GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I work with a lady whose daughter danced with Meghan and she said Meghan was very a very sweet caring child well liked by her daughter and others ....and a Very good dancer she had been invited to join a group of the best dancers...everything I've heard about her she was a delightful sweet young lady.

Im sure Meghan was as nice as she was sweet and adorable. Nice to hear that someone in that town is doing something in her honor.

Thank you locals for sharing info like this- :clap::clap:

Heya Blink :blowkiss:~
Hope everything is well with you this evening. :) I am STILL emailing letters twice a week to the email list that I posted above. Are you saying that you would like a copy of the email that I send? TBH, I have two versions I have been using. Both center on Meghan, but the other includes Lt Cox and the PPD/NCIS. Im just confused (not hard to do...lol) on what you would like a copy of. I think a few other people are emailing along with me (I hope :prayer: ).

This case really bothers me. This young girl was such a cute, sunny girl with a great attitude (from what we have seen and heard). She already suffered enough being molested, and now this. It just doesnt seem fair! I honestly can't believe the lack of media coverage that her case has received. I NEVER heard about it in the media, and Im in CA. Her murder caught me from the beginning, and Im in with you on re-focusing on the facts/clues. We have to be missing something, especially from what 757 heard from the pilot reporter! What a shame!

***Kiss your babies and tell them that you love them as much as possible, no matter how old they get. You never know anymore, and I have noticed a huge INCREASE in crime as the economy has gotten worse. Im sure there is a correalation between the two, but the violence has to STOP! :rage: Its hard not to think about Meghan, and all of the other innocent kids that have been snatched up and killed by evil people with evil on their minds. You can NEVER be too carefull.***

sorry on the late reply chico- I just wanted to see a copy of what y'all are sending and who it is going to in case I can think if some new contacts, etc.. and GREAT advice

I can't say I'm surprised.

So with all this coming and going of dept. heads it's making it seem even less likely that anyone will ever be arrested for Meghan's murder.

No it doesn't look good at all unless the Navy keeps investigating the case...

No it doesn't look good at all unless the Navy keeps investigating the case...

Ha- Like that will happen-(not bashing you jeepgirl :)), but it doesnt seem like NCIS is any better than local LE. What a shame. Meghan deserves so much more and her family needs to see some justice.

When do they consider a case cold? I hope that is not what they have done with this case- What a shame! I havent heard back from 1 of my emails and I continue to send them. I would think at least the perv would be arrested for child *advertiser censored* found on the computer, IMO. :waitasec:

I agree with Lizzybeth, the likelihood of anyone ever being charged in Meghan's murder is not good. P-town LE has always had corruption and competency problems. There is no finer example of how not to run a PD than P-town PD. I think most of the problems stem from being at the bottom of the pay-scale for the area. P-town council would rather spend tax funds on their own pet projects and their top heavy administration than for fire and police or any other infrastructure. Could be because they have had the same corrupt mayor for decades and the citizens are too lazy to go and vote him out. If I recall correctly, this past election for mayor totaled less than three thousand votes. There has been on going wars between the PPD and the P-town Sheriffs Department and the public works department. Corruption in P-town is a long time tradition.
I had to carry my step-daughter to college last week. I fought back tears and emotions for the whole trip and have to admit that more than a few tears came from my eyes when I was by myself. I can't begin to imagine how Meghans step-dad feels. I don't know how old Meghan was when her step-dad came in the picture, but I can tell you that even before my wife and I were married, I considered her kids to be my kids. To loose one of my kids the way Meghan was lost would probably kill me. I feel for Meghans family and hope that somehow her case will get the attention it needs to bring who murdered her to justice. I know that won't take the families pain away, but at least it will help.

Wow..I just can't believe this case hasn't been solved yet. I feel so bad for her family and friends..I hope they have found some peace.

I agree with Lizzybeth, the likelihood of anyone ever being charged in Meghan's murder is not good. P-town LE has always had corruption and competency problems. There is no finer example of how not to run a PD than P-town PD. I think most of the problems stem from being at the bottom of the pay-scale for the area. P-town council would rather spend tax funds on their own pet projects and their top heavy administration than for fire and police or any other infrastructure. Could be because they have had the same corrupt mayor for decades and the citizens are too lazy to go and vote him out. If I recall correctly, this past election for mayor totaled less than three thousand votes. There has been on going wars between the PPD and the P-town Sheriffs Department and the public works department. Corruption in P-town is a long time tradition.
I had to carry my step-daughter to college last week. I fought back tears and emotions for the whole trip and have to admit that more than a few tears came from my eyes when I was by myself. I can't begin to imagine how Meghans step-dad feels. I don't know how old Meghan was when her step-dad came in the picture, but I can tell you that even before my wife and I were married, I considered her kids to be my kids. To loose one of my kids the way Meghan was lost would probably kill me. I feel for Meghans family and hope that somehow her case will get the attention it needs to bring who murdered her to justice. I know that won't take the families pain away, but at least it will help.

bump
I had hoped for swift justice... now I just wish for answers...... I cannot imagine what this is doing to Meghan's family.

