole area should be on the highest alert possible. Anyone that would do that to a little girl wouldn't hesitate to hurt or kill anyone. It's good to see the press and LE doing something.

After reading all the posts about Meghan Landowski, it seems likely
that the murderer would be either:
her stepfather, who found her body and may have been angry if he found out she was not home on time, when she had been grounded.
questions: did stepfather take a polygraph? was his alibi air tight? dna checked? what about his cell phone use that day?
OR
the navy man who molested her. he was just out of jail, fearing for his
reputation, marriage, service career, his own children. Maybe he stopped by to talk with her and just 'snapped.'
his cell phone usage? his wife's? does he have a teenage son?
alibi for that time period?
dna checked? polygraph test?
As for NCIS, maybe the stepfather's commander could take it up with them?
or if her dad is in the service, he could take it up with his commander?
The family could get a meeting with NCIS investigators?
I hope her killer is brought to justice and soon.
Donna in Oregon

After reading all the posts about Meghan Landowski, it seems likely
that the murderer would be either:
her stepfather, who found her body and may have been angry if he found out she was not home on time, when she had been grounded.
questions: did stepfather take a polygraph? was his alibi air tight? dna checked? what about his cell phone use that day?

He was probably the first person LE looked at...however, he was very clearly on video at his place of work at the time of the murder. Poor man found her when he got home from work that day...and honestly, the sad, empty look in that man's eyes since this happened is heartbreaking. Not only did he lose his step-daughter, but his family has moved out of state and he has been the subject of a lot of speculation.

The animal who did this has destroyed more lives than the one he took.

From what I have heard of Meghans father (you call him "step" if you want, he loved her as his own, so that makes him "Dad") there is no way he would harm a hair on his kids head. He would walk through hell and back for his kids from what I've heard. But above and beyond that, he was cleared of any doubt very quickly with rock solid proof. I can't help but wonder if maybe the Portsmouth Cop that was recently charged with molesting his girlfriends daughter might have had something to do with it. Westhaven is just around the corner from Simonsdale and who would know better on what investigators would be looking for than a cop? I am pleased to hear that little Meghan was able to inflict some type of injury on her killer though and hope it leads to his arrest and confiction.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EVH
Back