Nothing new going on that I know of. The family will be here later next month holding a birthday memorial on the day that Meghan should have turned 17.

I pray that this case is still active although nothing has been reported recently.

Darling little girl,

We apologize for having failed you by not yet bringing your killer to justice. Investigations are often complicated & lengthy, but WebSleuthers will keep this case in the forefront & someday, that monster will pay for what happened to you.

"auntie" noZme

I had to make a run to the bank for work today. I was sitting at the traffic light and looked my right. There was an SUV with some young girls in the back. On the side of the window they had (I guess) their names and "Meghan Landowski" written on it with paint chalk.

We're not the only ones who haven't forgotten her.

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/09/memorial-walk-set-portsmouth-teen-murder-victim

This is the information on the Memorial Walk for Meghan. I'm sure they meant Pinecrest church and not Pinehurst. You would think locals could at least get the name of the church right. Also, it says they will walk to the waterfront. I'm not sure what waterfront they're talking about. Maybe City Park (Elizabeth River)? A walk downtown to the waterfront would be a long walk.

I hope I'm able to attend.

Several stories were posted today...Daily Press, Virginian Pilot & Wavy Tv10 all had items on Meghan.

lizzybeth,
I may join the walk with you... for all the WSers !!!! This is the 1st case I followed at Websleuths & need to see it resolved. Perhaps some of the other locals who have been posting here would like to walk as a group.
I'll be at Nag's Head, arriving the 14th. Mapquest gives the distance at 83 miles to Portsmouth...... Every year, a group of us meet at a friend's cabin to close out the summer. This time, instead of flying, I am driving, so I'll have my own vehicle..... definite plans closer to the 20th.

lizzybeth,
I may join the walk with you... for all the WSers !!!! This is the 1st case I followed at Websleuths & need to see it resolved. Perhaps some of the other locals who have been posting here would like to walk as a group.
I'll be at Nag's Head, arriving the 14th. Mapquest gives the distance at 83 miles to Portsmouth...... Every year, a group of us meet at a friend's cabin to close out the summer. This time, instead of flying, I am driving, so I'll have my own vehicle..... definite plans closer to the 20th.

I'd love to have a group of us together for the walk. As it gets closer maybe (if you're comfortable doing that) we can exchange "real" names and find a place to meet before the walk. Now, what about BigMike, mmmmbrownies and Gayle?

I can't believe they said it may be a "group" of people that have information on Meghan's murderer. Most of the time something is leaked when so many know. I think this is the first time I've ever seen her cause of death printed.

I had to make a run to the bank for work today. I was sitting at the traffic light and looked my right. There was an SUV with some young girls in the back. On the side of the window they had (I guess) their names and "Meghan Landowski" written on it with paint chalk.

We're not the only ones who haven't forgotten her.

Oh, Lizzybeth, that statement of yours brought tears to my eyes. I am a hard azz, and don't cry, so consider that!!! :eek: I have followed this case with every thing that is new. Meghan's case is one of those that CAN be solved and MUST be solved. I refuse to accept less. I am not geographically close enough to be there at the walk, but if I could I would be there with candles, and probably flares in hand. I have come to love this girl that I never knew in real life. Websleuths has taught me that it is OK to love someone you never knew in real life - sometimes, that can be the most important love of all - the love of knowing one's "potential". That is the thing that is SO tragic, and SO wrong with Meghan's death!!!! She had the potential to be a leader in our future. If I were to have future female children, I would name one of them Meghan after this brave child. Oh, GOD, I want her murderer to be brought to justice!!!! :furious::furious::furious: That is the very least that can happen - after that - there must be a memorial to this child who we have come to love. She deserves so much more than life gave her - perhaps we can give her something that fuiture generations will remember. Rest in peace Meghan - we are still looking, and I am sure there has to be some LE in that area that feel like we do. Karma is real..... Karma is real.......

I'd love to chat with Det. Jan Westerbeck ..... have her expound on "groups", learn what has been going on with the investigation & why there have been no official statements by law enforcement. A child murdered in her home in a quiet neighborhood, should have caused quite a demand to identify the killer by neighbors, parents, school & other goverment officials, yadayadayada....... I don't understand the way this has been handled.

Before now, I have supressed my urge to mention the reward..... $3000 & $1000 seem measley amounts. Even adding a zero to each, is a pitifully small amount in exchange for taking a violent, perverted child killer off the street. Why haven't there been benefits to raise more $$$ ? Her dance school could have a special recital, church youth group could have car wash, bake sale, something! ... I may take it upon myself to call around for corporate contributions.

To conform to WS guidelines, we should take the discussion of meeting at the memorial walk to messages..... lizzy & CAgirl, the 3 of us need to contact the others lizzy mentioned & invite them to join us...... anyone else interested please message one of us..... ( i hope that's kosher to say here.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back